- ECZ sets December 17, 18 and 19, 2014 as nomination dates for the 20th January,2015 presidential by electionPosted 2 days ago
- Late President Sata’s widow Dr Christine Kaseba has filed in her nomination to contest for the PF PresidencyPosted 2 days ago
- Edgar Lungu Successfully Files as PF Presidential CandidatePosted 2 days ago
- “Suspension” of Nevers Mumba Total Madness says Raphael NakacindaPosted 2 days ago
- 20th of January 2015 set as poll day in presidential by-electionPosted 2 days ago
- Mulenga Sata joins the race for the PF presidency and donates K40, 000 for general conventionPosted 3 days ago
- Zimbabwean national sentenced to 6 years imprisonment for unlawful possession of government trophyPosted 3 days ago
- Tanzanian national and Zambian arrested for trafficking in over 600 bundles of miraaPosted 3 days ago
- Adopt Nevers Mumba or MMD dies says Bowman LusamboPosted 3 days ago
- Bwezani Nafuti: Should Dr. Rupiah Banda return to active politics?Posted 3 days ago
BY’s daughter Lilly dies
- Updated: July 12, 2012
FORMER Defence minister Benjamin Mwila’s daughter Lilly 27, died at Victoria Hospital in Lusaka around 05:00 hours today. Lilly was involved in a road traffic accident on 9th June,2012 with her brother Yorum who died on spot.
She was admitted at the University Teaching Hospital (UTH)’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in a critical condition before she was eventually evacuated to South Africa’s Morningside Clinic on June 18, 2012 for specialist treatment because of the head injuries she sustained in the accident. She was brought back to Zambia over the weekend and admitted
A family spokesperson confirmed Lilly’s death in Lusaka today. “I can confirm that Lilly Mwila passed away this morning at Victoria Hospital from injuries she sustained in the car accident that claimed her brother, Yoram Kasuba Mwila’s life. She was in a coma from the day of the tragic accident” he spokesperson said.
Funeral is being held at House Number 15 Nalubutu road off Addis Ababa Drive in Lusaka and burial arrangements would be announced later.
Lilly was in a BMW vehicle which overturned along Great East Road in Lusaka, killing Yoram instantly while two others, Vincent Chishala, the driver and John Nkuwa survived with minor injuries in the early hours of June 9, 2012.