- Government to expand the Great East Road from a four lane to a six-lane roadPosted 8 hours ago
- Government to spend over K 6 million rehabilitate the Presidential Guest House in KitwePosted 9 hours ago
- ECZ sets date for five pending parliamentary by-elections in Solwezi Central, Kasenengwa, Mkushi North, Zambezi West and VubwiPosted 10 hours ago
- TAZARA granted USD80 million fundingPosted 1 day ago
- “Am Just saying with Mutinta Musokotwane-Chikopela,” Chats with My Boys – My two cents worth (Part One)Posted 1 day ago
- Kafue District Council arrests five suspects for illegal trading of alcohol in solobon compoundPosted 1 week ago
- Kapiri couple charged for practicing same sex marriage acquittedPosted 1 week ago
- Toll-gates raise USD$30 million in six monthsPosted 1 week ago
- Mulenga Sata appeals for strengthened relationship in science and technology between Zambia and South KoreaPosted 1 week ago
- MPs whose elections were nullified can re-contest their seats rules Supreme CourtPosted 1 week ago
Another suspect in Lumwana K5.5 billion theft nabbed by Solwezi cops
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Police in Solwezi have nabbed a second person in connection with the theft of the K5.5 billion by an accountant at Barrick Lumwana mine.
Director of Jikemba Engineering Cephas Jikemba aged 40, who has been on the run following the arrest of Sampa Sichela 29, an accountant was arrested yesterday and will now be jointly charged with Sichela with the offence of theft by servant.
North-Western Province Police Deputy Commissioner Bonny Kapeso confirmed the arrest of Jikemba to ZANIS in Solwezi
Mr Kapeso said investigations reviewed that Sichela had been generating fraudulent payments to Jikemba Engineering company purporting to have taken the mining company’s vehicles for servicing when in fact not. Mr Sichela was found with K2 billion in his personal account and his account has since been frozen.
He said the syndicate started last year in September until last month when the malpractice was detected by the mine management. Both the accused persons are in police custody and will appear in court soon.
An accountant working for Barrick Lumwana mine in the finance department was on Wednesday arrested and charged with theft by servant involving-ZANIS