- ZPPA director testifies in Masebo TribunalPosted 2 days ago
- Immigration Department Arrests 56 Zimbabwean women, 3 Egyptian carpet tradersPosted 4 days ago
- The International Women’s Club Donates K 263,000 to 29 organisations in ZambiaPosted 4 days ago
- Police disperse Luvales in Zambezi protesting over education curriculumPosted 4 days ago
- UK hails Kaseba for her role in girls and women’s welfarePosted 4 days ago
- Headman impregnates daughterPosted 4 days ago
- Zambia records K283 million trade surplusPosted 2 weeks ago
- Parliament ratifies two Supreme Court Judges and Five High Court JudgesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Kwacha fails to recover before February endsPosted 2 weeks ago
- Opposition MPs’ conduct is disorderly and not permitted by our Constitution says SpeakerPosted 2 weeks ago
President Sata creates two new districts of Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
- Updated: July 9, 2012
President Michael Sata has with immediate effect created two more districts in Central and Lusaka Province respectively. The newly established districts are Rufunsa and Sibuyunji.
“…Would you please as a matter of urgency and in consultation with other stakeholders, let me know the area where you intend to build the district headquarters,” read the excerpt from President Sata’s letter
to the provincial ministers responsible.
This is according to a press statement released by President Sata’s special assistant for press and public relations George Chellah in Lusaka today.
President Sata has established the districts in line with his promise to decentralise government operations for the effective and efficient delivery of services to the people.
Mr Sata directed the two ministers to liase with all stakeholders, political parties and the traditional leadership for the smooth running of their respective provinces.