- United States congratulates Zambia for upholding democracyPosted 21 hours ago
- More work needs to be done for Southerners to feel part of Zambia says Dora SiliyaPosted 24 hours ago
- Konkola Copper Mines (KCM) Plc sponsors 15 students to study in South AfricaPosted 1 day ago
- Inonge Wina Appointment as Vice President of Zambia Elates NGOCCPosted 1 day ago
- President Edgar Lungu appoints the most balanced cabinet line ups in recent timesPosted 1 day ago
- Edgar Lungu appoints Inonge Wina as Zambia’s First Female Vice-PresidentPosted 1 day ago
- Hakainde Hichilema claims 2015 Presidential election has been stolen from himPosted 3 days ago
- Hakainde Hichilema closes In, but Edgar Lungu is still in the leadPosted 5 days ago
- Edgar Lungu still leading in Zambia Presidential ElectionPosted 5 days ago
- ECZ Suspends Release of Updated Results in the Zambia Presidential ElectionPosted 6 days ago
Victory not easy – Esaa
- Updated: July 16, 2012
Zambia’s motor rally ace, Mohammed Essa says his victory in the Shell Pearl of Africa motor rally in Uganda, was not easy.
Essa says his team had to work very hard to secure a victory in the three day race that came to an end yesterday.
Essa said this in an interview with ZNBC news at the Kenneth Kaunda International Airport this afternoon, shortly after he arrived in the country from Uganda.
Essa on Sunday won the rally with a resounding three minutes one second lead, after dominating the race from start to finish.
The win has given the 23 year old a 55-point lead in the FIA African Rally Championship race having increased his season tally to 89 points against Rwandan Giancarlo Davite’s 34 points.
And Essa says he will not take part in the last two motor rallies on the motor rally calender because he will be crowned champion after taking part in the Kobil rally of Tanzania in Dar-es-Salaam next month.