- Nevers Mumba maintains MMD NEC meeting is set for month endPosted 5 hours ago
- We will continue yapping to demand for the release of the draft constitution says Fr. Leonard ChitiPosted 6 hours ago
- Police launch manhunt for bandits who snatched K541,736.00 cash in LuanshyaPosted 9 hours ago
- Unsafe Abortions in Zambia worry GovernmentPosted 9 hours ago
- 35 people killed in Easter weekend accidentsPosted 10 hours ago
- Dora and her team should leave MMD says Bowman LusamboPosted 1 day ago
- President Sata mourns Dennis LiwewePosted 1 day ago
- One child dies in bus accident on Ndola-Kapiri roadPosted 6 days ago
- Minister of Tourism and Arts Jean Kapata dissolves ZAWA BoardPosted 6 days ago
- Lusaka High Court throws out General Kanene’s application against convictionPosted 1 week ago
Maid murderer appears in court
- Updated: July 18, 2012
A 79-year-old man of foreign origin today appeared before a Lusaka magistrates’ court for allegedly killing his maid.
Before magistrate Exhilda Chanda was Arthur Stewart Francis, a retired farmer, charged with one count of murder contrary to Section 200 of the Penal Code.
The accused is alleged to have murdered Mary Simambwe on April 12, 2012.
The case has been adjourned to August 1, 2012 for mention awaiting to be committed to the High Court.
And the case in which a Lusaka Pastor is allegedly accused of confining his three year old child by tying the child failed to take off today.
The accused asked the court to give him one month in which he could contact his lawyer to represent him.
He further asked the court to read the indictment for him in order to understand the charge.
In response, magistrate Chanda said the lawyer he was talking about was not on the court records but said she could not give him one month but instead gave him two weeks in which he could contact his lawyer.
She told the accused that the indictment would be availed to him by his lawyer when he comes.
The matter has been adjourned to August 2 this year for trial.