- Violent Wife Loses MarriagePosted 13 hours ago
- Government acknowledges the power of the media in influencing policy and public opinion, says Miles SampaPosted 13 hours ago
- Breastfeeding is a Panacea for Child Mortality says CSO-SUNPosted 13 hours ago
- Zambia National Farmers Union Signs MoU with EUPosted 14 hours ago
- Write A Strong Business Plan to get Funding, says Nyamuka ExpertsPosted 1 day ago
- Lusaka show-goers scramble for natural sex boosters from “Dr” ZimbaPosted 1 day ago
- CBU students should get back to learning says Chishimba KambwiliPosted 2 days ago
- It is utmost disgust to suspend ZNBC’s union leader Martin Maseka by Mr. KambwiliPosted 2 days ago
- Collaborate with Government and business entities, Chitotela urges youthsPosted 3 days ago
- KCM is not closing Nchanga Underground minePosted 3 days ago
Two arrested in connection with the brutal murder of NIPA student Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 18, 2012
Two people have been arrested in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu, a 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student on Friday evening last week.
Police Service deputy spokesperson Rea Hamoonga confirmed the development to Mwebantu New Media today (18/07/2012) but could not give the identity of the two people who had been arrested. “We have apprehended two suspects to help in the investigations,” he said.
Lusaka Province Police chief Solomon on Sunday said police were closing in on the suspected killers and that they had strong links which they had based their investigations on.
“We are closing in, we have got some strong links which police are following,” he said.
Ruth’s blemished body was found in the early hours of Saturday in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s home.
Ruth’s body had her facial skin and eyes removed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.