- BancABC mourns President SataPosted 2 days ago
- President Sata’s Remains Arrive Saturday, 1st November, 2014 at 10:00 HoursPosted 2 days ago
- MISA Zambia learns with deep sorrow about the death of President SataPosted 3 days ago
- Late President Michael Sata should be mourned with dignity and honour says Rupiah Bwezani BandaPosted 3 days ago
- The Cobra Who Charmed a Nation: The Life and Times of Michael Chilufya SataPosted 3 days ago
- Zambian Government Confirms the Death of President Sata in LondonPosted 3 days ago
- Police in Mansa arrest 32 people for riotous behaviorPosted 4 days ago
- Zambians in the USA celebrates Golden JubileePosted 4 days ago
- Jubilee celebrations end tragically with suspected drowning of 21 pupils in ChomaPosted 1 week ago
- Acting Republican President Lungu leads in celebrating golden jubileePosted 1 week ago
Ecobank, Airtel launch mobile money banking system
- Updated: June 7, 2012
Ecobank and Airtel have launched a mobile money banking system that will allow customers who have bank accounts with Airtel and Ecobank to do banking transactions using mobile phones.
The mobile money banking system is dubbed “Ecobank Mobile with Airtel Money”.
Speaking during the lunch in Lusaka, Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry Acting Permanent Secretary Albert Muchanga reaffirmed government’s commitment to provide and create a conducive environment for the growth of the private sector in the country.
Ambassador Muchanga disclosed that it was government’s resolve to create an enabling business environment in the country. He said this is why government is coming up with policies that are
business friendly and revising those that are no longer compatible with the changing times where business climate is assured.
He further explained that it was for this reason that the partnership between Ecobank and Airtel is a testimony of the two unrelated companies to come together to provide the Zambian public with
innovative products and services that are purely aimed at enhancing the lives of general public.
Mr. Muchanga added that in the past, there seem to be no link between banking and telecommunication hence the partnership between the two companies will address a twofold need which is access to finance and communication-ZANIS