- The Rotaract Club of Lusaka Presents: The Annual Anti-Valentines GigPosted 12 hours ago
- Teenage girl commits suicide after getting pregnantPosted 14 hours ago
- Those calling for an MMD convention are being insincere, says Nevers MumbaPosted 15 hours ago
- Zambia is not broke says Christopher MvungaPosted 15 hours ago
- Kabwata flats come alive with HuaweiPosted 15 hours ago
- Ghana and Zimbabwe students scoop top honours at DStv Eutelsat Star AwardsPosted 15 hours ago
- Young Woman Raped and Killed in MufuliraPosted 2 days ago
- Kasama resident wins K25,000 in SMS LotteryPosted 2 days ago
- PAC to work with banks to empower women, Says Rosaline ChipashaPosted 2 days ago
- Minnie Dlamini, IK, Announced as Hosts for 2016 AMVCAsPosted 2 days ago
Tourism, arts have potential to grow says Masebo
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Government says the tourism and arts industry has the potential to significantly contribute to the economic growth of the country.
Minister of Tourism and Arts Sylvia Masebo says a lot can be achieved if stakeholders join hands with government by diversifying their activities using the natural resources Zambia is endowed with.
Ms. Masebo says if the sector is well managed, it can expand and create more jobs for the locals and that the nation can benefit a lot from the contribution of Artists.
ZANIS reports that the minister was speaking in Lusaka when she officiated at the celebrations for Artists which was organized by the Zambia Association of Musicians (ZAM) in solidarity with President Michael Sata who re-aligned the Ministry of Tourism to include the Art aspect.
Ms. Masebo said the re-alignment shows President Sata’s love and passion for the artists in the country. The event attracted musicians, actors, comedians, painters and designers among others.
And ZAM president Maiko Zulu said the onus remains to artists to work with the government of the day in developing a fully-fledged and self-sustaining art industry.
Mr. Zulu, a renowned Zambian musician welcomed the re-alignment saying government and other stakeholders would now appreciate the contribution of artists in the development process of the country-ZANIS