- Zambia assents to agreements to secure elephantsPosted 2 days ago
- Lusaka man defiles and strangles two year old daughterPosted 2 days ago
- Parliament mourns Dr ChikusuPosted 2 days ago
- Police officer dies in hijacked car accidentPosted 2 days ago
- Government Strikes as over 100 nurses fired at UTHPosted 2 days ago
- Pope appoints Fr Chisanga as Mansa BishopPosted 4 days ago
- Zambia beats BurundiPosted 4 days ago
- Rupiah Banda calls for unity among MMD membersPosted 4 days ago
- Elephants Killed by Toxic substances Reveal Alarming Innovation in Poaching, says ZAWAPosted 4 days ago
- Government mourns Luangwa Bridge accident victimsPosted 4 days ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.