- Banks must provide safe and secure transactions for businesses says Paul RichardsPosted 1 day ago
- Steven Masumba sentenced to 12 months imprisonmentPosted 1 day ago
- ZAMBEEF bosses, Francis Grogan and Carl Irwin renew partnershipPosted 1 day ago
- Leaders should be listening to artistes says Rupiah BandaPosted 2 days ago
- President Sata arrives back home from New YorkPosted 2 days ago
- President Sata leaves New York amid reports of ill healthPosted 3 days ago
- Police in Lusaka arrest Bishop for aggravated robberyPosted 4 days ago
- Latest Vacancy:Programme Officer-Infrastructure Development (Transport / Energy) at JICA ZambiaPosted 4 days ago
- My Father is well says Mulenga SataPosted 4 days ago
- President Sata’s health is normal, Vice President Guy Scot tells ParliamentPosted 4 days ago
Tourism, arts have potential to grow says Masebo
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Government says the tourism and arts industry has the potential to significantly contribute to the economic growth of the country.
Minister of Tourism and Arts Sylvia Masebo says a lot can be achieved if stakeholders join hands with government by diversifying their activities using the natural resources Zambia is endowed with.
Ms. Masebo says if the sector is well managed, it can expand and create more jobs for the locals and that the nation can benefit a lot from the contribution of Artists.
ZANIS reports that the minister was speaking in Lusaka when she officiated at the celebrations for Artists which was organized by the Zambia Association of Musicians (ZAM) in solidarity with President Michael Sata who re-aligned the Ministry of Tourism to include the Art aspect.
Ms. Masebo said the re-alignment shows President Sata’s love and passion for the artists in the country. The event attracted musicians, actors, comedians, painters and designers among others.
And ZAM president Maiko Zulu said the onus remains to artists to work with the government of the day in developing a fully-fledged and self-sustaining art industry.
Mr. Zulu, a renowned Zambian musician welcomed the re-alignment saying government and other stakeholders would now appreciate the contribution of artists in the development process of the country-ZANIS