- Four people die in Kabwe Road Traffic AccidentPosted 8 hours ago
- President Lungu has meet with President HollandePosted 12 hours ago
- We have a plan for Empowerment and Employment says Andyford Mayele BandaPosted 12 hours ago
- Justina Mutale foundation launches Scholarships for underprivileged young Zambian womenPosted 2 days ago
- UPND commends Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ)Posted 2 days ago
- Evans reveals new Top Gear Friend on BBC BritPosted 2 days ago
- Fund Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ) says YALIPosted 2 days ago
- Local Noodle Sales Hit 1.6 Million MilestonePosted 4 days ago
- Zambia Army Officers against Salary DeductionsPosted 4 days ago
- Nominations fees for August 11 elections are too high says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 5 days ago
BY’s daughter Lilly dies
- Updated: July 12, 2012
FORMER Defence minister Benjamin Mwila’s daughter Lilly 27, died at Victoria Hospital in Lusaka around 05:00 hours today. Lilly was involved in a road traffic accident on 9th June,2012 with her brother Yorum who died on spot.
She was admitted at the University Teaching Hospital (UTH)’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in a critical condition before she was eventually evacuated to South Africa’s Morningside Clinic on June 18, 2012 for specialist treatment because of the head injuries she sustained in the accident. She was brought back to Zambia over the weekend and admitted
A family spokesperson confirmed Lilly’s death in Lusaka today. “I can confirm that Lilly Mwila passed away this morning at Victoria Hospital from injuries she sustained in the car accident that claimed her brother, Yoram Kasuba Mwila’s life. She was in a coma from the day of the tragic accident” he spokesperson said.
Funeral is being held at House Number 15 Nalubutu road off Addis Ababa Drive in Lusaka and burial arrangements would be announced later.
Lilly was in a BMW vehicle which overturned along Great East Road in Lusaka, killing Yoram instantly while two others, Vincent Chishala, the driver and John Nkuwa survived with minor injuries in the early hours of June 9, 2012.