- Konkola Copper Mine cuts 148 jobsPosted 2 days ago
- UPND is not against the call for the national day of fasting and prayer says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 2 days ago
- Twin palm bike club act on climate changePosted 2 days ago
- RTSA apologizes to all driver license applicantsPosted 2 days ago
- South African farmers plan USD$100 million annual investment in ZambiaPosted 2 days ago
- Hakainde Hichilema says he will not attend National Day of Fasting and Prayer, Event is mockery to GodPosted 2 days ago
- Judy Siyambango wins K 250,000 from Nyamuka Zambia business plan competitionPosted 3 days ago
- Dot Com Zambia urges business houses to utilize social mediaPosted 3 days ago
- Lwandamina names squad for Egypt and MozambiquePosted 3 days ago
- Stanbic Jazz Festival Concert ProgramPosted 3 days ago
Another suspect in Lumwana K5.5 billion theft nabbed by Solwezi cops
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Police in Solwezi have nabbed a second person in connection with the theft of the K5.5 billion by an accountant at Barrick Lumwana mine.
Director of Jikemba Engineering Cephas Jikemba aged 40, who has been on the run following the arrest of Sampa Sichela 29, an accountant was arrested yesterday and will now be jointly charged with Sichela with the offence of theft by servant.
North-Western Province Police Deputy Commissioner Bonny Kapeso confirmed the arrest of Jikemba to ZANIS in Solwezi
Mr Kapeso said investigations reviewed that Sichela had been generating fraudulent payments to Jikemba Engineering company purporting to have taken the mining company’s vehicles for servicing when in fact not. Mr Sichela was found with K2 billion in his personal account and his account has since been frozen.
He said the syndicate started last year in September until last month when the malpractice was detected by the mine management. Both the accused persons are in police custody and will appear in court soon.
An accountant working for Barrick Lumwana mine in the finance department was on Wednesday arrested and charged with theft by servant involving-ZANIS