- Zambia Assents to Anti-Terrorism Amendment ActPosted 20 hours ago
- MMD Die Hard Bowman Lusambo to meet Julius MalemaPosted 20 hours ago
- Zambia remains vulnerable to developments in the global economy says Bank of ZambiaPosted 2 days ago
- Bus Tickets Zambia Introduces Free Shuttle Buses to Intercity TerminusPosted 2 days ago
- Wynter Kabimba had been a destabilizing figure says Sunday ChandaPosted 2 days ago
- Government is implementing tangible measures to support agriculture sector says Greyford MondePosted 2 days ago
- 1,028 people die from 16,000 RTAs this year alone says RTSAPosted 3 days ago
- Zambeef e18hteam football frenzy lands on Choma and LivingstonePosted 3 days ago
- Stanbic and PEP Zambia sign funding MoUPosted 3 days ago
- Rupiah Banda was a shameless “Sangwapo” President claims Copperbelt MMDPosted 3 days ago
Two arrested in connection with the brutal murder of NIPA student Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 18, 2012
Two people have been arrested in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu, a 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student on Friday evening last week.
Police Service deputy spokesperson Rea Hamoonga confirmed the development to Mwebantu New Media today (18/07/2012) but could not give the identity of the two people who had been arrested. “We have apprehended two suspects to help in the investigations,” he said.
Lusaka Province Police chief Solomon on Sunday said police were closing in on the suspected killers and that they had strong links which they had based their investigations on.
“We are closing in, we have got some strong links which police are following,” he said.
Ruth’s blemished body was found in the early hours of Saturday in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s home.
Ruth’s body had her facial skin and eyes removed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.