- Zambian Cabinet Deliberates on Xenophobic Attacks in South AfricaPosted 15 hours ago
- Cabinet Announces Changes to 2015 Mining Tax RegimePosted 16 hours ago
- Gender Parity in CouncilsPosted 18 hours ago
- Embrace Peace and Unity says ClergymanPosted 19 hours ago
- PF government continued borrowing will make public debt unsustainable says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 19 hours ago
- No Zambian has, so far, been caught up in the Xenophobic Attacks in South AfricaPosted 21 hours ago
- “Continue Selling Zambia, it is a bankable investment destination” says Finance Minister ChikwandaPosted 21 hours ago
- Proflight Zambia Premieres Latest Fly5 Music VideoPosted 4 days ago
- Hakainde Hichilema describes Xenophobic Attacks in South Africa as unfortunatePosted 4 days ago
- Chikwanda in Washington DC for the 2015 IMF/ World Bank Spring MeetingsPosted 4 days ago
Another suspect in Lumwana K5.5 billion theft nabbed by Solwezi cops
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Police in Solwezi have nabbed a second person in connection with the theft of the K5.5 billion by an accountant at Barrick Lumwana mine.
Director of Jikemba Engineering Cephas Jikemba aged 40, who has been on the run following the arrest of Sampa Sichela 29, an accountant was arrested yesterday and will now be jointly charged with Sichela with the offence of theft by servant.
North-Western Province Police Deputy Commissioner Bonny Kapeso confirmed the arrest of Jikemba to ZANIS in Solwezi
Mr Kapeso said investigations reviewed that Sichela had been generating fraudulent payments to Jikemba Engineering company purporting to have taken the mining company’s vehicles for servicing when in fact not. Mr Sichela was found with K2 billion in his personal account and his account has since been frozen.
He said the syndicate started last year in September until last month when the malpractice was detected by the mine management. Both the accused persons are in police custody and will appear in court soon.
An accountant working for Barrick Lumwana mine in the finance department was on Wednesday arrested and charged with theft by servant involving-ZANIS