- President Sata goes for medical check- up abroad says State HousePosted 20 hours ago
- Three people arrested by Drug Enforcement Commission in Lusaka for trafficking in more than 300 kg of cannabisPosted 4 days ago
- Japan gives Zambia K10 m for expanding cold chainPosted 6 days ago
- Man, 26, commits suicide by hanging himself in Muchinga ProvincePosted 6 days ago
- European Union Ambassador Gilles Hervio meets ShamendaPosted 6 days ago
- Latest Vacancy: Information Specialist at US Embassy in Lusaka, ZambiaPosted 6 days ago
- DEC arrests Lusaka businessman for drug traffickingPosted 7 days ago
- Resa and Mira fall firstPosted 1 week ago
- Government says projected growth prospect for next year are attainablePosted 1 week ago
- Major investors applaud Zambia’s operating environment, pledge expansionPosted 1 week ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.