- Kabwe man arrested for defiling sick daughter in hospital toiletPosted 9 hours ago
- Zambia and Shoprite pledge to support EntrepreneursPosted 13 hours ago
- BancABC Awarded Fastest Growing Retail Bank in Zambia by the Global Banking and Finance ReviewPosted 14 hours ago
- Major-General David Muma is the new Zambia Airforce (ZAF) Deputy CommanderPosted 16 hours ago
- BancABC Registration of Suppliers for Goods and Services for the 2015/2016Posted 16 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu leaves for Addis AbabaPosted 17 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu takes Health Checks, transfers power to Inonge WinaPosted 1 day ago
- President Edgar Lungu fires Attorney-General Mr. Musa MwenyePosted 1 day ago
- President Edgar Lungu recognises Henry Kanyanta Sosala as Paramount Chief ChitimukuluPosted 2 days ago
- United States congratulates Zambia for upholding democracyPosted 3 days ago
Two arrested in connection with the brutal murder of NIPA student Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 18, 2012
Two people have been arrested in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu, a 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student on Friday evening last week.
Police Service deputy spokesperson Rea Hamoonga confirmed the development to Mwebantu New Media today (18/07/2012) but could not give the identity of the two people who had been arrested. “We have apprehended two suspects to help in the investigations,” he said.
Lusaka Province Police chief Solomon on Sunday said police were closing in on the suspected killers and that they had strong links which they had based their investigations on.
“We are closing in, we have got some strong links which police are following,” he said.
Ruth’s blemished body was found in the early hours of Saturday in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s home.
Ruth’s body had her facial skin and eyes removed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.