- Chanda Mfula resigns as Media and Publicity Director of the Patriotic FrontPosted 2 days ago
- Kabimba hurt a lot of people says Davies ChamaPosted 2 days ago
- Dot Com Zambia Partners with Zoona to create a payment platform for online shoppingPosted 2 days ago
- State House counsels Brig. Gen. MiyandaPosted 2 days ago
- RTSA caution all road users against lawlessness during Kulamba and Likumbi Lya Mize traditional ceremoniesPosted 3 days ago
- Proflight halves its fares for kidsPosted 4 days ago
- President Sata fires Wynter KabimbaPosted 4 days ago
- President Michael Sata has a mandate to govern Zambia up to 2016 and possibly beyond says Inonge WinaPosted 4 days ago
- Botswana blocks trucks from Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) following reports of Ebola outbreak in DRCPosted 4 days ago
- Atlas Mara Completes BancABC AcquisitionPosted 5 days ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.