- Vice-president Scott holds bilateral talks with Scotland ministerPosted 6 hours ago
- Former President Rupiah Banda visits Kazimu SataPosted 1 day ago
- President Michael Sata visits Kazimu Sata in South AfricaPosted 3 days ago
- “Am Just saying with Mutinta Musokotwane-Chikopela,” Chats with My Boys – My two cents worth (Part Two)Posted 6 days ago
- Patricia Mwashingwele and others join UPNDPosted 1 week ago
- Father Frank Bwalya acquitted in the “Chumbu Munshololwa” casePosted 1 week ago
- External forces responsible for Africa’s instability says KabimbaPosted 1 week ago
- Zambia to take part in the four-nation Africa Cup Under-19 Group B rugby tournament in UgandaPosted 1 week ago
- Emirates Celebrates with 2014 FIFA World Cup Winner GermanyPosted 1 week ago
- Lusaka City Council starts to pull down offensive Penis enlargement postersPosted 1 week ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.