- Ex-Evelyn Hone College Lecturer Threatens To Drag Kabimba To CourtPosted 13 hours ago
- President Sata Rejects Calls for One Passport for AfricaPosted 1 day ago
- Zambian Woman Busted For Drugs In IndiaPosted 2 days ago
- Two Die As Juldan Bus Collides with Toyota Spacio car in Mpika, 31 other passengers sustain serious injuriesPosted 2 days ago
- DEC Arrests One of the Major Suppliers of Cocaine in LusakaPosted 2 days ago
- TAZARA unionized workers in sit in protestPosted 2 days ago
- Eight People Die in Separate Accidents in Muchinga and the Copperbelt ProvincesPosted 2 days ago
- HPV Vaccine For Young Zambian GirlsPosted 2 days ago
- Sata arrives in Addis AbabaPosted 2 days ago
- Opposition’s Arrogance and Deliberate Ignorance on Subsidies Is Appalling, Says Sunday ChandaPosted 3 days ago
Two arrested in connection with the brutal murder of NIPA student Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 18, 2012
Two people have been arrested in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu, a 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student on Friday evening last week.
Police Service deputy spokesperson Rea Hamoonga confirmed the development to Mwebantu New Media today (18/07/2012) but could not give the identity of the two people who had been arrested. “We have apprehended two suspects to help in the investigations,” he said.
Lusaka Province Police chief Solomon on Sunday said police were closing in on the suspected killers and that they had strong links which they had based their investigations on.
“We are closing in, we have got some strong links which police are following,” he said.
Ruth’s blemished body was found in the early hours of Saturday in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s home.
Ruth’s body had her facial skin and eyes removed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.