- Beer Price Cut Boosts Zambian Breweries OutputPosted 17 hours ago
- ZESCO is a conduit to syphon money-UPNDPosted 17 hours ago
- My Husband is a Womaniser, He is addicted to Women claims Lusaka WomanPosted 17 hours ago
- Chama’s tribal remarks have blessings of President Lungu-NalumangoPosted 17 hours ago
- Lusaka City Council wins back former UBZ landPosted 17 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu thanks voters in Malambo, Petauke and Mulobezi constituenciesPosted 1 day ago
- Attend sessions,Court urges Kabimba, M’membePosted 2 days ago
- UPND as a party is growing and is on course-Hakainde HichilemaPosted 2 days ago
- Pilato says ZESCO is a disgrace over power cutsPosted 2 days ago
- PF has resorted to using guns against defenseless citizens-UPNDPosted 2 days ago
DEC nabs cannabis smoking Grade 12 pupil in Ndola
- Updated: July 13, 2012
School authorities at Chifubu High School in Ndola have nabbed a grade 12 pupil after he was found smoking suspected cannabis outside the school fence together with a former pupil. The named 19 year old pupil was later picked up by the Drug Enforcement Commission (DEC) early this morning.
Sources at the school told the Zambia News and Information Services-ZANIS that the pupil was smoking at the time he was supposed to be in learning class. The sources further said the school administration was suspicious that some pupils at the school together with some outsiders were using a nearby disused building to smoke suspected cannabis.
They said the building has been under surveillance since Monday when the matter was reported to Police and DEC. And this morning when school authorities decided to check on the building at around 07:30hours they found the pupil smoking with his colleague.
They duo were apprehended and locked in one of the offices awaiting the arrival of DEC officers.
They were later whisked by the Drug Enforcement Commission to their offices to assist with investigations. Efforts to get a comment from the Drug Enforcement Commission in Lusaka proved futile as their Public Relations Officer was out of office-ZANIS.