- Collaborate with Government and business entities, Chitotela urges youthsPosted 1 day ago
- KCM is not closing Nchanga Underground minePosted 1 day ago
- Engaging the youth through sportPosted 1 day ago
- Zambia face Ivory Coast in a must-win CAF U23 Cup qualifierPosted 1 day ago
- Patrick Mucheleka loses his Parliamentary seatPosted 2 days ago
- Fired!, Kwisa, I still have my job says Davies ChamaPosted 2 days ago
- Sad day for media fraternity as ZNBC’s Queen Chungu Malama diesPosted 2 days ago
- FODEP Requests Kasama, Solwezi By Elections to held on the Same DatePosted 2 days ago
- Women for Change happy with the commitment towards endings child marriages by the MPsPosted 2 days ago
- Speaker is Right on GBM says Chilufya TayaliPosted 2 days ago
DEC nabs cannabis smoking Grade 12 pupil in Ndola
- Updated: July 13, 2012
School authorities at Chifubu High School in Ndola have nabbed a grade 12 pupil after he was found smoking suspected cannabis outside the school fence together with a former pupil. The named 19 year old pupil was later picked up by the Drug Enforcement Commission (DEC) early this morning.
Sources at the school told the Zambia News and Information Services-ZANIS that the pupil was smoking at the time he was supposed to be in learning class. The sources further said the school administration was suspicious that some pupils at the school together with some outsiders were using a nearby disused building to smoke suspected cannabis.
They said the building has been under surveillance since Monday when the matter was reported to Police and DEC. And this morning when school authorities decided to check on the building at around 07:30hours they found the pupil smoking with his colleague.
They duo were apprehended and locked in one of the offices awaiting the arrival of DEC officers.
They were later whisked by the Drug Enforcement Commission to their offices to assist with investigations. Efforts to get a comment from the Drug Enforcement Commission in Lusaka proved futile as their Public Relations Officer was out of office-ZANIS.