- Zambeef impresses COMESAPosted 2 days ago
- Rupiah Bwezani Banda mourns MandelaPosted 2 days ago
- Four motorists cheat death in LusakaPosted 2 days ago
- Court officers arrested for stealing drugsPosted 2 days ago
- Sata joins other Heads of State in mourning MandelaPosted 2 days ago
- HH says Mandela was selfless, honestPosted 2 days ago
- Zambia assents to agreements to secure elephantsPosted 6 days ago
- Lusaka man defiles and strangles two year old daughterPosted 6 days ago
- Parliament mourns Dr ChikusuPosted 6 days ago
- Police officer dies in hijacked car accidentPosted 6 days ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.