- British national fined K10, 000 for unlawful stayPosted 10 hours ago
- PF wants constitution that suits them only charges UPNDPosted 11 hours ago
- PF government is abusing its workforce says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 12 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu Appoints Inonge Wina as PF Vice PresidentPosted 1 day ago
- Oasis Forum rejects enactment of the new constitution in a piecemeal mannerPosted 1 day ago
- DNA Equipment Commissioned by GovernmentPosted 1 day ago
- ZAWA nabs Three for Illegal possession of game meatPosted 2 days ago
- Zambian Breweries Rewards top-selling Castle lager distributors with a five-day football trip to SpainPosted 2 days ago
- PF Bangweulu MP Chifita Matafwali Dies in IndiaPosted 2 days ago
- Pastor jailed 20 years for raping teen, taken for prayers to himPosted 2 days ago
Another suspect in Lumwana K5.5 billion theft nabbed by Solwezi cops
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Police in Solwezi have nabbed a second person in connection with the theft of the K5.5 billion by an accountant at Barrick Lumwana mine.
Director of Jikemba Engineering Cephas Jikemba aged 40, who has been on the run following the arrest of Sampa Sichela 29, an accountant was arrested yesterday and will now be jointly charged with Sichela with the offence of theft by servant.
North-Western Province Police Deputy Commissioner Bonny Kapeso confirmed the arrest of Jikemba to ZANIS in Solwezi
Mr Kapeso said investigations reviewed that Sichela had been generating fraudulent payments to Jikemba Engineering company purporting to have taken the mining company’s vehicles for servicing when in fact not. Mr Sichela was found with K2 billion in his personal account and his account has since been frozen.
He said the syndicate started last year in September until last month when the malpractice was detected by the mine management. Both the accused persons are in police custody and will appear in court soon.
An accountant working for Barrick Lumwana mine in the finance department was on Wednesday arrested and charged with theft by servant involving-ZANIS