- ZCCM-IH Announces Ambitious Diversification PlanPosted 3 hours ago
- Supreme Court throws out Mutembo’s Petition to Stop TribunalPosted 3 hours ago
- RTSA normalizes the printing of Drivers Licence CardsPosted 5 hours ago
- Lusaka High Court stays the decision to deregister Miles Sampa’s Democratic FrontPosted 5 hours ago
- Four people die in Kabwe Road Traffic AccidentPosted 1 day ago
- President Lungu has meet with President HollandePosted 1 day ago
- We have a plan for Empowerment and Employment says Andyford Mayele BandaPosted 1 day ago
- Justina Mutale foundation launches Scholarships for underprivileged young Zambian womenPosted 2 days ago
- UPND commends Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ)Posted 2 days ago
- Evans reveals new Top Gear Friend on BBC BritPosted 2 days ago
Two arrested in connection with the brutal murder of NIPA student Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 18, 2012
Two people have been arrested in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu, a 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student on Friday evening last week.
Police Service deputy spokesperson Rea Hamoonga confirmed the development to Mwebantu New Media today (18/07/2012) but could not give the identity of the two people who had been arrested. “We have apprehended two suspects to help in the investigations,” he said.
Lusaka Province Police chief Solomon on Sunday said police were closing in on the suspected killers and that they had strong links which they had based their investigations on.
“We are closing in, we have got some strong links which police are following,” he said.
Ruth’s blemished body was found in the early hours of Saturday in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s home.
Ruth’s body had her facial skin and eyes removed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.