- FAZ slashes World Cup Qualifiers’ Gate ChargesPosted 3 hours ago
- We are Returning To UNIP Dictatorship, Says NAREPPosted 3 hours ago
- New NRCs coming in JunePosted 3 hours ago
- Sata Hands over 1,000 Higer busesPosted 3 hours ago
- Sata Confers State Counsel Status On John Sangwa and names Charles Banda High CommissionerPosted 4 hours ago
- Who Benefits From The Removal of Subsidies?Posted 4 hours ago
- Ten people injured in mini bus accidentPosted 4 hours ago
- Mulungushi University students boycotts examinations, demand government addressPosted 4 hours ago
- American Ambassador, Mark Storella Supports Subsidies RemovalsPosted 23 hours ago
- NAREP names Feira candidatePosted 23 hours ago
Tourism, arts have potential to grow says Masebo
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Government says the tourism and arts industry has the potential to significantly contribute to the economic growth of the country.
Minister of Tourism and Arts Sylvia Masebo says a lot can be achieved if stakeholders join hands with government by diversifying their activities using the natural resources Zambia is endowed with.
Ms. Masebo says if the sector is well managed, it can expand and create more jobs for the locals and that the nation can benefit a lot from the contribution of Artists.
ZANIS reports that the minister was speaking in Lusaka when she officiated at the celebrations for Artists which was organized by the Zambia Association of Musicians (ZAM) in solidarity with President Michael Sata who re-aligned the Ministry of Tourism to include the Art aspect.
Ms. Masebo said the re-alignment shows President Sata’s love and passion for the artists in the country. The event attracted musicians, actors, comedians, painters and designers among others.
And ZAM president Maiko Zulu said the onus remains to artists to work with the government of the day in developing a fully-fledged and self-sustaining art industry.
Mr. Zulu, a renowned Zambian musician welcomed the re-alignment saying government and other stakeholders would now appreciate the contribution of artists in the development process of the country-ZANIS