- HH is the best candidate says Choma BusinessmanPosted 3 hours ago
- The Absurdity of the Nevers Mumba Versus Rupiah Banda SagaPosted 3 hours ago
- Vote Luyando Haangala for Social Media Personality of the YearPosted 4 hours ago
- Woman aged 22 brutally murdered in KitwePosted 4 hours ago
- PF Central Committee,Guy Scott agree to a meetingPosted 5 hours ago
- Suspension of Guy Scott is not only illegal, but is also null and void says PF SG Bridget AtangaPosted 3 days ago
- ECZ sets December 17, 18 and 19, 2014 as nomination dates for the 20th January,2015 presidential by electionPosted 5 days ago
- Late President Sata’s widow Dr Christine Kaseba has filed in her nomination to contest for the PF PresidencyPosted 5 days ago
- Edgar Lungu Successfully Files as PF Presidential CandidatePosted 5 days ago
- “Suspension” of Nevers Mumba Total Madness says Raphael NakacindaPosted 5 days ago
Ecobank, Airtel launch mobile money banking system
- Updated: June 7, 2012
Ecobank and Airtel have launched a mobile money banking system that will allow customers who have bank accounts with Airtel and Ecobank to do banking transactions using mobile phones.
The mobile money banking system is dubbed “Ecobank Mobile with Airtel Money”.
Speaking during the lunch in Lusaka, Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry Acting Permanent Secretary Albert Muchanga reaffirmed government’s commitment to provide and create a conducive environment for the growth of the private sector in the country.
Ambassador Muchanga disclosed that it was government’s resolve to create an enabling business environment in the country. He said this is why government is coming up with policies that are
business friendly and revising those that are no longer compatible with the changing times where business climate is assured.
He further explained that it was for this reason that the partnership between Ecobank and Airtel is a testimony of the two unrelated companies to come together to provide the Zambian public with
innovative products and services that are purely aimed at enhancing the lives of general public.
Mr. Muchanga added that in the past, there seem to be no link between banking and telecommunication hence the partnership between the two companies will address a twofold need which is access to finance and communication-ZANIS