- Dr Mumba confers with Mwata, stresses the need to preserve culturePosted 1 day ago
- Lusaka Man attempts to commit suicide after using company money in a failed money multiplication dealPosted 3 days ago
- ZAMBEEF director urges graduates to become entrepreneursPosted 3 days ago
- Police officer shoots dead his wifePosted 4 days ago
- 12,657 candidates pass GCE examsPosted 4 days ago
- Grand Coalition expels Young African Leaders’ Initiative (YALI)Posted 4 days ago
- Horny Bishop from holy fire ministries arrested for allegedly having sex with nine young girls from his churchPosted 5 days ago
- Minister Kambwili visits Kazimu Sata in HospitalPosted 5 days ago
- Colonel Kaunda hails KCM support to railway link faceliftPosted 5 days ago
- Demand by Members of Parliament for a further salary hike is unfortunate says Choma residentPosted 5 days ago
Another suspect in Lumwana K5.5 billion theft nabbed by Solwezi cops
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Police in Solwezi have nabbed a second person in connection with the theft of the K5.5 billion by an accountant at Barrick Lumwana mine.
Director of Jikemba Engineering Cephas Jikemba aged 40, who has been on the run following the arrest of Sampa Sichela 29, an accountant was arrested yesterday and will now be jointly charged with Sichela with the offence of theft by servant.
North-Western Province Police Deputy Commissioner Bonny Kapeso confirmed the arrest of Jikemba to ZANIS in Solwezi
Mr Kapeso said investigations reviewed that Sichela had been generating fraudulent payments to Jikemba Engineering company purporting to have taken the mining company’s vehicles for servicing when in fact not. Mr Sichela was found with K2 billion in his personal account and his account has since been frozen.
He said the syndicate started last year in September until last month when the malpractice was detected by the mine management. Both the accused persons are in police custody and will appear in court soon.
An accountant working for Barrick Lumwana mine in the finance department was on Wednesday arrested and charged with theft by servant involving-ZANIS