- Livingstone town clerk arrestedPosted 13 hours ago
- Girl 7, defiled by boy aged 12 in Muchinga ProvincePosted 13 hours ago
- Sichilongo set freePosted 14 hours ago
- President Michael Sata arrives in New YorkPosted 2 days ago
- Kaputa road accident claims four livesPosted 3 days ago
- Chinese investment in Zambia hits over US$2bn says EnvoyPosted 3 days ago
- President Sata expected in New York for UN AssemblyPosted 3 days ago
- Dedication earns 22 year old Zambian commercial pilot licencePosted 3 days ago
- Reaction To The Opening Of Parliament by MMD President Nevers MumbaPosted 3 days ago
- Speech for President Sata at the opening of the fourth session of the eleventh National AssemblyPosted 4 days ago
Tourism, arts have potential to grow says Masebo
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Government says the tourism and arts industry has the potential to significantly contribute to the economic growth of the country.
Minister of Tourism and Arts Sylvia Masebo says a lot can be achieved if stakeholders join hands with government by diversifying their activities using the natural resources Zambia is endowed with.
Ms. Masebo says if the sector is well managed, it can expand and create more jobs for the locals and that the nation can benefit a lot from the contribution of Artists.
ZANIS reports that the minister was speaking in Lusaka when she officiated at the celebrations for Artists which was organized by the Zambia Association of Musicians (ZAM) in solidarity with President Michael Sata who re-aligned the Ministry of Tourism to include the Art aspect.
Ms. Masebo said the re-alignment shows President Sata’s love and passion for the artists in the country. The event attracted musicians, actors, comedians, painters and designers among others.
And ZAM president Maiko Zulu said the onus remains to artists to work with the government of the day in developing a fully-fledged and self-sustaining art industry.
Mr. Zulu, a renowned Zambian musician welcomed the re-alignment saying government and other stakeholders would now appreciate the contribution of artists in the development process of the country-ZANIS