- MMD finally adopts Rupiah Banda as its Presidential candidate in the forth coming by-electionPosted 6 hours ago
- Former President Rupiah Banda expected to address the press this morningPosted 9 hours ago
- Zambian Government wage bill balloons from K824.3 Million in September, 2014 to over K1 Billion in October, 2014.Posted 1 day ago
- Strong Zambia calls for vibrant local film industryPosted 1 day ago
- Drug Enforcement Commission in Eastern Province arrests two women of Lusaka for trafficking in miraaPosted 1 day ago
- Fuel prices reduced by Energy Regulation BoardPosted 1 day ago
- Patriotic Front Central Committee members unreservedly apologize to Dr ScottPosted 1 day ago
- Information PS Chanda Kasolo condemns ZNBC board for going public on newsroom staff harrassmentPosted 2 days ago
- Zambians flock towards convenient bank cardsPosted 2 days ago
- Acting President Guy Scott swears in Four High Court JudgesPosted 2 days ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.