- Mangango polls openPosted 23 hours ago
- Do not eat game meat from unauthorised vendors, ZAWA warns publicPosted 2 days ago
- 16 year old boy attempts to rape 82 year old woman in MbalaPosted 2 days ago
- Kalabo court sentences woman to six months imprisonment for unlawful possession of bush meatPosted 4 days ago
- Zambia and Argentina embark on strengthening cooperationPosted 4 days ago
- Chipolopolo regroups for Sudan encounterPosted 4 days ago
- Former Mozambique President Chisano expected in ZambiaPosted 4 days ago
- BancABC and African Life partner to deploy life assurance across ZambiaPosted 5 days ago
- Speaker Matibini hopes for stronger ties with African ParliamentPosted 5 days ago
- ZAMBEEF opens butchery number 122Posted 5 days ago
Maid murderer appears in court
- Updated: July 18, 2012
A 79-year-old man of foreign origin today appeared before a Lusaka magistrates’ court for allegedly killing his maid.
Before magistrate Exhilda Chanda was Arthur Stewart Francis, a retired farmer, charged with one count of murder contrary to Section 200 of the Penal Code.
The accused is alleged to have murdered Mary Simambwe on April 12, 2012.
The case has been adjourned to August 1, 2012 for mention awaiting to be committed to the High Court.
And the case in which a Lusaka Pastor is allegedly accused of confining his three year old child by tying the child failed to take off today.
The accused asked the court to give him one month in which he could contact his lawyer to represent him.
He further asked the court to read the indictment for him in order to understand the charge.
In response, magistrate Chanda said the lawyer he was talking about was not on the court records but said she could not give him one month but instead gave him two weeks in which he could contact his lawyer.
She told the accused that the indictment would be availed to him by his lawyer when he comes.
The matter has been adjourned to August 2 this year for trial.