- Lusaka businessman arrested for trafficking in cocainePosted 20 hours ago
- Luangwa bus accident report outPosted 21 hours ago
- Sata is Nairobi Bound, says Mumbi PhiriPosted 21 hours ago
- Emulate Nelson Mandela, Sata urges Zambian youthsPosted 23 hours ago
- President Sata declares Seven- day national mourning for MandelaPosted 23 hours ago
- Zambeef impresses COMESAPosted 3 days ago
- Rupiah Bwezani Banda mourns MandelaPosted 3 days ago
- Four motorists cheat death in LusakaPosted 3 days ago
- Court officers arrested for stealing drugsPosted 3 days ago
- Sata joins other Heads of State in mourning MandelaPosted 3 days ago
Victory not easy – Esaa
- Updated: July 16, 2012
Zambia’s motor rally ace, Mohammed Essa says his victory in the Shell Pearl of Africa motor rally in Uganda, was not easy.
Essa says his team had to work very hard to secure a victory in the three day race that came to an end yesterday.
Essa said this in an interview with ZNBC news at the Kenneth Kaunda International Airport this afternoon, shortly after he arrived in the country from Uganda.
Essa on Sunday won the rally with a resounding three minutes one second lead, after dominating the race from start to finish.
The win has given the 23 year old a 55-point lead in the FIA African Rally Championship race having increased his season tally to 89 points against Rwandan Giancarlo Davite’s 34 points.
And Essa says he will not take part in the last two motor rallies on the motor rally calender because he will be crowned champion after taking part in the Kobil rally of Tanzania in Dar-es-Salaam next month.