- Three people arrested by Drug Enforcement Commission in Lusaka for trafficking in more than 300 kg of cannabisPosted 3 days ago
- Japan gives Zambia K10 m for expanding cold chainPosted 5 days ago
- Man, 26, commits suicide by hanging himself in Muchinga ProvincePosted 5 days ago
- European Union Ambassador Gilles Hervio meets ShamendaPosted 5 days ago
- Latest Vacancy: Information Specialist at US Embassy in Lusaka, ZambiaPosted 5 days ago
- DEC arrests Lusaka businessman for drug traffickingPosted 6 days ago
- Resa and Mira fall firstPosted 6 days ago
- Government says projected growth prospect for next year are attainablePosted 1 week ago
- Major investors applaud Zambia’s operating environment, pledge expansionPosted 1 week ago
- Bank of Zambia Governor named Central Bank Governor of the yearPosted 1 week ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.