- President Lungu is failing to give the PF any identity alleges Chilufya TayaliPosted 2 hours ago
- Hakainde Hichilema opposes the lifting of the ban on the hunting of leopards and lionsPosted 3 hours ago
- KK Releases Zambia from all Curses, Pronounces BlessingsPosted 4 hours ago
- British national fined K10, 000 for unlawful stayPosted 4 days ago
- PF wants constitution that suits them only charges UPNDPosted 4 days ago
- PF government is abusing its workforce says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 4 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu Appoints Inonge Wina as PF Vice PresidentPosted 5 days ago
- Oasis Forum rejects enactment of the new constitution in a piecemeal mannerPosted 5 days ago
- DNA Equipment Commissioned by GovernmentPosted 5 days ago
- ZAWA nabs Three for Illegal possession of game meatPosted 5 days ago
Victory not easy – Esaa
- Updated: July 16, 2012
Zambia’s motor rally ace, Mohammed Essa says his victory in the Shell Pearl of Africa motor rally in Uganda, was not easy.
Essa says his team had to work very hard to secure a victory in the three day race that came to an end yesterday.
Essa said this in an interview with ZNBC news at the Kenneth Kaunda International Airport this afternoon, shortly after he arrived in the country from Uganda.
Essa on Sunday won the rally with a resounding three minutes one second lead, after dominating the race from start to finish.
The win has given the 23 year old a 55-point lead in the FIA African Rally Championship race having increased his season tally to 89 points against Rwandan Giancarlo Davite’s 34 points.
And Essa says he will not take part in the last two motor rallies on the motor rally calender because he will be crowned champion after taking part in the Kobil rally of Tanzania in Dar-es-Salaam next month.