- Zambia assents to agreements to secure elephantsPosted 2 days ago
- Lusaka man defiles and strangles two year old daughterPosted 2 days ago
- Parliament mourns Dr ChikusuPosted 2 days ago
- Police officer dies in hijacked car accidentPosted 2 days ago
- Government Strikes as over 100 nurses fired at UTHPosted 2 days ago
- Pope appoints Fr Chisanga as Mansa BishopPosted 4 days ago
- Zambia beats BurundiPosted 4 days ago
- Rupiah Banda calls for unity among MMD membersPosted 5 days ago
- Elephants Killed by Toxic substances Reveal Alarming Innovation in Poaching, says ZAWAPosted 5 days ago
- Government mourns Luangwa Bridge accident victimsPosted 5 days ago
Tourism, arts have potential to grow says Masebo
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Government says the tourism and arts industry has the potential to significantly contribute to the economic growth of the country.
Minister of Tourism and Arts Sylvia Masebo says a lot can be achieved if stakeholders join hands with government by diversifying their activities using the natural resources Zambia is endowed with.
Ms. Masebo says if the sector is well managed, it can expand and create more jobs for the locals and that the nation can benefit a lot from the contribution of Artists.
ZANIS reports that the minister was speaking in Lusaka when she officiated at the celebrations for Artists which was organized by the Zambia Association of Musicians (ZAM) in solidarity with President Michael Sata who re-aligned the Ministry of Tourism to include the Art aspect.
Ms. Masebo said the re-alignment shows President Sata’s love and passion for the artists in the country. The event attracted musicians, actors, comedians, painters and designers among others.
And ZAM president Maiko Zulu said the onus remains to artists to work with the government of the day in developing a fully-fledged and self-sustaining art industry.
Mr. Zulu, a renowned Zambian musician welcomed the re-alignment saying government and other stakeholders would now appreciate the contribution of artists in the development process of the country-ZANIS