- President Sata’s Remains Arrive Saturday, 1st November, 2014 at 10:00 HoursPosted 2 hours ago
- MISA Zambia learns with deep sorrow about the death of President SataPosted 1 day ago
- Late President Michael Sata should be mourned with dignity and honour says Rupiah Bwezani BandaPosted 1 day ago
- The Cobra Who Charmed a Nation: The Life and Times of Michael Chilufya SataPosted 1 day ago
- Zambian Government Confirms the Death of President Sata in LondonPosted 1 day ago
- Police in Mansa arrest 32 people for riotous behaviorPosted 2 days ago
- Zambians in the USA celebrates Golden JubileePosted 2 days ago
- Jubilee celebrations end tragically with suspected drowning of 21 pupils in ChomaPosted 6 days ago
- Acting Republican President Lungu leads in celebrating golden jubileePosted 6 days ago
- USA toasts Zambia’s Golden JubileePosted 6 days ago
Another suspect in Lumwana K5.5 billion theft nabbed by Solwezi cops
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Police in Solwezi have nabbed a second person in connection with the theft of the K5.5 billion by an accountant at Barrick Lumwana mine.
Director of Jikemba Engineering Cephas Jikemba aged 40, who has been on the run following the arrest of Sampa Sichela 29, an accountant was arrested yesterday and will now be jointly charged with Sichela with the offence of theft by servant.
North-Western Province Police Deputy Commissioner Bonny Kapeso confirmed the arrest of Jikemba to ZANIS in Solwezi
Mr Kapeso said investigations reviewed that Sichela had been generating fraudulent payments to Jikemba Engineering company purporting to have taken the mining company’s vehicles for servicing when in fact not. Mr Sichela was found with K2 billion in his personal account and his account has since been frozen.
He said the syndicate started last year in September until last month when the malpractice was detected by the mine management. Both the accused persons are in police custody and will appear in court soon.
An accountant working for Barrick Lumwana mine in the finance department was on Wednesday arrested and charged with theft by servant involving-ZANIS