- Excitement Mounts in ZAMBEEF butchery bonanzaPosted 2 hours ago
- Probe Hakainde Hichilema, President Edgar Lungu directs Zambia Police ServicePosted 4 hours ago
- $14.5 million made from Lusaka Emeralds AuctionPosted 4 hours ago
- ZAMBEEF value chain savings passed on to consumersPosted 4 days ago
- United States Ambassador to Zambia Eric Schultz visits Konkola Copper Mines (KCM)Posted 4 days ago
- PMRC calls for extensive review of SI No 63 on the increment of the retirement age in ZambiaPosted 5 days ago
- Drug Enforcement Commission arrests Lusaka man for trafficking in cocainePosted 5 days ago
- ZAMBEEF had a turnover of US$279 million in 2014Posted 5 days ago
- Proflight plane tickets now available at ShopritePosted 5 days ago
- Nepotism is rife in the Zambian Civil Service says President Edgar LunguPosted 6 days ago
Two arrested in connection with the brutal murder of NIPA student Ruth Mbandu
- Updated: July 18, 2012
Two people have been arrested in connection with the brutal murder of Ruth Mbandu, a 19-year old National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) student on Friday evening last week.
Police Service deputy spokesperson Rea Hamoonga confirmed the development to Mwebantu New Media today (18/07/2012) but could not give the identity of the two people who had been arrested. “We have apprehended two suspects to help in the investigations,” he said.
Lusaka Province Police chief Solomon on Sunday said police were closing in on the suspected killers and that they had strong links which they had based their investigations on.
“We are closing in, we have got some strong links which police are following,” he said.
Ruth’s blemished body was found in the early hours of Saturday in Emmasdale residential area a few metres away from her mother’s home.
Ruth’s body had her facial skin and eyes removed in what police suspect to be a ritual murder.