- President Michael Sata swears in Attorney General Musa Mwenye and Solicitor General Abraham MwansaPosted 34 mins ago
- Luapula Province Permanent Secretary Kasolo hails $200million road worksPosted 21 hours ago
- Nevers Mumba says MMD will bring a new style of politics in ZambiaPosted 21 hours ago
- Horny Bishop from holy fire ministries charged with indecent assaultPosted 21 hours ago
- Dr Mumba confers with Mwata, stresses the need to preserve culturePosted 3 days ago
- Lusaka Man attempts to commit suicide after using company money in a failed money multiplication dealPosted 5 days ago
- ZAMBEEF director urges graduates to become entrepreneursPosted 5 days ago
- Police officer shoots dead his wifePosted 6 days ago
- 12,657 candidates pass GCE examsPosted 6 days ago
- Grand Coalition expels Young African Leaders’ Initiative (YALI)Posted 6 days ago
A Lusaka based Bishop has been arrested in connection with grisly murder of Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 19, 2012
A Bishop from a named church in Lusaka has also been apprehended for questioning by police in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu.
This brings the number of people nabbed in connection to the grisly murder to three.
Police say they have yet again made in roads in the on going investigations of the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu the 19-year-old National Institute for Public Administration (NIPA) student who was killed on Friday last week.
Police say they have closed in on other people suspected to have played a role in the atrocious act.
Lusaka Province Commissioner of Police, Solomon Jere, said in an interview that more suspects were expected to be netted.
Dr Jere was positive that more would be cornered as his officers had gone full throttle to bring the culprits to book.
“ We are progressing on very firm ground in this case,” he said.
On wednesday, police disclosed that two people were picked up and detained in connection with Ruth’s
murder but could not give their identities.
However, reliable police sources revealed that one of the two suspects was an uncle to the victim.
Ruth’s body was discovered on Saturday morning in Lusaka’s Emmasdale area about three houses away from her home with eyes poked out and her facial skin peeled off in what has been suspected to be a ritual killing.