- President Edgar Lungu directs changes to 2015 Mineral Royalty TaxPosted 4 days ago
- Proflight Zambia reintroduces its popular 50-seater CRJ-100 aircraft on domestic routes in ZambiaPosted 5 days ago
- President Lungu Mourns Willie NsandaPosted 5 days ago
- RDA fires Bernand Chiwala as Chief Executive OfficerPosted 6 days ago
- DEC arrests 30 people for unlawful cultivation and trafficking in various quantities of cannabisPosted 6 days ago
- Willie Nsanda; the Businessman, the Politician and the OrganiserPosted 6 days ago
- Japan gives USD 1.5 million to refugee and local integration programmes in ZambiaPosted 6 days ago
- Willie Nsanda Dies at Milpark Hospital in JohannesburgPosted 6 days ago
- Swedish Health Care Delegation Visit to ZambiaPosted 6 days ago
- Government starts to build 26 blocks of hostels at the University of Zambia at a cost of K 513 millionPosted 6 days ago
Two arrested in connection with the brutal murder of NIPA student Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 18, 2012
Two people have been arrested in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu, a 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student on Friday evening last week.
Police Service deputy spokesperson Rea Hamoonga confirmed the development to Mwebantu New Media today (18/07/2012) but could not give the identity of the two people who had been arrested. “We have apprehended two suspects to help in the investigations,” he said.
Lusaka Province Police chief Solomon on Sunday said police were closing in on the suspected killers and that they had strong links which they had based their investigations on.
“We are closing in, we have got some strong links which police are following,” he said.
Ruth’s blemished body was found in the early hours of Saturday in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s home.
Ruth’s body had her facial skin and eyes removed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.