- Luapula Province Permanent Secretary Kasolo hails $200million road worksPosted 28 mins ago
- Nevers Mumba says MMD will bring a new style of politics in ZambiaPosted 45 mins ago
- Horny Bishop from holy fire ministries charged with indecent assaultPosted 1 hour ago
- Dr Mumba confers with Mwata, stresses the need to preserve culturePosted 2 days ago
- Lusaka Man attempts to commit suicide after using company money in a failed money multiplication dealPosted 4 days ago
- ZAMBEEF director urges graduates to become entrepreneursPosted 4 days ago
- Police officer shoots dead his wifePosted 5 days ago
- 12,657 candidates pass GCE examsPosted 5 days ago
- Grand Coalition expels Young African Leaders’ Initiative (YALI)Posted 5 days ago
- Horny Bishop from holy fire ministries arrested for allegedly having sex with nine young girls from his churchPosted 6 days ago
Victory not easy – Esaa
- Updated: July 16, 2012
Zambia’s motor rally ace, Mohammed Essa says his victory in the Shell Pearl of Africa motor rally in Uganda, was not easy.
Essa says his team had to work very hard to secure a victory in the three day race that came to an end yesterday.
Essa said this in an interview with ZNBC news at the Kenneth Kaunda International Airport this afternoon, shortly after he arrived in the country from Uganda.
Essa on Sunday won the rally with a resounding three minutes one second lead, after dominating the race from start to finish.
The win has given the 23 year old a 55-point lead in the FIA African Rally Championship race having increased his season tally to 89 points against Rwandan Giancarlo Davite’s 34 points.
And Essa says he will not take part in the last two motor rallies on the motor rally calender because he will be crowned champion after taking part in the Kobil rally of Tanzania in Dar-es-Salaam next month.