- Young Woman Raped and Killed in MufuliraPosted 12 hours ago
- Kasama resident wins K25,000 in SMS LotteryPosted 12 hours ago
- PAC to work with banks to empower women, Says Rosaline ChipashaPosted 12 hours ago
- Minnie Dlamini, IK, Announced as Hosts for 2016 AMVCAsPosted 15 hours ago
- Government partners with mining houses to devise consistent sector policiesPosted 15 hours ago
- ZCCM-IH Announces Ambitious Diversification PlanPosted 1 day ago
- Supreme Court throws out Mutembo’s Petition to Stop TribunalPosted 1 day ago
- RTSA normalizes the printing of Drivers Licence CardsPosted 1 day ago
- Lusaka High Court stays the decision to deregister Miles Sampa’s Democratic FrontPosted 1 day ago
- Four people die in Kabwe Road Traffic AccidentPosted 2 days ago
Ecobank, Airtel launch mobile money banking system
- Updated: June 7, 2012
Ecobank and Airtel have launched a mobile money banking system that will allow customers who have bank accounts with Airtel and Ecobank to do banking transactions using mobile phones.
The mobile money banking system is dubbed “Ecobank Mobile with Airtel Money”.
Speaking during the lunch in Lusaka, Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry Acting Permanent Secretary Albert Muchanga reaffirmed government’s commitment to provide and create a conducive environment for the growth of the private sector in the country.
Ambassador Muchanga disclosed that it was government’s resolve to create an enabling business environment in the country. He said this is why government is coming up with policies that are
business friendly and revising those that are no longer compatible with the changing times where business climate is assured.
He further explained that it was for this reason that the partnership between Ecobank and Airtel is a testimony of the two unrelated companies to come together to provide the Zambian public with
innovative products and services that are purely aimed at enhancing the lives of general public.
Mr. Muchanga added that in the past, there seem to be no link between banking and telecommunication hence the partnership between the two companies will address a twofold need which is access to finance and communication-ZANIS