- Speech for President Sata at the opening of the fourth session of the eleventh National AssemblyPosted 12 hours ago
- President Sata opens fourth session of the eleventh National AssemblyPosted 14 hours ago
- Airports Company of South Africa keen to partner with ZambiaPosted 15 hours ago
- Eric T. Schultz named new United States Ambassador to ZambiaPosted 16 hours ago
- Chikwanda to present 2015 National Budget on October 10th, 2014Posted 16 hours ago
- Three killed in road carnage in Shiwang’andu DistrictPosted 16 hours ago
- President Sata to open parliament this morningPosted 16 hours ago
- Woman aged 23 arrested for having sex with a boy aged 15 at a guesthouse in ChipataPosted 1 day ago
- Zambia and Zimbabwe mobilise $280m for Kariba dam repairsPosted 1 day ago
- Magistrates Court fines 10 people over Mukula treePosted 2 days ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.