- British national fined K10, 000 for unlawful stayPosted 3 days ago
- PF wants constitution that suits them only charges UPNDPosted 3 days ago
- PF government is abusing its workforce says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 3 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu Appoints Inonge Wina as PF Vice PresidentPosted 4 days ago
- Oasis Forum rejects enactment of the new constitution in a piecemeal mannerPosted 4 days ago
- DNA Equipment Commissioned by GovernmentPosted 4 days ago
- ZAWA nabs Three for Illegal possession of game meatPosted 4 days ago
- Zambian Breweries Rewards top-selling Castle lager distributors with a five-day football trip to SpainPosted 4 days ago
- PF Bangweulu MP Chifita Matafwali Dies in IndiaPosted 5 days ago
- Pastor jailed 20 years for raping teen, taken for prayers to himPosted 5 days ago
BY’s daughter Lilly dies
- Updated: July 12, 2012
FORMER Defence minister Benjamin Mwila’s daughter Lilly 27, died at Victoria Hospital in Lusaka around 05:00 hours today. Lilly was involved in a road traffic accident on 9th June,2012 with her brother Yorum who died on spot.
She was admitted at the University Teaching Hospital (UTH)’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in a critical condition before she was eventually evacuated to South Africa’s Morningside Clinic on June 18, 2012 for specialist treatment because of the head injuries she sustained in the accident. She was brought back to Zambia over the weekend and admitted
A family spokesperson confirmed Lilly’s death in Lusaka today. “I can confirm that Lilly Mwila passed away this morning at Victoria Hospital from injuries she sustained in the car accident that claimed her brother, Yoram Kasuba Mwila’s life. She was in a coma from the day of the tragic accident” he spokesperson said.
Funeral is being held at House Number 15 Nalubutu road off Addis Ababa Drive in Lusaka and burial arrangements would be announced later.
Lilly was in a BMW vehicle which overturned along Great East Road in Lusaka, killing Yoram instantly while two others, Vincent Chishala, the driver and John Nkuwa survived with minor injuries in the early hours of June 9, 2012.