- Zambians Mourn Dr. MandaPosted 3 days ago
- Beer Price Cut Boosts Zambian Breweries OutputPosted 4 days ago
- ZESCO is a conduit to syphon money-UPNDPosted 4 days ago
- My Husband is a Womaniser, He is addicted to Women claims Lusaka WomanPosted 4 days ago
- Chama’s tribal remarks have blessings of President Lungu-NalumangoPosted 4 days ago
- Lusaka City Council wins back former UBZ landPosted 4 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu thanks voters in Malambo, Petauke and Mulobezi constituenciesPosted 5 days ago
- Attend sessions,Court urges Kabimba, M’membePosted 5 days ago
- UPND as a party is growing and is on course-Hakainde HichilemaPosted 5 days ago
- Pilato says ZESCO is a disgrace over power cutsPosted 5 days ago
Another suspect in Lumwana K5.5 billion theft nabbed by Solwezi cops
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Police in Solwezi have nabbed a second person in connection with the theft of the K5.5 billion by an accountant at Barrick Lumwana mine.
Director of Jikemba Engineering Cephas Jikemba aged 40, who has been on the run following the arrest of Sampa Sichela 29, an accountant was arrested yesterday and will now be jointly charged with Sichela with the offence of theft by servant.
North-Western Province Police Deputy Commissioner Bonny Kapeso confirmed the arrest of Jikemba to ZANIS in Solwezi
Mr Kapeso said investigations reviewed that Sichela had been generating fraudulent payments to Jikemba Engineering company purporting to have taken the mining company’s vehicles for servicing when in fact not. Mr Sichela was found with K2 billion in his personal account and his account has since been frozen.
He said the syndicate started last year in September until last month when the malpractice was detected by the mine management. Both the accused persons are in police custody and will appear in court soon.
An accountant working for Barrick Lumwana mine in the finance department was on Wednesday arrested and charged with theft by servant involving-ZANIS