- Lusaka City Council disappointed with some sections of society trying to frustrate Council’s efforts in the relocating of street vendorsPosted 5 mins ago
- DEC arrests a 29 year old businesswoman of Lusaka for trafficking in cocainePosted 2 hours ago
- Zambian investment opportunities promoted in New MexicoPosted 4 hours ago
- Zambia Postal Services driver dies in road traffic accident in KalomoPosted 5 hours ago
- DEC arrests peasant farmer for trafficking in loose cannabis weighing 13.7 kgPosted 1 day ago
- Zambia appeals for human capital infrastructure support for newly constructed universitiesPosted 1 day ago
- ZAWA takes over MundawangaPosted 1 day ago
- Emirates and Angola announce strategic airline partnership in respect of TAAG Linhas Aéreas De AngolaPosted 1 day ago
- Banks must provide safe and secure transactions for businesses says Paul RichardsPosted 3 days ago
- Steven Masumba sentenced to 12 months imprisonmentPosted 3 days ago
Another suspect in Lumwana K5.5 billion theft nabbed by Solwezi cops
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Police in Solwezi have nabbed a second person in connection with the theft of the K5.5 billion by an accountant at Barrick Lumwana mine.
Director of Jikemba Engineering Cephas Jikemba aged 40, who has been on the run following the arrest of Sampa Sichela 29, an accountant was arrested yesterday and will now be jointly charged with Sichela with the offence of theft by servant.
North-Western Province Police Deputy Commissioner Bonny Kapeso confirmed the arrest of Jikemba to ZANIS in Solwezi
Mr Kapeso said investigations reviewed that Sichela had been generating fraudulent payments to Jikemba Engineering company purporting to have taken the mining company’s vehicles for servicing when in fact not. Mr Sichela was found with K2 billion in his personal account and his account has since been frozen.
He said the syndicate started last year in September until last month when the malpractice was detected by the mine management. Both the accused persons are in police custody and will appear in court soon.
An accountant working for Barrick Lumwana mine in the finance department was on Wednesday arrested and charged with theft by servant involving-ZANIS