- ZAMBEEF’S K50,000 Draw Hits MutenderePosted 18 hours ago
- ZESCO awards contract for Lusaka power line upgrade worth USD200 million to AureconPosted 23 hours ago
- Former President Rupiah Banda loses brother in-lawPosted 1 day ago
- President Edgar Lungu directs changes to 2015 Mineral Royalty TaxPosted 6 days ago
- Proflight Zambia reintroduces its popular 50-seater CRJ-100 aircraft on domestic routes in ZambiaPosted 6 days ago
- President Lungu Mourns Willie NsandaPosted 6 days ago
- RDA fires Bernand Chiwala as Chief Executive OfficerPosted 7 days ago
- DEC arrests 30 people for unlawful cultivation and trafficking in various quantities of cannabisPosted 7 days ago
- Willie Nsanda; the Businessman, the Politician and the OrganiserPosted 7 days ago
- Japan gives USD 1.5 million to refugee and local integration programmes in ZambiaPosted 7 days ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.