- Edgar Lungu holds rally in KabwePosted 19 hours ago
- Cosmo Mumba withdraws from presidential racePosted 23 hours ago
- Nevers Mumba files in presidential nomination paperPosted 2 days ago
- Edgar Lungu files inPosted 2 days ago
- Cabinet asks Dr. Guy Scott to resignPosted 5 days ago
- Guy Scott refuses to resignPosted 5 days ago
- Rupiah Banda receives a thunderous welcome in KasamaPosted 1 week ago
- MMD Shall Unite and Prevail says Rupiah BandaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Edgar Lungu meets with President Robert MugabePosted 2 weeks ago
- Zambian Amethysts create 100 good deeds braceletPosted 2 weeks ago
Ecobank, Airtel launch mobile money banking system
- Updated: June 7, 2012
Ecobank and Airtel have launched a mobile money banking system that will allow customers who have bank accounts with Airtel and Ecobank to do banking transactions using mobile phones.
The mobile money banking system is dubbed “Ecobank Mobile with Airtel Money”.
Speaking during the lunch in Lusaka, Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry Acting Permanent Secretary Albert Muchanga reaffirmed government’s commitment to provide and create a conducive environment for the growth of the private sector in the country.
Ambassador Muchanga disclosed that it was government’s resolve to create an enabling business environment in the country. He said this is why government is coming up with policies that are
business friendly and revising those that are no longer compatible with the changing times where business climate is assured.
He further explained that it was for this reason that the partnership between Ecobank and Airtel is a testimony of the two unrelated companies to come together to provide the Zambian public with
innovative products and services that are purely aimed at enhancing the lives of general public.
Mr. Muchanga added that in the past, there seem to be no link between banking and telecommunication hence the partnership between the two companies will address a twofold need which is access to finance and communication-ZANIS