- ZPPA director testifies in Masebo TribunalPosted 2 days ago
- Immigration Department Arrests 56 Zimbabwean women, 3 Egyptian carpet tradersPosted 4 days ago
- The International Women’s Club Donates K 263,000 to 29 organisations in ZambiaPosted 4 days ago
- Police disperse Luvales in Zambezi protesting over education curriculumPosted 4 days ago
- UK hails Kaseba for her role in girls and women’s welfarePosted 4 days ago
- Headman impregnates daughterPosted 4 days ago
- Zambia records K283 million trade surplusPosted 2 weeks ago
- Parliament ratifies two Supreme Court Judges and Five High Court JudgesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Kwacha fails to recover before February endsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Opposition MPs’ conduct is disorderly and not permitted by our Constitution says SpeakerPosted 2 weeks ago
DEC nabs cannabis smoking Grade 12 pupil in Ndola
- Updated: July 13, 2012
School authorities at Chifubu High School in Ndola have nabbed a grade 12 pupil after he was found smoking suspected cannabis outside the school fence together with a former pupil. The named 19 year old pupil was later picked up by the Drug Enforcement Commission (DEC) early this morning.
Sources at the school told the Zambia News and Information Services-ZANIS that the pupil was smoking at the time he was supposed to be in learning class. The sources further said the school administration was suspicious that some pupils at the school together with some outsiders were using a nearby disused building to smoke suspected cannabis.
They said the building has been under surveillance since Monday when the matter was reported to Police and DEC. And this morning when school authorities decided to check on the building at around 07:30hours they found the pupil smoking with his colleague.
They duo were apprehended and locked in one of the offices awaiting the arrival of DEC officers.
They were later whisked by the Drug Enforcement Commission to their offices to assist with investigations. Efforts to get a comment from the Drug Enforcement Commission in Lusaka proved futile as their Public Relations Officer was out of office-ZANIS.