- Zambeef impresses COMESAPosted 1 day ago
- Rupiah Bwezani Banda mourns MandelaPosted 1 day ago
- Four motorists cheat death in LusakaPosted 1 day ago
- Court officers arrested for stealing drugsPosted 1 day ago
- Sata joins other Heads of State in mourning MandelaPosted 1 day ago
- HH says Mandela was selfless, honestPosted 1 day ago
- Zambia assents to agreements to secure elephantsPosted 5 days ago
- Lusaka man defiles and strangles two year old daughterPosted 5 days ago
- Parliament mourns Dr ChikusuPosted 5 days ago
- Police officer dies in hijacked car accidentPosted 5 days ago
BY’s daughter Lilly dies
- Updated: July 12, 2012
FORMER Defence minister Benjamin Mwila’s daughter Lilly 27, died at Victoria Hospital in Lusaka around 05:00 hours today. Lilly was involved in a road traffic accident on 9th June,2012 with her brother Yorum who died on spot.
She was admitted at the University Teaching Hospital (UTH)’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in a critical condition before she was eventually evacuated to South Africa’s Morningside Clinic on June 18, 2012 for specialist treatment because of the head injuries she sustained in the accident. She was brought back to Zambia over the weekend and admitted
A family spokesperson confirmed Lilly’s death in Lusaka today. “I can confirm that Lilly Mwila passed away this morning at Victoria Hospital from injuries she sustained in the car accident that claimed her brother, Yoram Kasuba Mwila’s life. She was in a coma from the day of the tragic accident” he spokesperson said.
Funeral is being held at House Number 15 Nalubutu road off Addis Ababa Drive in Lusaka and burial arrangements would be announced later.
Lilly was in a BMW vehicle which overturned along Great East Road in Lusaka, killing Yoram instantly while two others, Vincent Chishala, the driver and John Nkuwa survived with minor injuries in the early hours of June 9, 2012.