- Police arrest 19 UPND cadres in MulobeziPosted 4 hours ago
- Voting going on peacefully in Mulobezi, Malambo and PetaukePosted 7 hours ago
- Nawakwi’s statement is fill distortions and malice-PFPosted 13 hours ago
- Building of transit homes is a sign of misplaced priorities-MMDPosted 13 hours ago
- Term of the Presidency is tied to the life of Parliament-Peter SinkambaPosted 13 hours ago
- Toyota Tsusho, Amatheon Agri Group to partner on US$10 million agro project in ZambiaPosted 13 hours ago
- Voting has started in Petauke, Malambo, Mulobezi ConstituenciesPosted 15 hours ago
- Rupiah Banda Acquitted in Nigerian Oil CasePosted 1 day ago
- ZESCO suspends the export of power to neighboring countriesPosted 1 day ago
- A people driven constitution is a must before the 2016 general elections- LongwePosted 1 day ago
Two arrested in connection with the brutal murder of NIPA student Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 18, 2012
Two people have been arrested in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu, a 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student on Friday evening last week.
Police Service deputy spokesperson Rea Hamoonga confirmed the development to Mwebantu New Media today (18/07/2012) but could not give the identity of the two people who had been arrested. “We have apprehended two suspects to help in the investigations,” he said.
Lusaka Province Police chief Solomon on Sunday said police were closing in on the suspected killers and that they had strong links which they had based their investigations on.
“We are closing in, we have got some strong links which police are following,” he said.
Ruth’s blemished body was found in the early hours of Saturday in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s home.
Ruth’s body had her facial skin and eyes removed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.