- Mother kills three own kids in Western provincePosted 59 mins ago
- Emirates Announces New Country Manager for ZambiaPosted 1 hour ago
- Proflight Zambia unveils new staff uniformsPosted 1 hour ago
- Shikapwasha’s case adjourned to February 5, 2014Posted 2 hours ago
- DEC nabs Somali national for trafficking in miraaPosted 2 hours ago
- Sata urges ILO to find solutions to unemploymentPosted 2 hours ago
- Supreme Court should nullify the entire 2011 electoral process says HHPosted 10 hours ago
- Four passengers die in Mazhandu Family Bus road accident in MonzePosted 10 hours ago
- Lusaka businessman arrested for trafficking in cocainePosted 2 days ago
- Luangwa bus accident report outPosted 2 days ago
Two arrested in connection with the brutal murder of NIPA student Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 18, 2012
Two people have been arrested in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu, a 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student on Friday evening last week.
Police Service deputy spokesperson Rea Hamoonga confirmed the development to Mwebantu New Media today (18/07/2012) but could not give the identity of the two people who had been arrested. “We have apprehended two suspects to help in the investigations,” he said.
Lusaka Province Police chief Solomon on Sunday said police were closing in on the suspected killers and that they had strong links which they had based their investigations on.
“We are closing in, we have got some strong links which police are following,” he said.
Ruth’s blemished body was found in the early hours of Saturday in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s home.
Ruth’s body had her facial skin and eyes removed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.