- One child dies in bus accident on Ndola-Kapiri roadPosted 22 hours ago
- Minister of Tourism and Arts Jean Kapata dissolves ZAWA BoardPosted 22 hours ago
- Lusaka High Court throws out General Kanene’s application against convictionPosted 2 days ago
- DEC in Eastern Province has arrests six peasant farmers in Chief Chinunda’s area for unlawful cultivation of fresh cannabis plantsPosted 2 days ago
- 22 year old female Israeli national arrested for trafficking in cannabisPosted 2 days ago
- Continent’s energy and water leaders join forces to discuss challenges and celebrate successes at annual African Utility Week in Cape Town in MayPosted 2 days ago
- Cost of living goes up says JCTRPosted 3 days ago
- Eight people die on the spot in a bus and truck head on collision in PembaPosted 3 days ago
- 9 months old baby dies in an inferno in Lusaka, police sayPosted 3 days ago
- Fastjet to introduce a third flight from Dar es Salaam to LusakaPosted 3 days ago
Mayuka scores for Young Boys
- Updated: July 16, 2012
The Swiss league has opened with the 2012 AFCON golden boot award winner Emmanuel Mayuka making his intentions for the season clear as he fired his team Young Boys to a 1 all draw away to Saint. Gallen
Mayuka who was rumored to be a target of many big clubs in this transfer window opened the scores in the 21st minute when he curled in a shot from outside the 18 yard box.
St. Gallen responded in the 56th minute when they took advantage of defensive lapses in Young Boys defence to salvage a point for the home team.
Mayuka played 90 minutes of the game.
Elsewhere, Chipolopolo captain Christopher Katongo and Isaac Chansa were on the losing side yesterday when Henan Jianye lost by 2 goals to nil away to Shanghai Shenxn.
Henan Jianye who are rock bottom on 15 points have not won in 5 games.
Both Isaac Chansa and Christopher Katongo played 90 minutes.