- Michael Chilufya Sata Bridge commissioned in ChiawaPosted 10 hours ago
- Revelations by Chikwanda is a serious national security concern says UPNDPosted 1 day ago
- Donnie McClurkin concert postponedPosted 1 day ago
- Lusaka City Council starts delimitation exercise of Constituencies into Ward and Polling Districts in LusakaPosted 1 day ago
- MMD to undergo massive reorganization process says Nevers MumbaPosted 2 days ago
- Daliso Mweene sets up business in her kitchen to share Zambian tastes for the United Kingdom marketPosted 2 days ago
- DEC arrests a 30 year old woman for drug traffickingPosted 2 days ago
- Government lifts ban on hunting in 19 hunting blocksPosted 2 days ago
- Zambezi West poll to go aheadPosted 2 days ago
- Ndola girl aged 10 years old, gives birth to a baby boy, recoveringPosted 2 days ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.