- President Lungu to hold a press conference at State HousePosted 4 hours ago
- Chisenga Muyoya becomes first Zambian to win JCI AwardPosted 10 hours ago
- Taxi driver sentenced to 25 years imprisonment for stabbing a woman with a screw driverPosted 11 hours ago
- Child marriage is a violation of a child’s rights, says Vincent MwalePosted 12 hours ago
- 11 people arrested in three provinces for trafficking in over 1.9 tonnes of cannabisPosted 12 hours ago
- Chipimo Pulls Out of 2016 Presidential RacePosted 12 hours ago
- Wezi coming of AgePosted 1 day ago
- Four -year-old, Ndola girl hit by car dies from injuriesPosted 1 day ago
- Kariba Bush Club has limited space for December, prices quoted in KwachaPosted 1 day ago
- Dot Com Zambia to sponsor the launch of The Business Breakfast ClubPosted 1 day ago
Victory not easy – Esaa
- Updated: July 16, 2012
Zambia’s motor rally ace, Mohammed Essa says his victory in the Shell Pearl of Africa motor rally in Uganda, was not easy.
Essa says his team had to work very hard to secure a victory in the three day race that came to an end yesterday.
Essa said this in an interview with ZNBC news at the Kenneth Kaunda International Airport this afternoon, shortly after he arrived in the country from Uganda.
Essa on Sunday won the rally with a resounding three minutes one second lead, after dominating the race from start to finish.
The win has given the 23 year old a 55-point lead in the FIA African Rally Championship race having increased his season tally to 89 points against Rwandan Giancarlo Davite’s 34 points.
And Essa says he will not take part in the last two motor rallies on the motor rally calender because he will be crowned champion after taking part in the Kobil rally of Tanzania in Dar-es-Salaam next month.