- The Grand Coalition to pay courtesy calls on Chiefs on the need for a new constitutionPosted 14 hours ago
- Kenneth Kaunda, (KK) admitted to a Lusaka HospitalPosted 15 hours ago
- Reviving Bilateral Relations Between Zambia and SerbiaPosted 18 hours ago
- JICA to continue supporting the improvement of the water and sanitation project in LusakaPosted 18 hours ago
- IFC proposes to issue Kwacha-Linked Bond on the Global MarketPosted 18 hours ago
- Zambian Cabinet Deliberates on Xenophobic Attacks in South AfricaPosted 2 days ago
- Cabinet Announces Changes to 2015 Mining Tax RegimePosted 2 days ago
- Gender Parity in CouncilsPosted 2 days ago
- Embrace Peace and Unity says ClergymanPosted 2 days ago
- PF government continued borrowing will make public debt unsustainable says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 2 days ago
Two arrested in connection with the brutal murder of NIPA student Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 18, 2012
Two people have been arrested in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu, a 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student on Friday evening last week.
Police Service deputy spokesperson Rea Hamoonga confirmed the development to Mwebantu New Media today (18/07/2012) but could not give the identity of the two people who had been arrested. “We have apprehended two suspects to help in the investigations,” he said.
Lusaka Province Police chief Solomon on Sunday said police were closing in on the suspected killers and that they had strong links which they had based their investigations on.
“We are closing in, we have got some strong links which police are following,” he said.
Ruth’s blemished body was found in the early hours of Saturday in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s home.
Ruth’s body had her facial skin and eyes removed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.