- K 11 billion was spent for Lukulu and Kapiri By-Elections, Feira will gobble 7.7 billion, Says ECZPosted 4 hours ago
- CDDR Denounces Mass Arrests of Civil Society Members and Students in ZambiaPosted 17 hours ago
- Commodity Prices Shoot up in ChipataPosted 17 hours ago
- President Sata assigns Prof Luo, GBM to settle ‘ heat’ with BashilubembaPosted 18 hours ago
- DEC Arrests Female American Peace Corps For Trafficking in CannabisPosted 1 day ago
- Thieves Blow up Finance Bank Serenje Branch Cash VaultPosted 1 day ago
- Honduran President Porfirio Lobo Sosa Pledges to enhance bilateral relations with ZambiaPosted 1 day ago
- Sata Fires Ben PhiriPosted 2 days ago
- Rebased Kwacha continues trading under pressure, Says ZanacoPosted 2 days ago
- Parley Opens on 18th June, 2013Posted 2 days ago
Zanaco short change Zesco
- Updated: July 14, 2012
Zanaco maintained top spot after beating their Copperbelt rivals’ Zesco 2-1 at sunset stadium in Lusaka. Keagan Mumba’s sides struggled in the first half against Zesco who took an 8th minute lead through Jackson Mwanza.
Zanaco leveled against the run of play in the 43rd minute through Lewis Macha who headed in a Moses Phiri cross. There was drama in a space of two minutes with just ten minutes played in the second half when Mwanza saw his effort ruled for offside. A minute later Phiri hot the upright on the counterattack for Zanaco.
Zanaco make no mistake three minutes later when midfielder Henry Banda swept in a free kick giving Jacob Banda no chance.
The Bankers have now opened up a four-point gap at the top of the table on 36 points from 16 games, while Zesco stay second on 32 points.
Faz Super Division Week 16
Konkola Blades 2-Konkola Mine Police 2
Nchanga Rangers 3-National Assembly 1
Green Buffaloes 1-Roan United 1
Power Dynamos 0- Green Eagles 0
Nakambala Leopards 1-Nkana 1
Forest Rangers 0- Red Arrows 0
Zanaco 2- Zesco United 1
Indeni 2-Napsa Stars 1
|10||•||Konkola Mine Police||16||4||6||6||15||-5||18|
(Source: Lusaka Times)