- DEC arrests Somali national for trafficking in 33 bundles of MiraaPosted 26 mins ago
- Zambia Police Service suspends the parking of motor vehicles at police stationsPosted 34 mins ago
- ZANACO Announces K 143 Million ProfitPosted 18 hours ago
- Livingstone Vet Officer Convicted for Abuse of Authority of OfficePosted 19 hours ago
- Paddy Mukando:The Shy Opera Star, DJ and TV Commercial ActorPosted 1 day ago
- Ambassador Mulonda confers with United States Ambassador to Zambia in WashingtonPosted 1 day ago
- Lusaka, Maputo explore areas of cooperationPosted 1 day ago
- ZAMBEEF’S K50,000 Draw Hits MutenderePosted 2 days ago
- ZESCO awards contract for Lusaka power line upgrade worth USD200 million to AureconPosted 2 days ago
- Former President Rupiah Banda loses brother in-lawPosted 2 days ago
Victory not easy – Esaa
- Updated: July 16, 2012
Zambia’s motor rally ace, Mohammed Essa says his victory in the Shell Pearl of Africa motor rally in Uganda, was not easy.
Essa says his team had to work very hard to secure a victory in the three day race that came to an end yesterday.
Essa said this in an interview with ZNBC news at the Kenneth Kaunda International Airport this afternoon, shortly after he arrived in the country from Uganda.
Essa on Sunday won the rally with a resounding three minutes one second lead, after dominating the race from start to finish.
The win has given the 23 year old a 55-point lead in the FIA African Rally Championship race having increased his season tally to 89 points against Rwandan Giancarlo Davite’s 34 points.
And Essa says he will not take part in the last two motor rallies on the motor rally calender because he will be crowned champion after taking part in the Kobil rally of Tanzania in Dar-es-Salaam next month.