- Nevers Mumba files in presidential nomination paperPosted 18 hours ago
- Edgar Lungu files inPosted 19 hours ago
- Cabinet asks Dr. Guy Scott to resignPosted 4 days ago
- Guy Scott refuses to resignPosted 4 days ago
- Rupiah Banda receives a thunderous welcome in KasamaPosted 7 days ago
- MMD Shall Unite and Prevail says Rupiah BandaPosted 1 week ago
- Edgar Lungu meets with President Robert MugabePosted 1 week ago
- Zambian Amethysts create 100 good deeds braceletPosted 2 weeks ago
- Disclosure of Funding for Political CampaignsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Two arrested for illegal trading and unlawful possession of over 700 logs of the Mukula treePosted 2 weeks ago
DEC nabs cannabis smoking Grade 12 pupil in Ndola
- Updated: July 13, 2012
School authorities at Chifubu High School in Ndola have nabbed a grade 12 pupil after he was found smoking suspected cannabis outside the school fence together with a former pupil. The named 19 year old pupil was later picked up by the Drug Enforcement Commission (DEC) early this morning.
Sources at the school told the Zambia News and Information Services-ZANIS that the pupil was smoking at the time he was supposed to be in learning class. The sources further said the school administration was suspicious that some pupils at the school together with some outsiders were using a nearby disused building to smoke suspected cannabis.
They said the building has been under surveillance since Monday when the matter was reported to Police and DEC. And this morning when school authorities decided to check on the building at around 07:30hours they found the pupil smoking with his colleague.
They duo were apprehended and locked in one of the offices awaiting the arrival of DEC officers.
They were later whisked by the Drug Enforcement Commission to their offices to assist with investigations. Efforts to get a comment from the Drug Enforcement Commission in Lusaka proved futile as their Public Relations Officer was out of office-ZANIS.