- UPND as a party is growing and is on course-Hakainde HichilemaPosted 5 mins ago
- Pilato says ZESCO is a disgrace over power cutsPosted 50 mins ago
- PF has resorted to using guns against defenseless citizens-UPNDPosted 50 mins ago
- Police arrest 19 UPND cadres in MulobeziPosted 19 hours ago
- Voting going on peacefully in Mulobezi, Malambo and PetaukePosted 22 hours ago
- Nawakwi’s statement is fill distortions and malice-PFPosted 1 day ago
- Building of transit homes is a sign of misplaced priorities-MMDPosted 1 day ago
- Term of the Presidency is tied to the life of Parliament-Peter SinkambaPosted 1 day ago
- Toyota Tsusho, Amatheon Agri Group to partner on US$10 million agro project in ZambiaPosted 1 day ago
- Voting has started in Petauke, Malambo, Mulobezi ConstituenciesPosted 1 day ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.