- Investigations against Dangote have not yet started says ACCPosted 2 hours ago
- Zambia Investment Conference set for DecemberPosted 3 hours ago
- Zampalm could save millions in cooking oil importsPosted 3 hours ago
- Ambassador Mumba S. Kapumpa, presents credentials to Korean president, Park Geun-HuePosted 4 hours ago
- Livingstone town clerk arrestedPosted 23 hours ago
- Girl 7, defiled by boy aged 12 in Muchinga ProvincePosted 23 hours ago
- Sichilongo set freePosted 1 day ago
- President Michael Sata arrives in New YorkPosted 2 days ago
- Kaputa road accident claims four livesPosted 3 days ago
- Chinese investment in Zambia hits over US$2bn says EnvoyPosted 3 days ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.