- Zesco United F.C shifts its remaining fixtures to Ndola Trade Fair groundsPosted 10 hours ago
- US Peace Corps Volunteer Jailed in ChipataPosted 10 hours ago
- Two Suspended Judges Again seek Court intervention to Block Judge Chikopa Tribunal SittingsPosted 13 hours ago
- New UNHCR Representative for Zambia Assumes OfficePosted 14 hours ago
- Explain The Removal of Subsidies on Maize and Fuel To Our People, Sata Tells MinistersPosted 15 hours ago
- Two Multi-Choice Zambia Staff Die In Chibombo AccidentPosted 18 hours ago
- Bishop describes dressing styles among Zambians as disgracefulPosted 19 hours ago
- Proflight Zambia Flies Orphaned Hippo To SafetyPosted 19 hours ago
- President Sata Reiterates Government’s Subsidies RemovalPosted 20 hours ago
- Nkana beat Nchanga to stay top of the MTN/FAZ Super League standingsPosted 2 days ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.