- Pope Francis receives credentials from Zambia Vatican AmbassadorPosted 11 hours ago
- Richard Sakala, Macdonald Chipenzi arrested and formally chargedPosted 12 hours ago
- Liato acquittedPosted 13 hours ago
- Mother kills three own kids in Western provincePosted 1 day ago
- Emirates Announces New Country Manager for ZambiaPosted 1 day ago
- Proflight Zambia unveils new staff uniformsPosted 1 day ago
- Shikapwasha’s case adjourned to February 5, 2014Posted 1 day ago
- DEC nabs Somali national for trafficking in miraaPosted 1 day ago
- Sata urges ILO to find solutions to unemploymentPosted 1 day ago
- Supreme Court should nullify the entire 2011 electoral process says HHPosted 2 days ago
Ecobank, Airtel launch mobile money banking system
- Updated: June 7, 2012
Ecobank and Airtel have launched a mobile money banking system that will allow customers who have bank accounts with Airtel and Ecobank to do banking transactions using mobile phones.
The mobile money banking system is dubbed “Ecobank Mobile with Airtel Money”.
Speaking during the lunch in Lusaka, Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry Acting Permanent Secretary Albert Muchanga reaffirmed government’s commitment to provide and create a conducive environment for the growth of the private sector in the country.
Ambassador Muchanga disclosed that it was government’s resolve to create an enabling business environment in the country. He said this is why government is coming up with policies that are
business friendly and revising those that are no longer compatible with the changing times where business climate is assured.
He further explained that it was for this reason that the partnership between Ecobank and Airtel is a testimony of the two unrelated companies to come together to provide the Zambian public with
innovative products and services that are purely aimed at enhancing the lives of general public.
Mr. Muchanga added that in the past, there seem to be no link between banking and telecommunication hence the partnership between the two companies will address a twofold need which is access to finance and communication-ZANIS