- Lusaka businessman arrested for trafficking in cocainePosted 9 hours ago
- Luangwa bus accident report outPosted 9 hours ago
- Sata is Nairobi Bound, says Mumbi PhiriPosted 10 hours ago
- Emulate Nelson Mandela, Sata urges Zambian youthsPosted 11 hours ago
- President Sata declares Seven- day national mourning for MandelaPosted 12 hours ago
- Zambeef impresses COMESAPosted 2 days ago
- Rupiah Bwezani Banda mourns MandelaPosted 2 days ago
- Four motorists cheat death in LusakaPosted 2 days ago
- Court officers arrested for stealing drugsPosted 2 days ago
- Sata joins other Heads of State in mourning MandelaPosted 2 days ago
Zambia Flying Doctor Services to be revamped says Kasonde
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Health Minister Joseph Kasonde has disclosed that his ministry will soon revamp the Flying Doctor Services in order to reach out to Zambians in need of medical attention in secluded areas.
Dr Kasonde said his ministry will soon redevelop and rerun the Flying Doctor Services so that people in distant areas with urgent medical problems can have proper access to medical services.
ZANIS reports that Dr Kasonde said this when he paid a courtesy call on Kitwe District Commissioner Elias Kamanga at his office in Kitwe.
The Minister stated that he intends to appoint a new board in charge of the service which shall start working before the end of the year.
He added that a sustainable strategy is needed in order for the Flying Doctor Service to run smoothly and has directed technocrats from the Ministry of Health and donors to come up with valuable ways in which
the ministry would operate the service when it commences.
Dr Kasonde appealed to donors to come on board and supplement the efforts of government in redeveloping the service for it to benefit every Zambian.
And Kitwe District Commissioner Elias Kamanga has appealed to the Minister to gazette the Mini Ndeke hospital in Ndeke Township to help decongest Kitwe Central Hospital.
Mr Kamanga said gazetting of the Mini Ndeke Hospital would help residents of Ndeke access medical attention at a close range and not travel long distances.
He added that as an administration they are pleased with the notable development of medical facilities in the district-ZANIS