- Parliament should enact the Constitution amendment bill, says YALIPosted 3 hours ago
- PEPZ urges large firms to source locallyPosted 6 hours ago
- One person killed in Chipata road accidentPosted 6 hours ago
- Five Zambians chosen to participate in first ever YALI Southern Africa Regional TrainingPosted 1 day ago
- Zambian dies in a fall from an apartment in South AfricaPosted 1 day ago
- Daddy who killed his four year old son sentenced to 15 years in prisonPosted 3 days ago
- NGOCC disappointed the process to enact the new constitutionPosted 3 days ago
- President Lungu deserves support from all Zambians, says Bowman LusamboPosted 3 days ago
- Child marriage is a violation of children’s rights, says President LunguPosted 4 days ago
- President Lungu has no solutions to the Zambia’s economic problems, says FDDPosted 4 days ago
A Lusaka based Bishop has been arrested in connection with grisly murder of Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 19, 2012
A Bishop from a named church in Lusaka has also been apprehended for questioning by police in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu.
This brings the number of people nabbed in connection to the grisly murder to three.
Police say they have yet again made in roads in the on going investigations of the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu the 19-year-old National Institute for Public Administration (NIPA) student who was killed on Friday last week.
Police say they have closed in on other people suspected to have played a role in the atrocious act.
Lusaka Province Commissioner of Police, Solomon Jere, said in an interview that more suspects were expected to be netted.
Dr Jere was positive that more would be cornered as his officers had gone full throttle to bring the culprits to book.
“ We are progressing on very firm ground in this case,” he said.
On wednesday, police disclosed that two people were picked up and detained in connection with Ruth’s
murder but could not give their identities.
However, reliable police sources revealed that one of the two suspects was an uncle to the victim.
Ruth’s body was discovered on Saturday morning in Lusaka’s Emmasdale area about three houses away from her home with eyes poked out and her facial skin peeled off in what has been suspected to be a ritual killing.