- Nevers Mumba maintains MMD NEC meeting is set for month endPosted 17 hours ago
- We will continue yapping to demand for the release of the draft constitution says Fr. Leonard ChitiPosted 19 hours ago
- Police launch manhunt for bandits who snatched K541,736.00 cash in LuanshyaPosted 22 hours ago
- Unsafe Abortions in Zambia worry GovernmentPosted 22 hours ago
- 35 people killed in Easter weekend accidentsPosted 23 hours ago
- Dora and her team should leave MMD says Bowman LusamboPosted 2 days ago
- President Sata mourns Dennis LiwewePosted 2 days ago
- One child dies in bus accident on Ndola-Kapiri roadPosted 7 days ago
- Minister of Tourism and Arts Jean Kapata dissolves ZAWA BoardPosted 7 days ago
- Lusaka High Court throws out General Kanene’s application against convictionPosted 1 week ago
BY’s daughter Lilly dies
- Updated: July 12, 2012
FORMER Defence minister Benjamin Mwila’s daughter Lilly 27, died at Victoria Hospital in Lusaka around 05:00 hours today. Lilly was involved in a road traffic accident on 9th June,2012 with her brother Yorum who died on spot.
She was admitted at the University Teaching Hospital (UTH)’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in a critical condition before she was eventually evacuated to South Africa’s Morningside Clinic on June 18, 2012 for specialist treatment because of the head injuries she sustained in the accident. She was brought back to Zambia over the weekend and admitted
A family spokesperson confirmed Lilly’s death in Lusaka today. “I can confirm that Lilly Mwila passed away this morning at Victoria Hospital from injuries she sustained in the car accident that claimed her brother, Yoram Kasuba Mwila’s life. She was in a coma from the day of the tragic accident” he spokesperson said.
Funeral is being held at House Number 15 Nalubutu road off Addis Ababa Drive in Lusaka and burial arrangements would be announced later.
Lilly was in a BMW vehicle which overturned along Great East Road in Lusaka, killing Yoram instantly while two others, Vincent Chishala, the driver and John Nkuwa survived with minor injuries in the early hours of June 9, 2012.