- MMD finally adopts Rupiah Banda as its Presidential candidate in the forth coming by-electionPosted 9 hours ago
- Former President Rupiah Banda expected to address the press this morningPosted 11 hours ago
- Zambian Government wage bill balloons from K824.3 Million in September, 2014 to over K1 Billion in October, 2014.Posted 1 day ago
- Strong Zambia calls for vibrant local film industryPosted 1 day ago
- Drug Enforcement Commission in Eastern Province arrests two women of Lusaka for trafficking in miraaPosted 1 day ago
- Fuel prices reduced by Energy Regulation BoardPosted 1 day ago
- Patriotic Front Central Committee members unreservedly apologize to Dr ScottPosted 1 day ago
- Information PS Chanda Kasolo condemns ZNBC board for going public on newsroom staff harrassmentPosted 2 days ago
- Zambians flock towards convenient bank cardsPosted 2 days ago
- Acting President Guy Scott swears in Four High Court JudgesPosted 2 days ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.