- President Lungu Appoints 14 District CommissionersPosted 13 hours ago
- President Lungu is failing to give the PF any identity alleges Chilufya TayaliPosted 18 hours ago
- Hakainde Hichilema opposes the lifting of the ban on the hunting of leopards and lionsPosted 19 hours ago
- KK Releases Zambia from all Curses, Pronounces BlessingsPosted 20 hours ago
- British national fined K10, 000 for unlawful stayPosted 5 days ago
- PF wants constitution that suits them only charges UPNDPosted 5 days ago
- PF government is abusing its workforce says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 5 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu Appoints Inonge Wina as PF Vice PresidentPosted 6 days ago
- Oasis Forum rejects enactment of the new constitution in a piecemeal mannerPosted 6 days ago
- DNA Equipment Commissioned by GovernmentPosted 6 days ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.