- BancABC mourns President SataPosted 1 day ago
- President Sata’s Remains Arrive Saturday, 1st November, 2014 at 10:00 HoursPosted 2 days ago
- MISA Zambia learns with deep sorrow about the death of President SataPosted 3 days ago
- Late President Michael Sata should be mourned with dignity and honour says Rupiah Bwezani BandaPosted 3 days ago
- The Cobra Who Charmed a Nation: The Life and Times of Michael Chilufya SataPosted 3 days ago
- Zambian Government Confirms the Death of President Sata in LondonPosted 3 days ago
- Police in Mansa arrest 32 people for riotous behaviorPosted 4 days ago
- Zambians in the USA celebrates Golden JubileePosted 4 days ago
- Jubilee celebrations end tragically with suspected drowning of 21 pupils in ChomaPosted 1 week ago
- Acting Republican President Lungu leads in celebrating golden jubileePosted 1 week ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.