- Vice-president Scott holds bilateral talks with Scotland ministerPosted 10 hours ago
- Former President Rupiah Banda visits Kazimu SataPosted 1 day ago
- President Michael Sata visits Kazimu Sata in South AfricaPosted 3 days ago
- “Am Just saying with Mutinta Musokotwane-Chikopela,” Chats with My Boys – My two cents worth (Part Two)Posted 6 days ago
- Patricia Mwashingwele and others join UPNDPosted 1 week ago
- Father Frank Bwalya acquitted in the “Chumbu Munshololwa” casePosted 1 week ago
- External forces responsible for Africa’s instability says KabimbaPosted 1 week ago
- Zambia to take part in the four-nation Africa Cup Under-19 Group B rugby tournament in UgandaPosted 1 week ago
- Emirates Celebrates with 2014 FIFA World Cup Winner GermanyPosted 1 week ago
- Lusaka City Council starts to pull down offensive Penis enlargement postersPosted 1 week ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.