- Local Noodle Sales Hit 1.6 Million MilestonePosted 11 hours ago
- Zambia Army Officers against Salary DeductionsPosted 14 hours ago
- Nominations fees for August 11 elections are too high says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 18 hours ago
- Government cancels the registration Miles Sampa’s Democratic Front partyPosted 1 day ago
- Dotcom Zambia Breakfast club presents Dr Dennis MwansaPosted 2 days ago
- DEC arrests a Lusaka businessman for money laundering involving K87, 600Posted 2 days ago
- RTSA and State Police to continue working together in enforcing traffic lawsPosted 2 days ago
- The time has come to stand up for change, says Andyford Mayele BandaPosted 2 days ago
- Wimpy & Mike’s Kitchen Restaurants For Sale at Arcades Mall in LusakaPosted 2 days ago
- Zee World Celebrates its 1st AnniversaryPosted 3 days ago
Maid murderer appears in court
- Updated: July 18, 2012
A 79-year-old man of foreign origin today appeared before a Lusaka magistrates’ court for allegedly killing his maid.
Before magistrate Exhilda Chanda was Arthur Stewart Francis, a retired farmer, charged with one count of murder contrary to Section 200 of the Penal Code.
The accused is alleged to have murdered Mary Simambwe on April 12, 2012.
The case has been adjourned to August 1, 2012 for mention awaiting to be committed to the High Court.
And the case in which a Lusaka Pastor is allegedly accused of confining his three year old child by tying the child failed to take off today.
The accused asked the court to give him one month in which he could contact his lawyer to represent him.
He further asked the court to read the indictment for him in order to understand the charge.
In response, magistrate Chanda said the lawyer he was talking about was not on the court records but said she could not give him one month but instead gave him two weeks in which he could contact his lawyer.
She told the accused that the indictment would be availed to him by his lawyer when he comes.
The matter has been adjourned to August 2 this year for trial.