- Rampant Corruption Shows PF Hypocrisy says Mwansa MbulakulimaPosted 7 hours ago
- VITALITE’s Product Launched in Ng’ombe Compound in LusakaPosted 7 hours ago
- Drug Enforcement Commission arrests 30 people countrywide for trafficking in cannabisPosted 7 hours ago
- Zambian High Commission in South Africa urges Zambians to registerPosted 9 hours ago
- Police deny sending officers to search Former Justice Minister, Winter Kabimba’s officePosted 9 hours ago
- A Southern Africa President to be attacked says T.B JoshuaPosted 11 hours ago
- Post Newspapers is a stupid tabloid publication claims Chishimba KambwiliPosted 12 hours ago
- Sata swears in Malila, Kaoma as Supreme Court JudgesPosted 16 hours ago
- Sichilongo assault case adjourned to September, 17th, 2014 for continued trialPosted 1 day ago
- MTN Zambia says mobile banking is the key for the delivery of financial services in ZambiaPosted 1 day ago
Another suspect in Lumwana K5.5 billion theft nabbed by Solwezi cops
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Police in Solwezi have nabbed a second person in connection with the theft of the K5.5 billion by an accountant at Barrick Lumwana mine.
Director of Jikemba Engineering Cephas Jikemba aged 40, who has been on the run following the arrest of Sampa Sichela 29, an accountant was arrested yesterday and will now be jointly charged with Sichela with the offence of theft by servant.
North-Western Province Police Deputy Commissioner Bonny Kapeso confirmed the arrest of Jikemba to ZANIS in Solwezi
Mr Kapeso said investigations reviewed that Sichela had been generating fraudulent payments to Jikemba Engineering company purporting to have taken the mining company’s vehicles for servicing when in fact not. Mr Sichela was found with K2 billion in his personal account and his account has since been frozen.
He said the syndicate started last year in September until last month when the malpractice was detected by the mine management. Both the accused persons are in police custody and will appear in court soon.
An accountant working for Barrick Lumwana mine in the finance department was on Wednesday arrested and charged with theft by servant involving-ZANIS