- One child dies in bus accident on Ndola-Kapiri roadPosted 3 days ago
- Minister of Tourism and Arts Jean Kapata dissolves ZAWA BoardPosted 3 days ago
- Lusaka High Court throws out General Kanene’s application against convictionPosted 4 days ago
- DEC in Eastern Province has arrests six peasant farmers in Chief Chinunda’s area for unlawful cultivation of fresh cannabis plantsPosted 4 days ago
- 22 year old female Israeli national arrested for trafficking in cannabisPosted 4 days ago
- Continent’s energy and water leaders join forces to discuss challenges and celebrate successes at annual African Utility Week in Cape Town in MayPosted 4 days ago
- Cost of living goes up says JCTRPosted 5 days ago
- Eight people die on the spot in a bus and truck head on collision in PembaPosted 5 days ago
- 9 months old baby dies in an inferno in Lusaka, police sayPosted 5 days ago
- Fastjet to introduce a third flight from Dar es Salaam to LusakaPosted 5 days ago
Victory not easy – Esaa
- Updated: July 16, 2012
Zambia’s motor rally ace, Mohammed Essa says his victory in the Shell Pearl of Africa motor rally in Uganda, was not easy.
Essa says his team had to work very hard to secure a victory in the three day race that came to an end yesterday.
Essa said this in an interview with ZNBC news at the Kenneth Kaunda International Airport this afternoon, shortly after he arrived in the country from Uganda.
Essa on Sunday won the rally with a resounding three minutes one second lead, after dominating the race from start to finish.
The win has given the 23 year old a 55-point lead in the FIA African Rally Championship race having increased his season tally to 89 points against Rwandan Giancarlo Davite’s 34 points.
And Essa says he will not take part in the last two motor rallies on the motor rally calender because he will be crowned champion after taking part in the Kobil rally of Tanzania in Dar-es-Salaam next month.