- Nkana beat Nchanga to stay top of the MTN/FAZ Super League standingsPosted 17 hours ago
- Police Release Arrested UNZA StudentsPosted 21 hours ago
- Petersen offers solidarity to Arrested University StudentsPosted 21 hours ago
- Sata is a Dictator, Liar and his government is a failed Project, Says HHPosted 22 hours ago
- NAREP Regrets Removal of SubsidiesPosted 23 hours ago
- COSAFA adds Kitwe as venue for Cosafa Cup 2013, withdraws KabwePosted 23 hours ago
- K 11 billion was spent for Lukulu and Kapiri By-Elections, Feira will gobble 7.7 billion, Says ECZPosted 1 day ago
- CDDR Denounces Mass Arrests of Civil Society Members and Students in ZambiaPosted 2 days ago
- Commodity Prices Shoot up in ChipataPosted 2 days ago
- President Sata assigns Prof Luo, GBM to settle ‘ heat’ with BashilubembaPosted 2 days ago
Victory not easy – Esaa
- Updated: July 16, 2012
Zambia’s motor rally ace, Mohammed Essa says his victory in the Shell Pearl of Africa motor rally in Uganda, was not easy.
Essa says his team had to work very hard to secure a victory in the three day race that came to an end yesterday.
Essa said this in an interview with ZNBC news at the Kenneth Kaunda International Airport this afternoon, shortly after he arrived in the country from Uganda.
Essa on Sunday won the rally with a resounding three minutes one second lead, after dominating the race from start to finish.
The win has given the 23 year old a 55-point lead in the FIA African Rally Championship race having increased his season tally to 89 points against Rwandan Giancarlo Davite’s 34 points.
And Essa says he will not take part in the last two motor rallies on the motor rally calender because he will be crowned champion after taking part in the Kobil rally of Tanzania in Dar-es-Salaam next month.