- American Ambassador, Mark Storella Supports Subsidies RemovalsPosted 15 hours ago
- NAREP names Feira candidatePosted 16 hours ago
- Mpulungu Teachers Condemn Allowance Removal By GovernmentPosted 16 hours ago
- Justices Kajimanga and Mutuna are well within their rights to challenge the constitutionality of the Tribunal, Says LAZPosted 16 hours ago
- Zesco United F.C shifts its remaining fixtures to Ndola Trade Fair groundsPosted 2 days ago
- US Peace Corps Volunteer Jailed in ChipataPosted 2 days ago
- Two Suspended Judges Again seek Court intervention to Block Judge Chikopa Tribunal SittingsPosted 2 days ago
- New UNHCR Representative for Zambia Assumes OfficePosted 2 days ago
- Explain The Removal of Subsidies on Maize and Fuel To Our People, Sata Tells MinistersPosted 2 days ago
- Two Multi-Choice Zambia Staff Die In Chibombo AccidentPosted 2 days ago
A Lusaka based Bishop has been arrested in connection with grisly murder of Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 19, 2012
A Bishop from a named church in Lusaka has also been apprehended for questioning by police in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu.
This brings the number of people nabbed in connection to the grisly murder to three.
Police say they have yet again made in roads in the on going investigations of the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu the 19-year-old National Institute for Public Administration (NIPA) student who was killed on Friday last week.
Police say they have closed in on other people suspected to have played a role in the atrocious act.
Lusaka Province Commissioner of Police, Solomon Jere, said in an interview that more suspects were expected to be netted.
Dr Jere was positive that more would be cornered as his officers had gone full throttle to bring the culprits to book.
“ We are progressing on very firm ground in this case,” he said.
On wednesday, police disclosed that two people were picked up and detained in connection with Ruth’s
murder but could not give their identities.
However, reliable police sources revealed that one of the two suspects was an uncle to the victim.
Ruth’s body was discovered on Saturday morning in Lusaka’s Emmasdale area about three houses away from her home with eyes poked out and her facial skin peeled off in what has been suspected to be a ritual killing.