- ZANACO Announces K 143 Million ProfitPosted 4 hours ago
- Livingstone Vet Officer Convicted for Abuse of Authority of OfficePosted 5 hours ago
- Paddy Mukando:The Shy Opera Star, DJ and TV Commercial ActorPosted 10 hours ago
- Ambassador Mulonda confers with United States Ambassador to Zambia in WashingtonPosted 11 hours ago
- Lusaka, Maputo explore areas of cooperationPosted 11 hours ago
- ZAMBEEF’S K50,000 Draw Hits MutenderePosted 1 day ago
- ZESCO awards contract for Lusaka power line upgrade worth USD200 million to AureconPosted 1 day ago
- Former President Rupiah Banda loses brother in-lawPosted 2 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu directs changes to 2015 Mineral Royalty TaxPosted 6 days ago
- Proflight Zambia reintroduces its popular 50-seater CRJ-100 aircraft on domestic routes in ZambiaPosted 7 days ago
Another suspect in Lumwana K5.5 billion theft nabbed by Solwezi cops
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Police in Solwezi have nabbed a second person in connection with the theft of the K5.5 billion by an accountant at Barrick Lumwana mine.
Director of Jikemba Engineering Cephas Jikemba aged 40, who has been on the run following the arrest of Sampa Sichela 29, an accountant was arrested yesterday and will now be jointly charged with Sichela with the offence of theft by servant.
North-Western Province Police Deputy Commissioner Bonny Kapeso confirmed the arrest of Jikemba to ZANIS in Solwezi
Mr Kapeso said investigations reviewed that Sichela had been generating fraudulent payments to Jikemba Engineering company purporting to have taken the mining company’s vehicles for servicing when in fact not. Mr Sichela was found with K2 billion in his personal account and his account has since been frozen.
He said the syndicate started last year in September until last month when the malpractice was detected by the mine management. Both the accused persons are in police custody and will appear in court soon.
An accountant working for Barrick Lumwana mine in the finance department was on Wednesday arrested and charged with theft by servant involving-ZANIS