- Power outage Paralyzes University Teaching Hospital, Kenneth Kaunda International Airport in LusakaPosted 4 hours ago
- Zambia Suffers Nationwide Power OutagePosted 5 hours ago
- Cabinet approves US$ 14 million loan for water and sanitation development in Western ProvincePosted 20 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu expected in ZimbabwePosted 21 hours ago
- Cabinet Approves Bill to repeal the 1994 Companies ActPosted 22 hours ago
- Malawian Dies in Xenophobic Attacks, Lilongwe Evacuates 532 Stranded NationalsPosted 1 day ago
- Chishimba Kambwili Dissolves Zambia Daily Mail, Times of Zambia Boards, Fires Managing DirectorsPosted 4 days ago
- 2 Chinese Businessmen and 1 Zambian who allegedly cloned visa cards and unlawfully withdrew money from bank accounts arrestedPosted 4 days ago
- Dora Siliya announces intentions to re-contest Petauke Parliamentary seatPosted 4 days ago
- KCM gives uniforms to Nampundwe rural pre-schoolsPosted 5 days ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.