- Zesco United F.C shifts its remaining fixtures to Ndola Trade Fair groundsPosted 2 hours ago
- US Peace Corps Volunteer Jailed in ChipataPosted 2 hours ago
- Two Suspended Judges Again seek Court intervention to Block Judge Chikopa Tribunal SittingsPosted 5 hours ago
- New UNHCR Representative for Zambia Assumes OfficePosted 6 hours ago
- Explain The Removal of Subsidies on Maize and Fuel To Our People, Sata Tells MinistersPosted 7 hours ago
- Two Multi-Choice Zambia Staff Die In Chibombo AccidentPosted 11 hours ago
- Bishop describes dressing styles among Zambians as disgracefulPosted 11 hours ago
- Proflight Zambia Flies Orphaned Hippo To SafetyPosted 12 hours ago
- President Sata Reiterates Government’s Subsidies RemovalPosted 12 hours ago
- Nkana beat Nchanga to stay top of the MTN/FAZ Super League standingsPosted 2 days ago
Victory not easy – Esaa
- Updated: July 16, 2012
Zambia’s motor rally ace, Mohammed Essa says his victory in the Shell Pearl of Africa motor rally in Uganda, was not easy.
Essa says his team had to work very hard to secure a victory in the three day race that came to an end yesterday.
Essa said this in an interview with ZNBC news at the Kenneth Kaunda International Airport this afternoon, shortly after he arrived in the country from Uganda.
Essa on Sunday won the rally with a resounding three minutes one second lead, after dominating the race from start to finish.
The win has given the 23 year old a 55-point lead in the FIA African Rally Championship race having increased his season tally to 89 points against Rwandan Giancarlo Davite’s 34 points.
And Essa says he will not take part in the last two motor rallies on the motor rally calender because he will be crowned champion after taking part in the Kobil rally of Tanzania in Dar-es-Salaam next month.