- Latest Vacancy: Administrative Assistant at the Embassy of Sweden in Lusaka, ZambiaPosted 2 days ago
- Latest Vacancy- Programme Coordinator -Adolescent Girls Initiative at the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) ZambiaPosted 2 days ago
- President Sata goes for medical check- up abroad says State HousePosted 4 days ago
- Three people arrested by Drug Enforcement Commission in Lusaka for trafficking in more than 300 kg of cannabisPosted 1 week ago
- Japan gives Zambia K10 m for expanding cold chainPosted 1 week ago
- Man, 26, commits suicide by hanging himself in Muchinga ProvincePosted 1 week ago
- European Union Ambassador Gilles Hervio meets ShamendaPosted 1 week ago
- Latest Vacancy: Information Specialist at US Embassy in Lusaka, ZambiaPosted 1 week ago
- DEC arrests Lusaka businessman for drug traffickingPosted 1 week ago
- Resa and Mira fall firstPosted 1 week ago
Ecobank, Airtel launch mobile money banking system
- Updated: June 7, 2012
Ecobank and Airtel have launched a mobile money banking system that will allow customers who have bank accounts with Airtel and Ecobank to do banking transactions using mobile phones.
The mobile money banking system is dubbed “Ecobank Mobile with Airtel Money”.
Speaking during the lunch in Lusaka, Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry Acting Permanent Secretary Albert Muchanga reaffirmed government’s commitment to provide and create a conducive environment for the growth of the private sector in the country.
Ambassador Muchanga disclosed that it was government’s resolve to create an enabling business environment in the country. He said this is why government is coming up with policies that are
business friendly and revising those that are no longer compatible with the changing times where business climate is assured.
He further explained that it was for this reason that the partnership between Ecobank and Airtel is a testimony of the two unrelated companies to come together to provide the Zambian public with
innovative products and services that are purely aimed at enhancing the lives of general public.
Mr. Muchanga added that in the past, there seem to be no link between banking and telecommunication hence the partnership between the two companies will address a twofold need which is access to finance and communication-ZANIS