- CDDR Denounces Mass Arrests of Civil Society Members and Students in ZambiaPosted 13 hours ago
- Commodity Prices Shoot up in ChipataPosted 13 hours ago
- President Sata assigns Prof Luo, GBM to settle ‘ heat’ with BashilubembaPosted 13 hours ago
- DEC Arrests Female American Peace Corps For Trafficking in CannabisPosted 21 hours ago
- Thieves Blow up Finance Bank Serenje Branch Cash VaultPosted 21 hours ago
- Honduran President Porfirio Lobo Sosa Pledges to enhance bilateral relations with ZambiaPosted 23 hours ago
- Sata Fires Ben PhiriPosted 2 days ago
- Rebased Kwacha continues trading under pressure, Says ZanacoPosted 2 days ago
- Parley Opens on 18th June, 2013Posted 2 days ago
- Over 55 Survive Bus Accident As Four Die In Kitwe-Chingola RTAPosted 2 days ago
Another suspect in Lumwana K5.5 billion theft nabbed by Solwezi cops
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Police in Solwezi have nabbed a second person in connection with the theft of the K5.5 billion by an accountant at Barrick Lumwana mine.
Director of Jikemba Engineering Cephas Jikemba aged 40, who has been on the run following the arrest of Sampa Sichela 29, an accountant was arrested yesterday and will now be jointly charged with Sichela with the offence of theft by servant.
North-Western Province Police Deputy Commissioner Bonny Kapeso confirmed the arrest of Jikemba to ZANIS in Solwezi
Mr Kapeso said investigations reviewed that Sichela had been generating fraudulent payments to Jikemba Engineering company purporting to have taken the mining company’s vehicles for servicing when in fact not. Mr Sichela was found with K2 billion in his personal account and his account has since been frozen.
He said the syndicate started last year in September until last month when the malpractice was detected by the mine management. Both the accused persons are in police custody and will appear in court soon.
An accountant working for Barrick Lumwana mine in the finance department was on Wednesday arrested and charged with theft by servant involving-ZANIS