- President Edgar Lungu directs changes to 2015 Mineral Royalty TaxPosted 2 days ago
- Proflight Zambia reintroduces its popular 50-seater CRJ-100 aircraft on domestic routes in ZambiaPosted 3 days ago
- President Lungu Mourns Willie NsandaPosted 3 days ago
- RDA fires Bernand Chiwala as Chief Executive OfficerPosted 4 days ago
- DEC arrests 30 people for unlawful cultivation and trafficking in various quantities of cannabisPosted 4 days ago
- Willie Nsanda; the Businessman, the Politician and the OrganiserPosted 4 days ago
- Japan gives USD 1.5 million to refugee and local integration programmes in ZambiaPosted 4 days ago
- Willie Nsanda Dies at Milpark Hospital in JohannesburgPosted 4 days ago
- Swedish Health Care Delegation Visit to ZambiaPosted 4 days ago
- Government starts to build 26 blocks of hostels at the University of Zambia at a cost of K 513 millionPosted 4 days ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.