- Zambia remains vulnerable to developments in the global economy says Bank of ZambiaPosted 10 hours ago
- Bus Tickets Zambia Introduces Free Shuttle Buses to Intercity TerminusPosted 11 hours ago
- Wynter Kabimba had been a destabilizing figure says Sunday ChandaPosted 11 hours ago
- Government is implementing tangible measures to support agriculture sector says Greyford MondePosted 12 hours ago
- 1,028 people die from 16,000 RTAs this year alone says RTSAPosted 1 day ago
- Zambeef e18hteam football frenzy lands on Choma and LivingstonePosted 1 day ago
- Stanbic and PEP Zambia sign funding MoUPosted 1 day ago
- Rupiah Banda was a shameless “Sangwapo” President claims Copperbelt MMDPosted 2 days ago
- Before you judge me, first judge yourself says DambisaPosted 2 days ago
- Government will waste $1 billion dollars on Zamtel says Nevers MumbaPosted 2 days ago
Victory not easy – Esaa
- Updated: July 16, 2012
Zambia’s motor rally ace, Mohammed Essa says his victory in the Shell Pearl of Africa motor rally in Uganda, was not easy.
Essa says his team had to work very hard to secure a victory in the three day race that came to an end yesterday.
Essa said this in an interview with ZNBC news at the Kenneth Kaunda International Airport this afternoon, shortly after he arrived in the country from Uganda.
Essa on Sunday won the rally with a resounding three minutes one second lead, after dominating the race from start to finish.
The win has given the 23 year old a 55-point lead in the FIA African Rally Championship race having increased his season tally to 89 points against Rwandan Giancarlo Davite’s 34 points.
And Essa says he will not take part in the last two motor rallies on the motor rally calender because he will be crowned champion after taking part in the Kobil rally of Tanzania in Dar-es-Salaam next month.