- “Am Just saying with Mutinta Musokotwane-Chikopela,”-Dedication to Ya’llPosted 10 hours ago
- Lusaka Fast Track court on Traffic offences convicts 44 motorists for various traffic offencesPosted 11 hours ago
- President Michael Sata swears in Attorney General Musa Mwenye and Solicitor General Abraham MwansaPosted 13 hours ago
- Luapula Province Permanent Secretary Kasolo hails $200million road worksPosted 1 day ago
- Nevers Mumba says MMD will bring a new style of politics in ZambiaPosted 1 day ago
- Horny Bishop from holy fire ministries charged with indecent assaultPosted 1 day ago
- Dr Mumba confers with Mwata, stresses the need to preserve culturePosted 4 days ago
- Lusaka Man attempts to commit suicide after using company money in a failed money multiplication dealPosted 5 days ago
- ZAMBEEF director urges graduates to become entrepreneursPosted 5 days ago
- Police officer shoots dead his wifePosted 6 days ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.