- ZAMBEEF value chain savings passed on to consumersPosted 3 days ago
- United States Ambassador to Zambia Eric Schultz visits Konkola Copper Mines (KCM)Posted 4 days ago
- PMRC calls for extensive review of SI No 63 on the increment of the retirement age in ZambiaPosted 4 days ago
- Drug Enforcement Commission arrests Lusaka man for trafficking in cocainePosted 4 days ago
- ZAMBEEF had a turnover of US$279 million in 2014Posted 5 days ago
- Proflight plane tickets now available at ShopritePosted 5 days ago
- Nepotism is rife in the Zambian Civil Service says President Edgar LunguPosted 5 days ago
- Anti- Corruption Commission arrests ZRA officer for corrupt practicesPosted 5 days ago
- The reduction in the price of mealie-meal is not adequate says Zambia Council for Social DevelopmentPosted 6 days ago
- State House Instructs Emmanuel Chilekwa to stop using President Edgar Lungu’s namePosted 6 days ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.