- Speech for President Sata at the opening of the fourth session of the eleventh National AssemblyPosted 14 hours ago
- President Sata opens fourth session of the eleventh National AssemblyPosted 16 hours ago
- Airports Company of South Africa keen to partner with ZambiaPosted 17 hours ago
- Eric T. Schultz named new United States Ambassador to ZambiaPosted 18 hours ago
- Chikwanda to present 2015 National Budget on October 10th, 2014Posted 18 hours ago
- Three killed in road carnage in Shiwang’andu DistrictPosted 18 hours ago
- President Sata to open parliament this morningPosted 19 hours ago
- Woman aged 23 arrested for having sex with a boy aged 15 at a guesthouse in ChipataPosted 1 day ago
- Zambia and Zimbabwe mobilise $280m for Kariba dam repairsPosted 2 days ago
- Magistrates Court fines 10 people over Mukula treePosted 2 days ago
Another suspect in Lumwana K5.5 billion theft nabbed by Solwezi cops
- Updated: July 13, 2012
Police in Solwezi have nabbed a second person in connection with the theft of the K5.5 billion by an accountant at Barrick Lumwana mine.
Director of Jikemba Engineering Cephas Jikemba aged 40, who has been on the run following the arrest of Sampa Sichela 29, an accountant was arrested yesterday and will now be jointly charged with Sichela with the offence of theft by servant.
North-Western Province Police Deputy Commissioner Bonny Kapeso confirmed the arrest of Jikemba to ZANIS in Solwezi
Mr Kapeso said investigations reviewed that Sichela had been generating fraudulent payments to Jikemba Engineering company purporting to have taken the mining company’s vehicles for servicing when in fact not. Mr Sichela was found with K2 billion in his personal account and his account has since been frozen.
He said the syndicate started last year in September until last month when the malpractice was detected by the mine management. Both the accused persons are in police custody and will appear in court soon.
An accountant working for Barrick Lumwana mine in the finance department was on Wednesday arrested and charged with theft by servant involving-ZANIS