- President Lungu has no solutions to the Zambia’s economic problems, says FDDPosted 3 hours ago
- GBV is both a health and a human rights concern, says Lucy JoycePosted 4 hours ago
- 21 year old woman arrested for allegedly defiling a 15 year old boy in NakondePosted 5 hours ago
- Zambian Actor Brings Hollywood to ZambiaPosted 5 hours ago
- Drug Enforcement Commission arrests five people for money launderingPosted 22 hours ago
- 162 cases of child sexual abuse survivors recorded at UTH in the month of OctoberPosted 22 hours ago
- RTSA convicts over 300 motorists for various road traffic offencesPosted 22 hours ago
- KCM closes Nchanga Underground Mine, 2500 people to lose jobsPosted 22 hours ago
- The sluggish world economy has affected the Kwacha says Chinese AmbassadorPosted 23 hours ago
- President Lungu to hold a press conference at State HousePosted 2 days ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.