- Nevers Mumba files in presidential nomination paperPosted 2 hours ago
- Edgar Lungu files inPosted 3 hours ago
- Cabinet asks Dr. Guy Scott to resignPosted 3 days ago
- Guy Scott refuses to resignPosted 3 days ago
- Rupiah Banda receives a thunderous welcome in KasamaPosted 6 days ago
- MMD Shall Unite and Prevail says Rupiah BandaPosted 1 week ago
- Edgar Lungu meets with President Robert MugabePosted 1 week ago
- Zambian Amethysts create 100 good deeds braceletPosted 1 week ago
- Disclosure of Funding for Political CampaignsPosted 1 week ago
- Two arrested for illegal trading and unlawful possession of over 700 logs of the Mukula treePosted 1 week ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.