- New mining act to Enhance Value addition, Employment says Minister YalumaPosted 56 mins ago
- No Zambian died in TB Joshua’s collapsed building says Harry KalabaPosted 1 hour ago
- 12,500 primary school pupils got pregnant in Zambia in 2013 says John PhiriPosted 1 hour ago
- Dangote welcomes Zambian Minister of Labour report to ACC on malicious bribery allegationsPosted 17 hours ago
- One KCM miner dies in accidentPosted 17 hours ago
- Crocodile attack a seven year old girl in Livingstone saddens ZAWAPosted 19 hours ago
- Gary Nkombo denies plotting against HHPosted 19 hours ago
- Male lion rescued from wire snare in Kafue National ParkPosted 19 hours ago
- Proflight Zambia brings in 50-seat jubilee jet to celebrate independencePosted 2 days ago
- GEMFIELDS Joint Venture Agreements Regarding Sri Lankan Sapphires and GemstonesPosted 2 days ago
Victory not easy – Esaa
- Updated: July 16, 2012
Zambia’s motor rally ace, Mohammed Essa says his victory in the Shell Pearl of Africa motor rally in Uganda, was not easy.
Essa says his team had to work very hard to secure a victory in the three day race that came to an end yesterday.
Essa said this in an interview with ZNBC news at the Kenneth Kaunda International Airport this afternoon, shortly after he arrived in the country from Uganda.
Essa on Sunday won the rally with a resounding three minutes one second lead, after dominating the race from start to finish.
The win has given the 23 year old a 55-point lead in the FIA African Rally Championship race having increased his season tally to 89 points against Rwandan Giancarlo Davite’s 34 points.
And Essa says he will not take part in the last two motor rallies on the motor rally calender because he will be crowned champion after taking part in the Kobil rally of Tanzania in Dar-es-Salaam next month.