- President Edgar Lungu Appoints Lucky Mulusa as his aidePosted 1 hour ago
- Kalabo records 30 cases of unsafe abortions involving school girls every monthPosted 2 hours ago
- Police raid Hakainde Hichilema’s housePosted 2 hours ago
- Bivan Saluseki confirms being fired by the Post NewspaperPosted 3 hours ago
- Sylvia Masebo ExpelledPosted 3 hours ago
- Excitement Mounts in ZAMBEEF butchery bonanzaPosted 20 hours ago
- Probe Hakainde Hichilema, President Edgar Lungu directs Zambia Police ServicePosted 23 hours ago
- $14.5 million made from Lusaka Emeralds AuctionPosted 23 hours ago
- ZAMBEEF value chain savings passed on to consumersPosted 5 days ago
- United States Ambassador to Zambia Eric Schultz visits Konkola Copper Mines (KCM)Posted 5 days ago
BY’s daughter Lilly dies
- Updated: July 12, 2012
FORMER Defence minister Benjamin Mwila’s daughter Lilly 27, died at Victoria Hospital in Lusaka around 05:00 hours today. Lilly was involved in a road traffic accident on 9th June,2012 with her brother Yorum who died on spot.
She was admitted at the University Teaching Hospital (UTH)’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in a critical condition before she was eventually evacuated to South Africa’s Morningside Clinic on June 18, 2012 for specialist treatment because of the head injuries she sustained in the accident. She was brought back to Zambia over the weekend and admitted
A family spokesperson confirmed Lilly’s death in Lusaka today. “I can confirm that Lilly Mwila passed away this morning at Victoria Hospital from injuries she sustained in the car accident that claimed her brother, Yoram Kasuba Mwila’s life. She was in a coma from the day of the tragic accident” he spokesperson said.
Funeral is being held at House Number 15 Nalubutu road off Addis Ababa Drive in Lusaka and burial arrangements would be announced later.
Lilly was in a BMW vehicle which overturned along Great East Road in Lusaka, killing Yoram instantly while two others, Vincent Chishala, the driver and John Nkuwa survived with minor injuries in the early hours of June 9, 2012.