- BancABC mourns President SataPosted 2 days ago
- President Sata’s Remains Arrive Saturday, 1st November, 2014 at 10:00 HoursPosted 2 days ago
- MISA Zambia learns with deep sorrow about the death of President SataPosted 3 days ago
- Late President Michael Sata should be mourned with dignity and honour says Rupiah Bwezani BandaPosted 3 days ago
- The Cobra Who Charmed a Nation: The Life and Times of Michael Chilufya SataPosted 3 days ago
- Zambian Government Confirms the Death of President Sata in LondonPosted 3 days ago
- Police in Mansa arrest 32 people for riotous behaviorPosted 4 days ago
- Zambians in the USA celebrates Golden JubileePosted 4 days ago
- Jubilee celebrations end tragically with suspected drowning of 21 pupils in ChomaPosted 1 week ago
- Acting Republican President Lungu leads in celebrating golden jubileePosted 1 week ago
BY’s daughter Lilly dies
- Updated: July 12, 2012
FORMER Defence minister Benjamin Mwila’s daughter Lilly 27, died at Victoria Hospital in Lusaka around 05:00 hours today. Lilly was involved in a road traffic accident on 9th June,2012 with her brother Yorum who died on spot.
She was admitted at the University Teaching Hospital (UTH)’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in a critical condition before she was eventually evacuated to South Africa’s Morningside Clinic on June 18, 2012 for specialist treatment because of the head injuries she sustained in the accident. She was brought back to Zambia over the weekend and admitted
A family spokesperson confirmed Lilly’s death in Lusaka today. “I can confirm that Lilly Mwila passed away this morning at Victoria Hospital from injuries she sustained in the car accident that claimed her brother, Yoram Kasuba Mwila’s life. She was in a coma from the day of the tragic accident” he spokesperson said.
Funeral is being held at House Number 15 Nalubutu road off Addis Ababa Drive in Lusaka and burial arrangements would be announced later.
Lilly was in a BMW vehicle which overturned along Great East Road in Lusaka, killing Yoram instantly while two others, Vincent Chishala, the driver and John Nkuwa survived with minor injuries in the early hours of June 9, 2012.