- Lusaka City Council disappointed with some sections of society trying to frustrate Council’s efforts in the relocating of street vendorsPosted 2 hours ago
- DEC arrests a 29 year old businesswoman of Lusaka for trafficking in cocainePosted 4 hours ago
- Zambian investment opportunities promoted in New MexicoPosted 6 hours ago
- Zambia Postal Services driver dies in road traffic accident in KalomoPosted 7 hours ago
- DEC arrests peasant farmer for trafficking in loose cannabis weighing 13.7 kgPosted 1 day ago
- Zambia appeals for human capital infrastructure support for newly constructed universitiesPosted 1 day ago
- ZAWA takes over MundawangaPosted 1 day ago
- Emirates and Angola announce strategic airline partnership in respect of TAAG Linhas Aéreas De AngolaPosted 1 day ago
- Banks must provide safe and secure transactions for businesses says Paul RichardsPosted 3 days ago
- Steven Masumba sentenced to 12 months imprisonmentPosted 3 days ago
Ecobank, Airtel launch mobile money banking system
- Updated: June 7, 2012
Ecobank and Airtel have launched a mobile money banking system that will allow customers who have bank accounts with Airtel and Ecobank to do banking transactions using mobile phones.
The mobile money banking system is dubbed “Ecobank Mobile with Airtel Money”.
Speaking during the lunch in Lusaka, Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry Acting Permanent Secretary Albert Muchanga reaffirmed government’s commitment to provide and create a conducive environment for the growth of the private sector in the country.
Ambassador Muchanga disclosed that it was government’s resolve to create an enabling business environment in the country. He said this is why government is coming up with policies that are
business friendly and revising those that are no longer compatible with the changing times where business climate is assured.
He further explained that it was for this reason that the partnership between Ecobank and Airtel is a testimony of the two unrelated companies to come together to provide the Zambian public with
innovative products and services that are purely aimed at enhancing the lives of general public.
Mr. Muchanga added that in the past, there seem to be no link between banking and telecommunication hence the partnership between the two companies will address a twofold need which is access to finance and communication-ZANIS