- President Lungu Appoints 14 District CommissionersPosted 12 hours ago
- President Lungu is failing to give the PF any identity alleges Chilufya TayaliPosted 16 hours ago
- Hakainde Hichilema opposes the lifting of the ban on the hunting of leopards and lionsPosted 17 hours ago
- KK Releases Zambia from all Curses, Pronounces BlessingsPosted 18 hours ago
- British national fined K10, 000 for unlawful stayPosted 5 days ago
- PF wants constitution that suits them only charges UPNDPosted 5 days ago
- PF government is abusing its workforce says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 5 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu Appoints Inonge Wina as PF Vice PresidentPosted 5 days ago
- Oasis Forum rejects enactment of the new constitution in a piecemeal mannerPosted 6 days ago
- DNA Equipment Commissioned by GovernmentPosted 6 days ago
Two arrested in connection with the brutal murder of NIPA student Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 18, 2012
Two people have been arrested in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu, a 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student on Friday evening last week.
Police Service deputy spokesperson Rea Hamoonga confirmed the development to Mwebantu New Media today (18/07/2012) but could not give the identity of the two people who had been arrested. “We have apprehended two suspects to help in the investigations,” he said.
Lusaka Province Police chief Solomon on Sunday said police were closing in on the suspected killers and that they had strong links which they had based their investigations on.
“We are closing in, we have got some strong links which police are following,” he said.
Ruth’s blemished body was found in the early hours of Saturday in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s home.
Ruth’s body had her facial skin and eyes removed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.