- Korea Electric Power Corporation, seeks to invest in ZambiaPosted 13 hours ago
- Immigration Secures 9 ConvictionsPosted 13 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu urges Japanese investors to partner with ZambiaPosted 2 days ago
- Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba Expelled from the PFPosted 2 days ago
- Zambia drops visa requirement for all COMESA citizensPosted 2 days ago
- Anti-Corruption Commission Arrests Police Inspector for Corrupt PracticesPosted 2 days ago
- Immigration arrests 19 illegal immigrants in sting clean-up operationPosted 2 days ago
- Zambia and Zimbabwe launches Kaza UNIVISA in GermanyPosted 2 days ago
- Rupiah Bwezani Banda invited to inauguration of Namibia’s President-elect Dr Hage GeingobPosted 2 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu nominates Christopher Mvunga as MP and appointed him Ministry of Finance Deputy MinisterPosted 3 days ago
Another suspect in Lumwana K5.5 billion theft nabbed by Solwezi cops
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Police in Solwezi have nabbed a second person in connection with the theft of the K5.5 billion by an accountant at Barrick Lumwana mine.
Director of Jikemba Engineering Cephas Jikemba aged 40, who has been on the run following the arrest of Sampa Sichela 29, an accountant was arrested yesterday and will now be jointly charged with Sichela with the offence of theft by servant.
North-Western Province Police Deputy Commissioner Bonny Kapeso confirmed the arrest of Jikemba to ZANIS in Solwezi
Mr Kapeso said investigations reviewed that Sichela had been generating fraudulent payments to Jikemba Engineering company purporting to have taken the mining company’s vehicles for servicing when in fact not. Mr Sichela was found with K2 billion in his personal account and his account has since been frozen.
He said the syndicate started last year in September until last month when the malpractice was detected by the mine management. Both the accused persons are in police custody and will appear in court soon.
An accountant working for Barrick Lumwana mine in the finance department was on Wednesday arrested and charged with theft by servant involving-ZANIS