- Misty CEO thanks Stanbic bank for Sponsoring the Jazz FestivalPosted 11 hours ago
- The 2nd Annual Stanbic Jazz Festival to feature Earl Klugh, Oliver Mutukudzi, MicasaPosted 17 hours ago
- I want to be MMD vice president says Bowman LusamboPosted 17 hours ago
- President Edgar Lungu is Innocent says Chilufya TayaliPosted 17 hours ago
- 284 Trapped Mopani Miners RescuedPosted 18 hours ago
- Angela Nyirenda Launches New Album and Nationwide TourPosted 23 hours ago
- President Lungu makes changes at Permanent Secretary levelPosted 1 day ago
- Supersport signs deal with FAZ to broadcast the Zambian Premier league for another 5 yearsPosted 2 days ago
- Multichoice hosts Africa’s biggest content showcasePosted 2 days ago
- DEC arrests 13 year old boy for being in possession of paper or implements for forgery.Posted 2 days ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.