- Kasama High Court Instructs RTSA to suspend licences of five driversPosted 12 hours ago
- Five Zambian MPs in South Africa for the Fourth Pan-African Parliament (PAP)Posted 14 hours ago
- WfC welcomes appointment of Mrs Wina as National planning MinisterPosted 1 day ago
- Multichoice Zambia announces new DSTV & GOTV pricesPosted 1 day ago
- Government meets with mining companies to prevent job losses in the sectorPosted 1 day ago
- APPCON Inspires Southern African ParliamentariansPosted 2 days ago
- MTN launches WhatsApp based Customer ServicePosted 2 days ago
- Fuel Tanker Blaze Sparks Call for ActionPosted 2 days ago
- DEC arrests two accountants who stole K350,000 cashPosted 3 days ago
- President Lungu Names New MinistersPosted 3 days ago
Victory not easy – Esaa
- Updated: July 16, 2012
Zambia’s motor rally ace, Mohammed Essa says his victory in the Shell Pearl of Africa motor rally in Uganda, was not easy.
Essa says his team had to work very hard to secure a victory in the three day race that came to an end yesterday.
Essa said this in an interview with ZNBC news at the Kenneth Kaunda International Airport this afternoon, shortly after he arrived in the country from Uganda.
Essa on Sunday won the rally with a resounding three minutes one second lead, after dominating the race from start to finish.
The win has given the 23 year old a 55-point lead in the FIA African Rally Championship race having increased his season tally to 89 points against Rwandan Giancarlo Davite’s 34 points.
And Essa says he will not take part in the last two motor rallies on the motor rally calender because he will be crowned champion after taking part in the Kobil rally of Tanzania in Dar-es-Salaam next month.