- ZAMBEEF’S K50,000 Draw Hits MutenderePosted 5 hours ago
- ZESCO awards contract for Lusaka power line upgrade worth USD200 million to AureconPosted 11 hours ago
- Former President Rupiah Banda loses brother in-lawPosted 12 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu directs changes to 2015 Mineral Royalty TaxPosted 5 days ago
- Proflight Zambia reintroduces its popular 50-seater CRJ-100 aircraft on domestic routes in ZambiaPosted 5 days ago
- President Lungu Mourns Willie NsandaPosted 6 days ago
- RDA fires Bernand Chiwala as Chief Executive OfficerPosted 6 days ago
- DEC arrests 30 people for unlawful cultivation and trafficking in various quantities of cannabisPosted 6 days ago
- Willie Nsanda; the Businessman, the Politician and the OrganiserPosted 6 days ago
- Japan gives USD 1.5 million to refugee and local integration programmes in ZambiaPosted 6 days ago
DEC nabs cannabis smoking Grade 12 pupil in Ndola
- Updated: July 13, 2012
School authorities at Chifubu High School in Ndola have nabbed a grade 12 pupil after he was found smoking suspected cannabis outside the school fence together with a former pupil. The named 19 year old pupil was later picked up by the Drug Enforcement Commission (DEC) early this morning.
Sources at the school told the Zambia News and Information Services-ZANIS that the pupil was smoking at the time he was supposed to be in learning class. The sources further said the school administration was suspicious that some pupils at the school together with some outsiders were using a nearby disused building to smoke suspected cannabis.
They said the building has been under surveillance since Monday when the matter was reported to Police and DEC. And this morning when school authorities decided to check on the building at around 07:30hours they found the pupil smoking with his colleague.
They duo were apprehended and locked in one of the offices awaiting the arrival of DEC officers.
They were later whisked by the Drug Enforcement Commission to their offices to assist with investigations. Efforts to get a comment from the Drug Enforcement Commission in Lusaka proved futile as their Public Relations Officer was out of office-ZANIS.