- Speech for President Sata at the opening of the fourth session of the eleventh National AssemblyPosted 18 hours ago
- President Sata opens fourth session of the eleventh National AssemblyPosted 20 hours ago
- Airports Company of South Africa keen to partner with ZambiaPosted 21 hours ago
- Eric T. Schultz named new United States Ambassador to ZambiaPosted 22 hours ago
- Chikwanda to present 2015 National Budget on October 10th, 2014Posted 22 hours ago
- Three killed in road carnage in Shiwang’andu DistrictPosted 22 hours ago
- President Sata to open parliament this morningPosted 23 hours ago
- Woman aged 23 arrested for having sex with a boy aged 15 at a guesthouse in ChipataPosted 1 day ago
- Zambia and Zimbabwe mobilise $280m for Kariba dam repairsPosted 2 days ago
- Magistrates Court fines 10 people over Mukula treePosted 2 days ago
A Lusaka based Bishop has been arrested in connection with grisly murder of Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 19, 2012
A Bishop from a named church in Lusaka has also been apprehended for questioning by police in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu.
This brings the number of people nabbed in connection to the grisly murder to three.
Police say they have yet again made in roads in the on going investigations of the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu the 19-year-old National Institute for Public Administration (NIPA) student who was killed on Friday last week.
Police say they have closed in on other people suspected to have played a role in the atrocious act.
Lusaka Province Commissioner of Police, Solomon Jere, said in an interview that more suspects were expected to be netted.
Dr Jere was positive that more would be cornered as his officers had gone full throttle to bring the culprits to book.
“ We are progressing on very firm ground in this case,” he said.
On wednesday, police disclosed that two people were picked up and detained in connection with Ruth’s
murder but could not give their identities.
However, reliable police sources revealed that one of the two suspects was an uncle to the victim.
Ruth’s body was discovered on Saturday morning in Lusaka’s Emmasdale area about three houses away from her home with eyes poked out and her facial skin peeled off in what has been suspected to be a ritual killing.