- I will be contesting the Kasama Central seat on the UPND ticket says GBMPosted 6 hours ago
- Alliance for a Green Revolution (AGRA) and Zambia to Strengthen Collaboration for Agricultural TransformationPosted 7 hours ago
- Zambia is 16th on World Netball RankingPosted 12 hours ago
- Husband puts Love Portions “Muti” in Wife’s food to curb her Promiscuous BehaviorPosted 13 hours ago
- Violent Wife Loses MarriagePosted 1 day ago
- Government acknowledges the power of the media in influencing policy and public opinion, says Miles SampaPosted 1 day ago
- Breastfeeding is a Panacea for Child Mortality says CSO-SUNPosted 1 day ago
- Zambia National Farmers Union Signs MoU with EUPosted 1 day ago
- Write A Strong Business Plan to get Funding, says Nyamuka ExpertsPosted 2 days ago
- Lusaka show-goers scramble for natural sex boosters from “Dr” ZimbaPosted 2 days ago
A Lusaka based Bishop has been arrested in connection with grisly murder of Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 19, 2012
A Bishop from a named church in Lusaka has also been apprehended for questioning by police in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu.
This brings the number of people nabbed in connection to the grisly murder to three.
Police say they have yet again made in roads in the on going investigations of the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu the 19-year-old National Institute for Public Administration (NIPA) student who was killed on Friday last week.
Police say they have closed in on other people suspected to have played a role in the atrocious act.
Lusaka Province Commissioner of Police, Solomon Jere, said in an interview that more suspects were expected to be netted.
Dr Jere was positive that more would be cornered as his officers had gone full throttle to bring the culprits to book.
“ We are progressing on very firm ground in this case,” he said.
On wednesday, police disclosed that two people were picked up and detained in connection with Ruth’s
murder but could not give their identities.
However, reliable police sources revealed that one of the two suspects was an uncle to the victim.
Ruth’s body was discovered on Saturday morning in Lusaka’s Emmasdale area about three houses away from her home with eyes poked out and her facial skin peeled off in what has been suspected to be a ritual killing.