- Sandvik is platinum sponsor for upcoming Copperbelt Mining Trade Expo and Conference in Kitwe next weekPosted 6 hours ago
- Two Chipata Businessmen Arrested Over K40,000 counterfeit notesPosted 6 hours ago
- ZAWA Director General’s Contract Terminated by GovernmentPosted 6 hours ago
- Nevers Mumba maintains MMD NEC meeting is set for month endPosted 24 hours ago
- We will continue yapping to demand for the release of the draft constitution says Fr. Leonard ChitiPosted 1 day ago
- Police launch manhunt for bandits who snatched K541,736.00 cash in LuanshyaPosted 1 day ago
- Unsafe Abortions in Zambia worry GovernmentPosted 1 day ago
- 35 people killed in Easter weekend accidentsPosted 1 day ago
- Dora and her team should leave MMD says Bowman LusamboPosted 2 days ago
- President Sata mourns Dennis LiwewePosted 2 days ago
A Lusaka based Bishop has been arrested in connection with grisly murder of Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 19, 2012
A Bishop from a named church in Lusaka has also been apprehended for questioning by police in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu.
This brings the number of people nabbed in connection to the grisly murder to three.
Police say they have yet again made in roads in the on going investigations of the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu the 19-year-old National Institute for Public Administration (NIPA) student who was killed on Friday last week.
Police say they have closed in on other people suspected to have played a role in the atrocious act.
Lusaka Province Commissioner of Police, Solomon Jere, said in an interview that more suspects were expected to be netted.
Dr Jere was positive that more would be cornered as his officers had gone full throttle to bring the culprits to book.
“ We are progressing on very firm ground in this case,” he said.
On wednesday, police disclosed that two people were picked up and detained in connection with Ruth’s
murder but could not give their identities.
However, reliable police sources revealed that one of the two suspects was an uncle to the victim.
Ruth’s body was discovered on Saturday morning in Lusaka’s Emmasdale area about three houses away from her home with eyes poked out and her facial skin peeled off in what has been suspected to be a ritual killing.