- Entrepreneurs hold to key to Economic Development, says Margaret MwanakatwePosted 9 mins ago
- Zambia’s Health Sector to get an injection of US$ 5 million dollars from MatterPosted 2 hours ago
- Probe Speaker Matibini, Over GBM cries YALIPosted 2 hours ago
- Two young foreign nationals aged 14 and 19 years old arrested for drug traffickingPosted 24 hours ago
- Court reconciles wife with hubby who has multiple girlfriendsPosted 1 day ago
- UPND surprised that their VEEP GBM has lost his seat when his matter was still in courtPosted 1 day ago
- PF did not get it’s facts right on HH’s visit to UTH says UPNDPosted 1 day ago
- Kasama PF MP Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba has lost his seat, Speaker rulesPosted 2 days ago
- GBM was unanimously elected and accepted as UPND vice-president says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 2 days ago
- Man charged with rape after victim mistakes him for husbandPosted 2 days ago
Another suspect in Lumwana K5.5 billion theft nabbed by Solwezi cops
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Police in Solwezi have nabbed a second person in connection with the theft of the K5.5 billion by an accountant at Barrick Lumwana mine.
Director of Jikemba Engineering Cephas Jikemba aged 40, who has been on the run following the arrest of Sampa Sichela 29, an accountant was arrested yesterday and will now be jointly charged with Sichela with the offence of theft by servant.
North-Western Province Police Deputy Commissioner Bonny Kapeso confirmed the arrest of Jikemba to ZANIS in Solwezi
Mr Kapeso said investigations reviewed that Sichela had been generating fraudulent payments to Jikemba Engineering company purporting to have taken the mining company’s vehicles for servicing when in fact not. Mr Sichela was found with K2 billion in his personal account and his account has since been frozen.
He said the syndicate started last year in September until last month when the malpractice was detected by the mine management. Both the accused persons are in police custody and will appear in court soon.
An accountant working for Barrick Lumwana mine in the finance department was on Wednesday arrested and charged with theft by servant involving-ZANIS