- Cyclist Allen Namukamba rides from Siavonga to Chipata for Climate JusticePosted 11 hours ago
- Konkola Copper Mine cuts 148 jobsPosted 3 days ago
- UPND is not against the call for the national day of fasting and prayer says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 3 days ago
- Twin palm bike club act on climate changePosted 3 days ago
- RTSA apologizes to all driver license applicantsPosted 3 days ago
- South African farmers plan USD$100 million annual investment in ZambiaPosted 3 days ago
- Hakainde Hichilema says he will not attend National Day of Fasting and Prayer, Event is mockery to GodPosted 3 days ago
- Judy Siyambango wins K 250,000 from Nyamuka Zambia business plan competitionPosted 4 days ago
- Dot Com Zambia urges business houses to utilize social mediaPosted 4 days ago
- Lwandamina names squad for Egypt and MozambiquePosted 4 days ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.