- Lusaka City Council starts delimitation exercise of Constituencies into Ward and Polling Districts in LusakaPosted 2 hours ago
- MMD to undergo massive reorganization process says Nevers MumbaPosted 20 hours ago
- Daliso Mweene sets up business in her kitchen to share Zambian tastes for the United Kingdom marketPosted 21 hours ago
- DEC arrests a 30 year old woman for drug traffickingPosted 22 hours ago
- Government lifts ban on hunting in 19 hunting blocksPosted 22 hours ago
- Zambezi West poll to go aheadPosted 23 hours ago
- Ndola girl aged 10 years old, gives birth to a baby boy, recoveringPosted 24 hours ago
- Mangango: a wakeup call for the oppositionPosted 1 day ago
- Angry workers at some contractor companies engaged by KCM ran amok and destroy propertyPosted 1 day ago
- Police investigate “suicide” of Randy Kitwe Bishop who was charged for allegedly sexually abusing nine young girlsPosted 1 day ago
Two arrested in connection with the brutal murder of NIPA student Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 18, 2012
Two people have been arrested in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu, a 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student on Friday evening last week.
Police Service deputy spokesperson Rea Hamoonga confirmed the development to Mwebantu New Media today (18/07/2012) but could not give the identity of the two people who had been arrested. “We have apprehended two suspects to help in the investigations,” he said.
Lusaka Province Police chief Solomon on Sunday said police were closing in on the suspected killers and that they had strong links which they had based their investigations on.
“We are closing in, we have got some strong links which police are following,” he said.
Ruth’s blemished body was found in the early hours of Saturday in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s home.
Ruth’s body had her facial skin and eyes removed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.