- 1,028 people die from 16,000 RTAs this year alone says RTSAPosted 15 hours ago
- Zambeef e18hteam football frenzy lands on Choma and LivingstonePosted 16 hours ago
- Stanbic and PEP Zambia sign funding MoUPosted 16 hours ago
- Rupiah Banda was a shameless “Sangwapo” President claims Copperbelt MMDPosted 19 hours ago
- Before you judge me, first judge yourself says DambisaPosted 2 days ago
- Government will waste $1 billion dollars on Zamtel says Nevers MumbaPosted 2 days ago
- TIZ condemns the continued release and pardoning of convicted former ministers from prisonPosted 2 days ago
- President Lungu’s 18 months term of office will include major successes says PFPosted 2 days ago
- New co-working Hub Betaspace provides a different model of working for ZambiansPosted 2 days ago
- PF should stop complaining about the attacks on their competence says Elias ChipimoPosted 3 days ago
Another suspect in Lumwana K5.5 billion theft nabbed by Solwezi cops
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Police in Solwezi have nabbed a second person in connection with the theft of the K5.5 billion by an accountant at Barrick Lumwana mine.
Director of Jikemba Engineering Cephas Jikemba aged 40, who has been on the run following the arrest of Sampa Sichela 29, an accountant was arrested yesterday and will now be jointly charged with Sichela with the offence of theft by servant.
North-Western Province Police Deputy Commissioner Bonny Kapeso confirmed the arrest of Jikemba to ZANIS in Solwezi
Mr Kapeso said investigations reviewed that Sichela had been generating fraudulent payments to Jikemba Engineering company purporting to have taken the mining company’s vehicles for servicing when in fact not. Mr Sichela was found with K2 billion in his personal account and his account has since been frozen.
He said the syndicate started last year in September until last month when the malpractice was detected by the mine management. Both the accused persons are in police custody and will appear in court soon.
An accountant working for Barrick Lumwana mine in the finance department was on Wednesday arrested and charged with theft by servant involving-ZANIS