- Leadership is not about money says Chanda KabwePosted 10 hours ago
- Zambia Assents to Anti-Terrorism Amendment ActPosted 2 days ago
- MMD Die Hard Bowman Lusambo to meet Julius MalemaPosted 2 days ago
- Zambia remains vulnerable to developments in the global economy says Bank of ZambiaPosted 4 days ago
- Bus Tickets Zambia Introduces Free Shuttle Buses to Intercity TerminusPosted 4 days ago
- Wynter Kabimba had been a destabilizing figure says Sunday ChandaPosted 4 days ago
- Government is implementing tangible measures to support agriculture sector says Greyford MondePosted 4 days ago
- 1,028 people die from 16,000 RTAs this year alone says RTSAPosted 5 days ago
- Zambeef e18hteam football frenzy lands on Choma and LivingstonePosted 5 days ago
- Stanbic and PEP Zambia sign funding MoUPosted 5 days ago
Maid murderer appears in court
- Updated: July 18, 2012
A 79-year-old man of foreign origin today appeared before a Lusaka magistrates’ court for allegedly killing his maid.
Before magistrate Exhilda Chanda was Arthur Stewart Francis, a retired farmer, charged with one count of murder contrary to Section 200 of the Penal Code.
The accused is alleged to have murdered Mary Simambwe on April 12, 2012.
The case has been adjourned to August 1, 2012 for mention awaiting to be committed to the High Court.
And the case in which a Lusaka Pastor is allegedly accused of confining his three year old child by tying the child failed to take off today.
The accused asked the court to give him one month in which he could contact his lawyer to represent him.
He further asked the court to read the indictment for him in order to understand the charge.
In response, magistrate Chanda said the lawyer he was talking about was not on the court records but said she could not give him one month but instead gave him two weeks in which he could contact his lawyer.
She told the accused that the indictment would be availed to him by his lawyer when he comes.
The matter has been adjourned to August 2 this year for trial.