- MMD to undergo massive reorganization process says Nevers MumbaPosted 12 hours ago
- Dasilo Mweene sets up business in her kitchen to share Zambian tastes for the United Kingdom marketPosted 14 hours ago
- DEC arrests a 30 year old woman for drug traffickingPosted 14 hours ago
- Government lifts ban on hunting in 19 hunting blocksPosted 14 hours ago
- Zambezi West poll to go aheadPosted 15 hours ago
- Ndola girl aged 10 years old, gives birth to a baby boy, recoveringPosted 16 hours ago
- Mangango: a wakeup call for the oppositionPosted 16 hours ago
- Angry workers at some contractor companies engaged by KCM ran amok and destroy propertyPosted 16 hours ago
- Police investigate “suicide” of Randy Kitwe Bishop who was charged for allegedly sexually abusing nine young girlsPosted 17 hours ago
- Stanbic Bank announces first-ever jazz festival in ZambiaPosted 18 hours ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.