- President Lungu makes changes at Permanent Secretary levelPosted 10 hours ago
- Supersport signs deal with FAZ to broadcast the Zambian Premier league for another 5 yearsPosted 15 hours ago
- Multichoice hosts Africa’s biggest content showcasePosted 21 hours ago
- DEC arrests 13 year old boy for being in possession of paper or implements for forgery.Posted 21 hours ago
- Police appeal to all political parties to abide by the provisions of the public order ActPosted 22 hours ago
- UNZA Students Riot Over ResultsPosted 22 hours ago
- President Lungu Appoints New District CommissionersPosted 1 day ago
- Zambian National Amanda Sibeso Wamunyima wins Ms. America titlePosted 2 days ago
- Proflight to launch direct flights to DurbanPosted 2 days ago
- Leadership is not about money says Chanda KabwePosted 2 days ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.