- Malawian Dies in Xenophobic Attacks, Lilongwe Evacuates 532 Stranded NationalsPosted 7 hours ago
- Chishimba Kambwili Dissolves Zambia Daily Mail, Times of Zambia Boards, Fires Managing DirectorsPosted 3 days ago
- 2 Chinese Businessmen and 1 Zambian who allegedly cloned visa cards and unlawfully withdrew money from bank accounts arrestedPosted 3 days ago
- Dora Siliya announces intentions to re-contest Petauke Parliamentary seatPosted 3 days ago
- KCM gives uniforms to Nampundwe rural pre-schoolsPosted 4 days ago
- Zambia Breweries to open K224 million malting plant in the LusakaPosted 4 days ago
- Hakainde Hichilema urges Zambians to register as votersPosted 4 days ago
- DEC arrests an Australian National and two Zambians for unlawful cultivation of fresh cannabis plants weighing over 20kg.Posted 4 days ago
- Muvi TV Journalist and three Germany Nationals killed in a road accidentPosted 5 days ago
- Dora Siliya bemoans high defilement cases being reported at the University Teaching Hospital (UTH)Posted 5 days ago
Ecobank, Airtel launch mobile money banking system
- Updated: June 7, 2012
Ecobank and Airtel have launched a mobile money banking system that will allow customers who have bank accounts with Airtel and Ecobank to do banking transactions using mobile phones.
The mobile money banking system is dubbed “Ecobank Mobile with Airtel Money”.
Speaking during the lunch in Lusaka, Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry Acting Permanent Secretary Albert Muchanga reaffirmed government’s commitment to provide and create a conducive environment for the growth of the private sector in the country.
Ambassador Muchanga disclosed that it was government’s resolve to create an enabling business environment in the country. He said this is why government is coming up with policies that are
business friendly and revising those that are no longer compatible with the changing times where business climate is assured.
He further explained that it was for this reason that the partnership between Ecobank and Airtel is a testimony of the two unrelated companies to come together to provide the Zambian public with
innovative products and services that are purely aimed at enhancing the lives of general public.
Mr. Muchanga added that in the past, there seem to be no link between banking and telecommunication hence the partnership between the two companies will address a twofold need which is access to finance and communication-ZANIS