- Kabwe man arrested for defiling sick daughter in hospital toiletPosted 15 hours ago
- Zambia and Shoprite pledge to support EntrepreneursPosted 19 hours ago
- BancABC Awarded Fastest Growing Retail Bank in Zambia by the Global Banking and Finance ReviewPosted 20 hours ago
- Major-General David Muma is the new Zambia Airforce (ZAF) Deputy CommanderPosted 21 hours ago
- BancABC Registration of Suppliers for Goods and Services for the 2015/2016Posted 22 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu leaves for Addis AbabaPosted 23 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu takes Health Checks, transfers power to Inonge WinaPosted 2 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu fires Attorney-General Mr. Musa MwenyePosted 2 days ago
- President Edgar Lungu recognises Henry Kanyanta Sosala as Paramount Chief ChitimukuluPosted 2 days ago
- United States congratulates Zambia for upholding democracyPosted 4 days ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.