- Proflight Zambia Premieres Latest Fly5 Music VideoPosted 2 days ago
- Hakainde Hichilema describes Xenophobic Attacks in South Africa as unfortunatePosted 2 days ago
- Chikwanda in Washington DC for the 2015 IMF/ World Bank Spring MeetingsPosted 2 days ago
- YALI urges government to consider evacuating Zambians from South AfricaPosted 2 days ago
- President Lungu calls President Mugabe over Xenophobic attacks in South AfricaPosted 2 days ago
- Zambia Police cancels “Black Friday Protest”Posted 2 days ago
- Chingola Pastor arrested for allegedly murdering his eight-month pregnant wifePosted 2 days ago
- Vice President Inonge Wina to visit Agritech Expo in Chisamba on FridayPosted 3 days ago
- Swedish Students Hail Zambia as a Land of Peace, Security and Democracy In AfricaPosted 3 days ago
- The 2015 National Budget is a Disaster Claims ZCSDPosted 3 days ago
Victory not easy – Esaa
- Updated: July 16, 2012
Zambia’s motor rally ace, Mohammed Essa says his victory in the Shell Pearl of Africa motor rally in Uganda, was not easy.
Essa says his team had to work very hard to secure a victory in the three day race that came to an end yesterday.
Essa said this in an interview with ZNBC news at the Kenneth Kaunda International Airport this afternoon, shortly after he arrived in the country from Uganda.
Essa on Sunday won the rally with a resounding three minutes one second lead, after dominating the race from start to finish.
The win has given the 23 year old a 55-point lead in the FIA African Rally Championship race having increased his season tally to 89 points against Rwandan Giancarlo Davite’s 34 points.
And Essa says he will not take part in the last two motor rallies on the motor rally calender because he will be crowned champion after taking part in the Kobil rally of Tanzania in Dar-es-Salaam next month.