- Beer Price Cut Boosts Zambian Breweries OutputPosted 21 hours ago
- ZESCO is a conduit to syphon money-UPNDPosted 21 hours ago
- My Husband is a Womaniser, He is addicted to Women claims Lusaka WomanPosted 21 hours ago
- Chama’s tribal remarks have blessings of President Lungu-NalumangoPosted 22 hours ago
- Lusaka City Council wins back former UBZ landPosted 22 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu thanks voters in Malambo, Petauke and Mulobezi constituenciesPosted 2 days ago
- Attend sessions,Court urges Kabimba, M’membePosted 2 days ago
- UPND as a party is growing and is on course-Hakainde HichilemaPosted 2 days ago
- Pilato says ZESCO is a disgrace over power cutsPosted 2 days ago
- PF has resorted to using guns against defenseless citizens-UPNDPosted 2 days ago
BY’s daughter Lilly dies
- Updated: July 12, 2012
FORMER Defence minister Benjamin Mwila’s daughter Lilly 27, died at Victoria Hospital in Lusaka around 05:00 hours today. Lilly was involved in a road traffic accident on 9th June,2012 with her brother Yorum who died on spot.
She was admitted at the University Teaching Hospital (UTH)’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in a critical condition before she was eventually evacuated to South Africa’s Morningside Clinic on June 18, 2012 for specialist treatment because of the head injuries she sustained in the accident. She was brought back to Zambia over the weekend and admitted
A family spokesperson confirmed Lilly’s death in Lusaka today. “I can confirm that Lilly Mwila passed away this morning at Victoria Hospital from injuries she sustained in the car accident that claimed her brother, Yoram Kasuba Mwila’s life. She was in a coma from the day of the tragic accident” he spokesperson said.
Funeral is being held at House Number 15 Nalubutu road off Addis Ababa Drive in Lusaka and burial arrangements would be announced later.
Lilly was in a BMW vehicle which overturned along Great East Road in Lusaka, killing Yoram instantly while two others, Vincent Chishala, the driver and John Nkuwa survived with minor injuries in the early hours of June 9, 2012.