- President Lungu to hold a press conference at State HousePosted 10 hours ago
- Chisenga Muyoya becomes first Zambian to win JCI AwardPosted 16 hours ago
- Taxi driver sentenced to 25 years imprisonment for stabbing a woman with a screw driverPosted 17 hours ago
- Child marriage is a violation of a child’s rights, says Vincent MwalePosted 18 hours ago
- 11 people arrested in three provinces for trafficking in over 1.9 tonnes of cannabisPosted 18 hours ago
- Chipimo Pulls Out of 2016 Presidential RacePosted 18 hours ago
- Wezi coming of AgePosted 1 day ago
- Four -year-old, Ndola girl hit by car dies from injuriesPosted 1 day ago
- Kariba Bush Club has limited space for December, prices quoted in KwachaPosted 2 days ago
- Dot Com Zambia to sponsor the launch of The Business Breakfast ClubPosted 2 days ago
Maid murderer appears in court
- Updated: July 18, 2012
A 79-year-old man of foreign origin today appeared before a Lusaka magistrates’ court for allegedly killing his maid.
Before magistrate Exhilda Chanda was Arthur Stewart Francis, a retired farmer, charged with one count of murder contrary to Section 200 of the Penal Code.
The accused is alleged to have murdered Mary Simambwe on April 12, 2012.
The case has been adjourned to August 1, 2012 for mention awaiting to be committed to the High Court.
And the case in which a Lusaka Pastor is allegedly accused of confining his three year old child by tying the child failed to take off today.
The accused asked the court to give him one month in which he could contact his lawyer to represent him.
He further asked the court to read the indictment for him in order to understand the charge.
In response, magistrate Chanda said the lawyer he was talking about was not on the court records but said she could not give him one month but instead gave him two weeks in which he could contact his lawyer.
She told the accused that the indictment would be availed to him by his lawyer when he comes.
The matter has been adjourned to August 2 this year for trial.