- Justina Mutale foundation launches Scholarships for underprivileged young Zambian womenPosted 22 hours ago
- UPND commends Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ)Posted 23 hours ago
- Evans reveals new Top Gear Friend on BBC BritPosted 23 hours ago
- Fund Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ) says YALIPosted 23 hours ago
- Local Noodle Sales Hit 1.6 Million MilestonePosted 4 days ago
- Zambia Army Officers against Salary DeductionsPosted 4 days ago
- Nominations fees for August 11 elections are too high says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 4 days ago
- Government cancels the registration Miles Sampa’s Democratic Front partyPosted 5 days ago
- Dotcom Zambia Breakfast club presents Dr Dennis MwansaPosted 5 days ago
- DEC arrests a Lusaka businessman for money laundering involving K87, 600Posted 5 days ago
Victory not easy – Esaa
- Updated: July 16, 2012
Zambia’s motor rally ace, Mohammed Essa says his victory in the Shell Pearl of Africa motor rally in Uganda, was not easy.
Essa says his team had to work very hard to secure a victory in the three day race that came to an end yesterday.
Essa said this in an interview with ZNBC news at the Kenneth Kaunda International Airport this afternoon, shortly after he arrived in the country from Uganda.
Essa on Sunday won the rally with a resounding three minutes one second lead, after dominating the race from start to finish.
The win has given the 23 year old a 55-point lead in the FIA African Rally Championship race having increased his season tally to 89 points against Rwandan Giancarlo Davite’s 34 points.
And Essa says he will not take part in the last two motor rallies on the motor rally calender because he will be crowned champion after taking part in the Kobil rally of Tanzania in Dar-es-Salaam next month.