- Patrick Mucheleka loses his Parliamentary seatPosted 13 hours ago
- Fired!, Kwisa, I still have my job says Davies ChamaPosted 14 hours ago
- Sad day for media fraternity as ZNBC’s Queen Chungu Malama diesPosted 14 hours ago
- FODEP Requests Kasama, Solwezi By Elections to held on the Same DatePosted 19 hours ago
- Women for Change happy with the commitment towards endings child marriages by the MPsPosted 19 hours ago
- Speaker is Right on GBM says Chilufya TayaliPosted 19 hours ago
- The mounting debt under the PF government is worrying says JCTRPosted 2 days ago
- Entrepreneurs hold key to Economic Development, says Margaret MwanakatwePosted 2 days ago
- Zambia’s Health Sector to get an injection of US$ 5 million dollars from MatterPosted 2 days ago
- Probe Speaker Matibini, Over GBM cries YALIPosted 2 days ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.