- One child dies in bus accident on Ndola-Kapiri roadPosted 3 days ago
- Minister of Tourism and Arts Jean Kapata dissolves ZAWA BoardPosted 3 days ago
- Lusaka High Court throws out General Kanene’s application against convictionPosted 4 days ago
- DEC in Eastern Province has arrests six peasant farmers in Chief Chinunda’s area for unlawful cultivation of fresh cannabis plantsPosted 4 days ago
- 22 year old female Israeli national arrested for trafficking in cannabisPosted 4 days ago
- Continent’s energy and water leaders join forces to discuss challenges and celebrate successes at annual African Utility Week in Cape Town in MayPosted 4 days ago
- Cost of living goes up says JCTRPosted 5 days ago
- Eight people die on the spot in a bus and truck head on collision in PembaPosted 5 days ago
- 9 months old baby dies in an inferno in Lusaka, police sayPosted 5 days ago
- Fastjet to introduce a third flight from Dar es Salaam to LusakaPosted 5 days ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.