- Unsafe Abortions in Zambia worry GovernmentPosted 27 mins ago
- 35 people killed in Easter weekend accidentsPosted 55 mins ago
- Dora and her team should leave MMD says Bowman LusamboPosted 20 hours ago
- President Sata mourns Dennis LiwewePosted 21 hours ago
- One child dies in bus accident on Ndola-Kapiri roadPosted 6 days ago
- Minister of Tourism and Arts Jean Kapata dissolves ZAWA BoardPosted 6 days ago
- Lusaka High Court throws out General Kanene’s application against convictionPosted 7 days ago
- DEC in Eastern Province has arrests six peasant farmers in Chief Chinunda’s area for unlawful cultivation of fresh cannabis plantsPosted 1 week ago
- 22 year old female Israeli national arrested for trafficking in cannabisPosted 1 week ago
- Continent’s energy and water leaders join forces to discuss challenges and celebrate successes at annual African Utility Week in Cape Town in MayPosted 1 week ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.