- Ensure Prudent Financial Management of Public Resources, PMRC urges GovernmentPosted 6 hours ago
- Four Die in Kabwe Bus AccidentPosted 6 hours ago
- Chilufya Tayali is a Pathological Liar Says Patriotic FrontPosted 7 hours ago
- Chilufya Tayali is a discredited individual and a hired gun says Patriotic FrontPosted 8 hours ago
- Hakainde Hichilema tours George and Chunga Compounds in LusakaPosted 10 hours ago
- Proflight Provides Surprise Flight for Conservation StudentsPosted 14 hours ago
- President Lungu Appoints 14 District CommissionersPosted 1 day ago
- President Lungu is failing to give the PF any identity alleges Chilufya TayaliPosted 1 day ago
- Hakainde Hichilema opposes the lifting of the ban on the hunting of leopards and lionsPosted 1 day ago
- KK Releases Zambia from all Curses, Pronounces BlessingsPosted 1 day ago
Maid murderer appears in court
- Updated: July 18, 2012
A 79-year-old man of foreign origin today appeared before a Lusaka magistrates’ court for allegedly killing his maid.
Before magistrate Exhilda Chanda was Arthur Stewart Francis, a retired farmer, charged with one count of murder contrary to Section 200 of the Penal Code.
The accused is alleged to have murdered Mary Simambwe on April 12, 2012.
The case has been adjourned to August 1, 2012 for mention awaiting to be committed to the High Court.
And the case in which a Lusaka Pastor is allegedly accused of confining his three year old child by tying the child failed to take off today.
The accused asked the court to give him one month in which he could contact his lawyer to represent him.
He further asked the court to read the indictment for him in order to understand the charge.
In response, magistrate Chanda said the lawyer he was talking about was not on the court records but said she could not give him one month but instead gave him two weeks in which he could contact his lawyer.
She told the accused that the indictment would be availed to him by his lawyer when he comes.
The matter has been adjourned to August 2 this year for trial.