- Daddy who killed his four year old son sentenced to 15 years in prisonPosted 18 hours ago
- NGOCC disappointed the process to enact the new constitutionPosted 18 hours ago
- President Lungu deserves support from all Zambians, says Bowman LusamboPosted 18 hours ago
- Child marriage is a violation of children’s rights, says President LunguPosted 2 days ago
- President Lungu has no solutions to the Zambia’s economic problems, says FDDPosted 2 days ago
- GBV is both a health and a human rights concern, says Lucy JoycePosted 2 days ago
- 21 year old woman arrested for allegedly defiling a 15 year old boy in NakondePosted 2 days ago
- Zambian Actor Brings Hollywood to ZambiaPosted 2 days ago
- Drug Enforcement Commission arrests five people for money launderingPosted 3 days ago
- 162 cases of child sexual abuse survivors recorded at UTH in the month of OctoberPosted 3 days ago
Another suspect in Lumwana K5.5 billion theft nabbed by Solwezi cops
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Police in Solwezi have nabbed a second person in connection with the theft of the K5.5 billion by an accountant at Barrick Lumwana mine.
Director of Jikemba Engineering Cephas Jikemba aged 40, who has been on the run following the arrest of Sampa Sichela 29, an accountant was arrested yesterday and will now be jointly charged with Sichela with the offence of theft by servant.
North-Western Province Police Deputy Commissioner Bonny Kapeso confirmed the arrest of Jikemba to ZANIS in Solwezi
Mr Kapeso said investigations reviewed that Sichela had been generating fraudulent payments to Jikemba Engineering company purporting to have taken the mining company’s vehicles for servicing when in fact not. Mr Sichela was found with K2 billion in his personal account and his account has since been frozen.
He said the syndicate started last year in September until last month when the malpractice was detected by the mine management. Both the accused persons are in police custody and will appear in court soon.
An accountant working for Barrick Lumwana mine in the finance department was on Wednesday arrested and charged with theft by servant involving-ZANIS