- One child dies in bus accident on Ndola-Kapiri roadPosted 3 days ago
- Minister of Tourism and Arts Jean Kapata dissolves ZAWA BoardPosted 3 days ago
- Lusaka High Court throws out General Kanene’s application against convictionPosted 4 days ago
- DEC in Eastern Province has arrests six peasant farmers in Chief Chinunda’s area for unlawful cultivation of fresh cannabis plantsPosted 4 days ago
- 22 year old female Israeli national arrested for trafficking in cannabisPosted 4 days ago
- Continent’s energy and water leaders join forces to discuss challenges and celebrate successes at annual African Utility Week in Cape Town in MayPosted 4 days ago
- Cost of living goes up says JCTRPosted 5 days ago
- Eight people die on the spot in a bus and truck head on collision in PembaPosted 5 days ago
- 9 months old baby dies in an inferno in Lusaka, police sayPosted 5 days ago
- Fastjet to introduce a third flight from Dar es Salaam to LusakaPosted 5 days ago
A Lusaka based Bishop has been arrested in connection with grisly murder of Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 19, 2012
A Bishop from a named church in Lusaka has also been apprehended for questioning by police in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu.
This brings the number of people nabbed in connection to the grisly murder to three.
Police say they have yet again made in roads in the on going investigations of the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu the 19-year-old National Institute for Public Administration (NIPA) student who was killed on Friday last week.
Police say they have closed in on other people suspected to have played a role in the atrocious act.
Lusaka Province Commissioner of Police, Solomon Jere, said in an interview that more suspects were expected to be netted.
Dr Jere was positive that more would be cornered as his officers had gone full throttle to bring the culprits to book.
“ We are progressing on very firm ground in this case,” he said.
On wednesday, police disclosed that two people were picked up and detained in connection with Ruth’s
murder but could not give their identities.
However, reliable police sources revealed that one of the two suspects was an uncle to the victim.
Ruth’s body was discovered on Saturday morning in Lusaka’s Emmasdale area about three houses away from her home with eyes poked out and her facial skin peeled off in what has been suspected to be a ritual killing.