- Proflight Zambia brings in 50-seat jubilee jet to celebrate independencePosted 21 hours ago
- GEMFIELDS Joint Venture Agreements Regarding Sri Lankan Sapphires and GemstonesPosted 22 hours ago
- ZAMSHU inspired to explore regional marketsPosted 22 hours ago
- 11 September By-Election Results Shows MMD Came 2nd says ChipunguPosted 23 hours ago
- Two drivers killed in Great North road accidentPosted 24 hours ago
- At least 44 dead in collapse of church building owned by TB Joshua official saysPosted 1 day ago
- Dangote categorically denies corruption & bribery claims made by Minister of LabourPosted 2 days ago
- Emirates to Launch Second Service to Dar es SalaamPosted 3 days ago
- Drivers licence card printing operations normalise says RTSAPosted 3 days ago
- Peter Matoka was great inspiration says Rupiah BandaPosted 3 days ago
Maid murderer appears in court
- Updated: July 18, 2012
A 79-year-old man of foreign origin today appeared before a Lusaka magistrates’ court for allegedly killing his maid.
Before magistrate Exhilda Chanda was Arthur Stewart Francis, a retired farmer, charged with one count of murder contrary to Section 200 of the Penal Code.
The accused is alleged to have murdered Mary Simambwe on April 12, 2012.
The case has been adjourned to August 1, 2012 for mention awaiting to be committed to the High Court.
And the case in which a Lusaka Pastor is allegedly accused of confining his three year old child by tying the child failed to take off today.
The accused asked the court to give him one month in which he could contact his lawyer to represent him.
He further asked the court to read the indictment for him in order to understand the charge.
In response, magistrate Chanda said the lawyer he was talking about was not on the court records but said she could not give him one month but instead gave him two weeks in which he could contact his lawyer.
She told the accused that the indictment would be availed to him by his lawyer when he comes.
The matter has been adjourned to August 2 this year for trial.