- Violent Wife Loses MarriagePosted 7 hours ago
- Government acknowledges the power of the media in influencing policy and public opinion, says Miles SampaPosted 7 hours ago
- Breastfeeding is a Panacea for Child Mortality says CSO-SUNPosted 7 hours ago
- Zambia National Farmers Union Signs MoU with EUPosted 8 hours ago
- Write A Strong Business Plan to get Funding, says Nyamuka ExpertsPosted 1 day ago
- Lusaka show-goers scramble for natural sex boosters from “Dr” ZimbaPosted 1 day ago
- CBU students should get back to learning says Chishimba KambwiliPosted 1 day ago
- It is utmost disgust to suspend ZNBC’s union leader Martin Maseka by Mr. KambwiliPosted 1 day ago
- Collaborate with Government and business entities, Chitotela urges youthsPosted 3 days ago
- KCM is not closing Nchanga Underground minePosted 3 days ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.