- Daddy who killed his four year old son sentenced to 15 years in prisonPosted 6 hours ago
- NGOCC disappointed the process to enact the new constitutionPosted 6 hours ago
- President Lungu deserves support from all Zambians, says Bowman LusamboPosted 6 hours ago
- Child marriage is a violation of children’s rights, says President LunguPosted 24 hours ago
- President Lungu has no solutions to the Zambia’s economic problems, says FDDPosted 1 day ago
- GBV is both a health and a human rights concern, says Lucy JoycePosted 1 day ago
- 21 year old woman arrested for allegedly defiling a 15 year old boy in NakondePosted 1 day ago
- Zambian Actor Brings Hollywood to ZambiaPosted 1 day ago
- Drug Enforcement Commission arrests five people for money launderingPosted 2 days ago
- 162 cases of child sexual abuse survivors recorded at UTH in the month of OctoberPosted 2 days ago
Two arrested in connection with the brutal murder of NIPA student Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 18, 2012
Two people have been arrested in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu, a 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student on Friday evening last week.
Police Service deputy spokesperson Rea Hamoonga confirmed the development to Mwebantu New Media today (18/07/2012) but could not give the identity of the two people who had been arrested. “We have apprehended two suspects to help in the investigations,” he said.
Lusaka Province Police chief Solomon on Sunday said police were closing in on the suspected killers and that they had strong links which they had based their investigations on.
“We are closing in, we have got some strong links which police are following,” he said.
Ruth’s blemished body was found in the early hours of Saturday in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s home.
Ruth’s body had her facial skin and eyes removed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.