- Judiciary employee arrested for corrupt practicesPosted 2 days ago
- ECZ to start printing of Presidential ballot papers in South AfricaPosted 2 days ago
- PF President Edgar Lungu meets with Paramount Chief ChiPosted 2 days ago
- A police officer who attempted to swallow K 500.00 bribe convicted of corruption in KabwePosted 2 days ago
- Rupiah Banda urges presidential candidates to put Zambia’s interests firstPosted 2 days ago
- MMD Rebel MPs Are Dishonest Says Nevers MumbaPosted 3 days ago
- Guy Scott apologies to Hakainde HichilemaPosted 3 days ago
- Edgar Lungu holds rally in KabwePosted 5 days ago
- Cosmo Mumba withdraws from presidential racePosted 5 days ago
- Nevers Mumba files in presidential nomination paperPosted 6 days ago
Victory not easy – Esaa
- Updated: July 16, 2012
Zambia’s motor rally ace, Mohammed Essa says his victory in the Shell Pearl of Africa motor rally in Uganda, was not easy.
Essa says his team had to work very hard to secure a victory in the three day race that came to an end yesterday.
Essa said this in an interview with ZNBC news at the Kenneth Kaunda International Airport this afternoon, shortly after he arrived in the country from Uganda.
Essa on Sunday won the rally with a resounding three minutes one second lead, after dominating the race from start to finish.
The win has given the 23 year old a 55-point lead in the FIA African Rally Championship race having increased his season tally to 89 points against Rwandan Giancarlo Davite’s 34 points.
And Essa says he will not take part in the last two motor rallies on the motor rally calender because he will be crowned champion after taking part in the Kobil rally of Tanzania in Dar-es-Salaam next month.