- The Rotaract Club of Lusaka Presents: The Annual Anti-Valentines GigPosted 2 days ago
- Teenage girl commits suicide after getting pregnantPosted 2 days ago
- Those calling for an MMD convention are being insincere, says Nevers MumbaPosted 2 days ago
- Zambia is not broke says Christopher MvungaPosted 2 days ago
- Kabwata flats come alive with HuaweiPosted 2 days ago
- Ghana and Zimbabwe students scoop top honours at DStv Eutelsat Star AwardsPosted 2 days ago
- Young Woman Raped and Killed in MufuliraPosted 3 days ago
- Kasama resident wins K25,000 in SMS LotteryPosted 3 days ago
- PAC to work with banks to empower women, Says Rosaline ChipashaPosted 3 days ago
- Minnie Dlamini, IK, Announced as Hosts for 2016 AMVCAsPosted 3 days ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.