- President Lungu’s directive to search HH will dent Zambia’s image says YALIPosted 5 hours ago
- Inonge Wina expected to travel to the United States of America and Japan for bilateral meetingsPosted 5 hours ago
- Zambian Woman, 35, arrested in Pakistan with 17 cocaine capsules concealed in rectumPosted 6 hours ago
- 6 Chinese nationals fined K 48,000Posted 6 hours ago
- Bus Project named as the 2015 New Venture WinnerPosted 8 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu Appoints Lucky Mulusa as his aidePosted 10 hours ago
- Kalabo records 30 cases of unsafe abortions involving school girls every monthPosted 11 hours ago
- Police raid Hakainde Hichilema’s housePosted 12 hours ago
- Bivan Saluseki confirms being fired by the Post NewspaperPosted 12 hours ago
- Sylvia Masebo ExpelledPosted 12 hours ago
Victory not easy – Esaa
- Updated: July 16, 2012
Zambia’s motor rally ace, Mohammed Essa says his victory in the Shell Pearl of Africa motor rally in Uganda, was not easy.
Essa says his team had to work very hard to secure a victory in the three day race that came to an end yesterday.
Essa said this in an interview with ZNBC news at the Kenneth Kaunda International Airport this afternoon, shortly after he arrived in the country from Uganda.
Essa on Sunday won the rally with a resounding three minutes one second lead, after dominating the race from start to finish.
The win has given the 23 year old a 55-point lead in the FIA African Rally Championship race having increased his season tally to 89 points against Rwandan Giancarlo Davite’s 34 points.
And Essa says he will not take part in the last two motor rallies on the motor rally calender because he will be crowned champion after taking part in the Kobil rally of Tanzania in Dar-es-Salaam next month.