- One child dies in bus accident on Ndola-Kapiri roadPosted 2 days ago
- Minister of Tourism and Arts Jean Kapata dissolves ZAWA BoardPosted 3 days ago
- Lusaka High Court throws out General Kanene’s application against convictionPosted 3 days ago
- DEC in Eastern Province has arrests six peasant farmers in Chief Chinunda’s area for unlawful cultivation of fresh cannabis plantsPosted 4 days ago
- 22 year old female Israeli national arrested for trafficking in cannabisPosted 4 days ago
- Continent’s energy and water leaders join forces to discuss challenges and celebrate successes at annual African Utility Week in Cape Town in MayPosted 4 days ago
- Cost of living goes up says JCTRPosted 4 days ago
- Eight people die on the spot in a bus and truck head on collision in PembaPosted 4 days ago
- 9 months old baby dies in an inferno in Lusaka, police sayPosted 4 days ago
- Fastjet to introduce a third flight from Dar es Salaam to LusakaPosted 5 days ago
Ecobank, Airtel launch mobile money banking system
- Updated: June 7, 2012
Ecobank and Airtel have launched a mobile money banking system that will allow customers who have bank accounts with Airtel and Ecobank to do banking transactions using mobile phones.
The mobile money banking system is dubbed “Ecobank Mobile with Airtel Money”.
Speaking during the lunch in Lusaka, Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry Acting Permanent Secretary Albert Muchanga reaffirmed government’s commitment to provide and create a conducive environment for the growth of the private sector in the country.
Ambassador Muchanga disclosed that it was government’s resolve to create an enabling business environment in the country. He said this is why government is coming up with policies that are
business friendly and revising those that are no longer compatible with the changing times where business climate is assured.
He further explained that it was for this reason that the partnership between Ecobank and Airtel is a testimony of the two unrelated companies to come together to provide the Zambian public with
innovative products and services that are purely aimed at enhancing the lives of general public.
Mr. Muchanga added that in the past, there seem to be no link between banking and telecommunication hence the partnership between the two companies will address a twofold need which is access to finance and communication-ZANIS