- Nkana beat Nchanga to stay top of the MTN/FAZ Super League standingsPosted 5 hours ago
- Police Release Arrested UNZA StudentsPosted 9 hours ago
- Petersen offers solidarity to Arrested University StudentsPosted 9 hours ago
- Sata is a Dictator, Liar and his government is a failed Project, Says HHPosted 10 hours ago
- NAREP Regrets Removal of SubsidiesPosted 11 hours ago
- COSAFA adds Kitwe as venue for Cosafa Cup 2013, withdraws KabwePosted 11 hours ago
- K 11 billion was spent for Lukulu and Kapiri By-Elections, Feira will gobble 7.7 billion, Says ECZPosted 16 hours ago
- CDDR Denounces Mass Arrests of Civil Society Members and Students in ZambiaPosted 1 day ago
- Commodity Prices Shoot up in ChipataPosted 1 day ago
- President Sata assigns Prof Luo, GBM to settle ‘ heat’ with BashilubembaPosted 1 day ago
Maid murderer appears in court
- Updated: July 18, 2012
A 79-year-old man of foreign origin today appeared before a Lusaka magistrates’ court for allegedly killing his maid.
Before magistrate Exhilda Chanda was Arthur Stewart Francis, a retired farmer, charged with one count of murder contrary to Section 200 of the Penal Code.
The accused is alleged to have murdered Mary Simambwe on April 12, 2012.
The case has been adjourned to August 1, 2012 for mention awaiting to be committed to the High Court.
And the case in which a Lusaka Pastor is allegedly accused of confining his three year old child by tying the child failed to take off today.
The accused asked the court to give him one month in which he could contact his lawyer to represent him.
He further asked the court to read the indictment for him in order to understand the charge.
In response, magistrate Chanda said the lawyer he was talking about was not on the court records but said she could not give him one month but instead gave him two weeks in which he could contact his lawyer.
She told the accused that the indictment would be availed to him by his lawyer when he comes.
The matter has been adjourned to August 2 this year for trial.