- Cabinet asks Dr. Guy Scott to resignPosted 1 day ago
- Guy Scott refuses to resignPosted 1 day ago
- Rupiah Banda receives a thunderous welcome in KasamaPosted 5 days ago
- MMD Shall Unite and Prevail says Rupiah BandaPosted 1 week ago
- Edgar Lungu meets with President Robert MugabePosted 1 week ago
- Zambian Amethysts create 100 good deeds braceletPosted 1 week ago
- Disclosure of Funding for Political CampaignsPosted 1 week ago
- Two arrested for illegal trading and unlawful possession of over 700 logs of the Mukula treePosted 1 week ago
- Hakainde Hichilema bemoans poverty levels in NakondePosted 1 week ago
- We will not use public resources says Patriotic FrontPosted 1 week ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.