- Ensure Prudent Financial Management of Public Resources, PMRC urges GovernmentPosted 16 hours ago
- Four Die in Kabwe Bus AccidentPosted 16 hours ago
- Chilufya Tayali is a Pathological Liar Says Patriotic FrontPosted 17 hours ago
- Chilufya Tayali is a discredited individual and a hired gun says Patriotic FrontPosted 18 hours ago
- Hakainde Hichilema tours George and Chunga Compounds in LusakaPosted 20 hours ago
- Proflight Provides Surprise Flight for Conservation StudentsPosted 24 hours ago
- President Lungu Appoints 14 District CommissionersPosted 2 days ago
- President Lungu is failing to give the PF any identity alleges Chilufya TayaliPosted 2 days ago
- Hakainde Hichilema opposes the lifting of the ban on the hunting of leopards and lionsPosted 2 days ago
- KK Releases Zambia from all Curses, Pronounces BlessingsPosted 2 days ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.