- Nevers Mumba files in presidential nomination paperPosted 12 hours ago
- Edgar Lungu files inPosted 13 hours ago
- Cabinet asks Dr. Guy Scott to resignPosted 4 days ago
- Guy Scott refuses to resignPosted 4 days ago
- Rupiah Banda receives a thunderous welcome in KasamaPosted 7 days ago
- MMD Shall Unite and Prevail says Rupiah BandaPosted 1 week ago
- Edgar Lungu meets with President Robert MugabePosted 1 week ago
- Zambian Amethysts create 100 good deeds braceletPosted 2 weeks ago
- Disclosure of Funding for Political CampaignsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Two arrested for illegal trading and unlawful possession of over 700 logs of the Mukula treePosted 2 weeks ago
BY’s daughter Lilly dies
- Updated: July 12, 2012
FORMER Defence minister Benjamin Mwila’s daughter Lilly 27, died at Victoria Hospital in Lusaka around 05:00 hours today. Lilly was involved in a road traffic accident on 9th June,2012 with her brother Yorum who died on spot.
She was admitted at the University Teaching Hospital (UTH)’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in a critical condition before she was eventually evacuated to South Africa’s Morningside Clinic on June 18, 2012 for specialist treatment because of the head injuries she sustained in the accident. She was brought back to Zambia over the weekend and admitted
A family spokesperson confirmed Lilly’s death in Lusaka today. “I can confirm that Lilly Mwila passed away this morning at Victoria Hospital from injuries she sustained in the car accident that claimed her brother, Yoram Kasuba Mwila’s life. She was in a coma from the day of the tragic accident” he spokesperson said.
Funeral is being held at House Number 15 Nalubutu road off Addis Ababa Drive in Lusaka and burial arrangements would be announced later.
Lilly was in a BMW vehicle which overturned along Great East Road in Lusaka, killing Yoram instantly while two others, Vincent Chishala, the driver and John Nkuwa survived with minor injuries in the early hours of June 9, 2012.