- TAZARA trains will no longer run across the national boundariesPosted 8 hours ago
- Proflight offers discounted fares for studentsPosted 12 hours ago
- Latest Vacancy: Business Development and Marketing Officer at Mwebantu New MediaPosted 13 hours ago
- Mangango polls openPosted 2 days ago
- Do not eat game meat from unauthorised vendors, ZAWA warns publicPosted 2 days ago
- 16 year old boy attempts to rape 82 year old woman in MbalaPosted 2 days ago
- Kalabo court sentences woman to six months imprisonment for unlawful possession of bush meatPosted 4 days ago
- Zambia and Argentina embark on strengthening cooperationPosted 4 days ago
- Chipolopolo regroups for Sudan encounterPosted 4 days ago
- Former Mozambique President Chisano expected in ZambiaPosted 4 days ago
Victory not easy – Esaa
- Updated: July 16, 2012
Zambia’s motor rally ace, Mohammed Essa says his victory in the Shell Pearl of Africa motor rally in Uganda, was not easy.
Essa says his team had to work very hard to secure a victory in the three day race that came to an end yesterday.
Essa said this in an interview with ZNBC news at the Kenneth Kaunda International Airport this afternoon, shortly after he arrived in the country from Uganda.
Essa on Sunday won the rally with a resounding three minutes one second lead, after dominating the race from start to finish.
The win has given the 23 year old a 55-point lead in the FIA African Rally Championship race having increased his season tally to 89 points against Rwandan Giancarlo Davite’s 34 points.
And Essa says he will not take part in the last two motor rallies on the motor rally calender because he will be crowned champion after taking part in the Kobil rally of Tanzania in Dar-es-Salaam next month.