- Hakainde Hichilema claims 2015 Presidential election has been stolen from himPosted 1 day ago
- Hakainde Hichilema closes In, but Edgar Lungu is still in the leadPosted 3 days ago
- Edgar Lungu still leading in Zambia Presidential ElectionPosted 3 days ago
- ECZ Suspends Release of Updated Results in the Zambia Presidential ElectionPosted 4 days ago
- Edgar Lungu leads so farPosted 4 days ago
- Voting in 51 polling stations to be held todayPosted 5 days ago
- I am ready to work with Edgar, if he wins polls says Guy ScottPosted 5 days ago
- Apathy characterized presidential votePosted 5 days ago
- Do not turn away voters with nail polish on their finger says ECZPosted 5 days ago
- Edgar Lungu and Hakainde Hichilema gear up for final ralliesPosted 6 days ago
Maid murderer appears in court
- Updated: July 18, 2012
A 79-year-old man of foreign origin today appeared before a Lusaka magistrates’ court for allegedly killing his maid.
Before magistrate Exhilda Chanda was Arthur Stewart Francis, a retired farmer, charged with one count of murder contrary to Section 200 of the Penal Code.
The accused is alleged to have murdered Mary Simambwe on April 12, 2012.
The case has been adjourned to August 1, 2012 for mention awaiting to be committed to the High Court.
And the case in which a Lusaka Pastor is allegedly accused of confining his three year old child by tying the child failed to take off today.
The accused asked the court to give him one month in which he could contact his lawyer to represent him.
He further asked the court to read the indictment for him in order to understand the charge.
In response, magistrate Chanda said the lawyer he was talking about was not on the court records but said she could not give him one month but instead gave him two weeks in which he could contact his lawyer.
She told the accused that the indictment would be availed to him by his lawyer when he comes.
The matter has been adjourned to August 2 this year for trial.