- CCMG urges political parties to encourage their members to register as votersPosted 1 day ago
- RTSA orders for the revocation of a drivers licence for a Lusaka driver for dangerous drivingPosted 1 day ago
- Cyclist Allen Namukamba rides from Siavonga to Chipata for Climate JusticePosted 2 days ago
- Konkola Copper Mine cuts 148 jobsPosted 4 days ago
- UPND is not against the call for the national day of fasting and prayer says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 4 days ago
- Twin palm bike club act on climate changePosted 5 days ago
- RTSA apologizes to all driver license applicantsPosted 5 days ago
- South African farmers plan USD$100 million annual investment in ZambiaPosted 5 days ago
- Hakainde Hichilema says he will not attend National Day of Fasting and Prayer, Event is mockery to GodPosted 5 days ago
- Judy Siyambango wins K 250,000 from Nyamuka Zambia business plan competitionPosted 5 days ago
Two arrested in connection with the brutal murder of NIPA student Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 18, 2012
Two people have been arrested in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu, a 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student on Friday evening last week.
Police Service deputy spokesperson Rea Hamoonga confirmed the development to Mwebantu New Media today (18/07/2012) but could not give the identity of the two people who had been arrested. “We have apprehended two suspects to help in the investigations,” he said.
Lusaka Province Police chief Solomon on Sunday said police were closing in on the suspected killers and that they had strong links which they had based their investigations on.
“We are closing in, we have got some strong links which police are following,” he said.
Ruth’s blemished body was found in the early hours of Saturday in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s home.
Ruth’s body had her facial skin and eyes removed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.