- Zambia assents to agreements to secure elephantsPosted 3 days ago
- Lusaka man defiles and strangles two year old daughterPosted 3 days ago
- Parliament mourns Dr ChikusuPosted 3 days ago
- Police officer dies in hijacked car accidentPosted 3 days ago
- Government Strikes as over 100 nurses fired at UTHPosted 3 days ago
- Pope appoints Fr Chisanga as Mansa BishopPosted 5 days ago
- Zambia beats BurundiPosted 5 days ago
- Rupiah Banda calls for unity among MMD membersPosted 5 days ago
- Elephants Killed by Toxic substances Reveal Alarming Innovation in Poaching, says ZAWAPosted 5 days ago
- Government mourns Luangwa Bridge accident victimsPosted 5 days ago
Another suspect in Lumwana K5.5 billion theft nabbed by Solwezi cops
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Police in Solwezi have nabbed a second person in connection with the theft of the K5.5 billion by an accountant at Barrick Lumwana mine.
Director of Jikemba Engineering Cephas Jikemba aged 40, who has been on the run following the arrest of Sampa Sichela 29, an accountant was arrested yesterday and will now be jointly charged with Sichela with the offence of theft by servant.
North-Western Province Police Deputy Commissioner Bonny Kapeso confirmed the arrest of Jikemba to ZANIS in Solwezi
Mr Kapeso said investigations reviewed that Sichela had been generating fraudulent payments to Jikemba Engineering company purporting to have taken the mining company’s vehicles for servicing when in fact not. Mr Sichela was found with K2 billion in his personal account and his account has since been frozen.
He said the syndicate started last year in September until last month when the malpractice was detected by the mine management. Both the accused persons are in police custody and will appear in court soon.
An accountant working for Barrick Lumwana mine in the finance department was on Wednesday arrested and charged with theft by servant involving-ZANIS