- Sichilongo assault case adjourned to September, 17th, 2014 for continued trialPosted 16 hours ago
- MTN Zambia says mobile banking is the key for the delivery of financial services in ZambiaPosted 16 hours ago
- Support government’s 2030 agenda, President Sata urges Zambians in diasporaPosted 16 hours ago
- Wynter Kabimba Free to Join UPND, says Cornelius MweetwaPosted 16 hours ago
- Chanda Mfula resigns as Media and Publicity Director of the Patriotic FrontPosted 3 days ago
- Kabimba hurt a lot of people says Davies ChamaPosted 3 days ago
- Dot Com Zambia Partners with Zoona to create a payment platform for online shoppingPosted 3 days ago
- State House counsels Brig. Gen. MiyandaPosted 3 days ago
- RTSA caution all road users against lawlessness during Kulamba and Likumbi Lya Mize traditional ceremoniesPosted 4 days ago
- Proflight halves its fares for kidsPosted 5 days ago
Victory not easy – Esaa
- Updated: July 16, 2012
Zambia’s motor rally ace, Mohammed Essa says his victory in the Shell Pearl of Africa motor rally in Uganda, was not easy.
Essa says his team had to work very hard to secure a victory in the three day race that came to an end yesterday.
Essa said this in an interview with ZNBC news at the Kenneth Kaunda International Airport this afternoon, shortly after he arrived in the country from Uganda.
Essa on Sunday won the rally with a resounding three minutes one second lead, after dominating the race from start to finish.
The win has given the 23 year old a 55-point lead in the FIA African Rally Championship race having increased his season tally to 89 points against Rwandan Giancarlo Davite’s 34 points.
And Essa says he will not take part in the last two motor rallies on the motor rally calender because he will be crowned champion after taking part in the Kobil rally of Tanzania in Dar-es-Salaam next month.