- Air Namibia relocates operations to LusakaPosted 20 mins ago
- “Am Just saying with Mutinta Musokotwane-Chikopela,”-Dedication to Ya’llPosted 1 day ago
- Lusaka Fast Track court on Traffic offences convicts 44 motorists for various traffic offencesPosted 1 day ago
- President Michael Sata swears in Attorney General Musa Mwenye and Solicitor General Abraham MwansaPosted 1 day ago
- Luapula Province Permanent Secretary Kasolo hails $200million road worksPosted 2 days ago
- Nevers Mumba says MMD will bring a new style of politics in ZambiaPosted 2 days ago
- Horny Bishop from holy fire ministries charged with indecent assaultPosted 2 days ago
- Dr Mumba confers with Mwata, stresses the need to preserve culturePosted 4 days ago
- Lusaka Man attempts to commit suicide after using company money in a failed money multiplication dealPosted 6 days ago
- ZAMBEEF director urges graduates to become entrepreneursPosted 6 days ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.