- Korea Electric Power Corporation, seeks to invest in ZambiaPosted 5 hours ago
- Immigration Secures 9 ConvictionsPosted 5 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu urges Japanese investors to partner with ZambiaPosted 1 day ago
- Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba Expelled from the PFPosted 1 day ago
- Zambia drops visa requirement for all COMESA citizensPosted 1 day ago
- Anti-Corruption Commission Arrests Police Inspector for Corrupt PracticesPosted 1 day ago
- Immigration arrests 19 illegal immigrants in sting clean-up operationPosted 1 day ago
- Zambia and Zimbabwe launches Kaza UNIVISA in GermanyPosted 1 day ago
- Rupiah Bwezani Banda invited to inauguration of Namibia’s President-elect Dr Hage GeingobPosted 1 day ago
- President Edgar Lungu nominates Christopher Mvunga as MP and appointed him Ministry of Finance Deputy MinisterPosted 2 days ago
A Lusaka based Bishop has been arrested in connection with grisly murder of Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 19, 2012
A Bishop from a named church in Lusaka has also been apprehended for questioning by police in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu.
This brings the number of people nabbed in connection to the grisly murder to three.
Police say they have yet again made in roads in the on going investigations of the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu the 19-year-old National Institute for Public Administration (NIPA) student who was killed on Friday last week.
Police say they have closed in on other people suspected to have played a role in the atrocious act.
Lusaka Province Commissioner of Police, Solomon Jere, said in an interview that more suspects were expected to be netted.
Dr Jere was positive that more would be cornered as his officers had gone full throttle to bring the culprits to book.
“ We are progressing on very firm ground in this case,” he said.
On wednesday, police disclosed that two people were picked up and detained in connection with Ruth’s
murder but could not give their identities.
However, reliable police sources revealed that one of the two suspects was an uncle to the victim.
Ruth’s body was discovered on Saturday morning in Lusaka’s Emmasdale area about three houses away from her home with eyes poked out and her facial skin peeled off in what has been suspected to be a ritual killing.