- Government partners with mining houses to devise consistent sector policiesPosted 28 mins ago
- ZCCM-IH Announces Ambitious Diversification PlanPosted 18 hours ago
- Supreme Court throws out Mutembo’s Petition to Stop TribunalPosted 18 hours ago
- RTSA normalizes the printing of Drivers Licence CardsPosted 20 hours ago
- Lusaka High Court stays the decision to deregister Miles Sampa’s Democratic FrontPosted 21 hours ago
- Four people die in Kabwe Road Traffic AccidentPosted 2 days ago
- President Lungu has meet with President HollandePosted 2 days ago
- We have a plan for Empowerment and Employment says Andyford Mayele BandaPosted 2 days ago
- Justina Mutale foundation launches Scholarships for underprivileged young Zambian womenPosted 3 days ago
- UPND commends Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ)Posted 3 days ago
Another suspect in Lumwana K5.5 billion theft nabbed by Solwezi cops
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Police in Solwezi have nabbed a second person in connection with the theft of the K5.5 billion by an accountant at Barrick Lumwana mine.
Director of Jikemba Engineering Cephas Jikemba aged 40, who has been on the run following the arrest of Sampa Sichela 29, an accountant was arrested yesterday and will now be jointly charged with Sichela with the offence of theft by servant.
North-Western Province Police Deputy Commissioner Bonny Kapeso confirmed the arrest of Jikemba to ZANIS in Solwezi
Mr Kapeso said investigations reviewed that Sichela had been generating fraudulent payments to Jikemba Engineering company purporting to have taken the mining company’s vehicles for servicing when in fact not. Mr Sichela was found with K2 billion in his personal account and his account has since been frozen.
He said the syndicate started last year in September until last month when the malpractice was detected by the mine management. Both the accused persons are in police custody and will appear in court soon.
An accountant working for Barrick Lumwana mine in the finance department was on Wednesday arrested and charged with theft by servant involving-ZANIS