- Two young foreign nationals aged 14 and 19 years old arrested for drug traffickingPosted 16 hours ago
- Court reconciles wife with hubby who has multiple girlfriendsPosted 16 hours ago
- UPND surprised that their VEEP GBM has lost his seat when his matter was still in courtPosted 17 hours ago
- PF did not get it’s facts right on HH’s visit to UTH says UPNDPosted 17 hours ago
- Kasama PF MP Geoffrey Bwalya Mwamba has lost his seat, Speaker rulesPosted 2 days ago
- GBM was unanimously elected and accepted as UPND vice-president says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 2 days ago
- Man charged with rape after victim mistakes him for husbandPosted 2 days ago
- MPs Salary Increment demands are outrageous says Bowman LusamboPosted 2 days ago
- Zambia UN peacemakers ship via Walvis BayPosted 2 days ago
- Entrepreneurs set to hear ‘extraordinary’ speakers at Nyamuka Business ConferencePosted 2 days ago
BY’s daughter Lilly dies
- Updated: July 12, 2012
FORMER Defence minister Benjamin Mwila’s daughter Lilly 27, died at Victoria Hospital in Lusaka around 05:00 hours today. Lilly was involved in a road traffic accident on 9th June,2012 with her brother Yorum who died on spot.
She was admitted at the University Teaching Hospital (UTH)’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in a critical condition before she was eventually evacuated to South Africa’s Morningside Clinic on June 18, 2012 for specialist treatment because of the head injuries she sustained in the accident. She was brought back to Zambia over the weekend and admitted
A family spokesperson confirmed Lilly’s death in Lusaka today. “I can confirm that Lilly Mwila passed away this morning at Victoria Hospital from injuries she sustained in the car accident that claimed her brother, Yoram Kasuba Mwila’s life. She was in a coma from the day of the tragic accident” he spokesperson said.
Funeral is being held at House Number 15 Nalubutu road off Addis Ababa Drive in Lusaka and burial arrangements would be announced later.
Lilly was in a BMW vehicle which overturned along Great East Road in Lusaka, killing Yoram instantly while two others, Vincent Chishala, the driver and John Nkuwa survived with minor injuries in the early hours of June 9, 2012.