- Sata swears in Malila, Kaoma as Supreme Court JudgesPosted 4 hours ago
- Sichilongo assault case adjourned to September, 17th, 2014 for continued trialPosted 21 hours ago
- MTN Zambia says mobile banking is the key for the delivery of financial services in ZambiaPosted 21 hours ago
- Support government’s 2030 agenda, President Sata urges Zambians in diasporaPosted 21 hours ago
- Wynter Kabimba Free to Join UPND, says Cornelius MweetwaPosted 21 hours ago
- Chanda Mfula resigns as Media and Publicity Director of the Patriotic FrontPosted 3 days ago
- Kabimba hurt a lot of people says Davies ChamaPosted 3 days ago
- Dot Com Zambia Partners with Zoona to create a payment platform for online shoppingPosted 3 days ago
- State House counsels Brig. Gen. MiyandaPosted 3 days ago
- RTSA caution all road users against lawlessness during Kulamba and Likumbi Lya Mize traditional ceremoniesPosted 4 days ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.