- Justina Mutale foundation launches Scholarships for underprivileged young Zambian womenPosted 49 mins ago
- UPND commends Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ)Posted 1 hour ago
- Evans reveals new Top Gear Friend on BBC BritPosted 1 hour ago
- Fund Electoral Commission of Zambia (ECZ) says YALIPosted 1 hour ago
- Local Noodle Sales Hit 1.6 Million MilestonePosted 3 days ago
- Zambia Army Officers against Salary DeductionsPosted 3 days ago
- Nominations fees for August 11 elections are too high says Hakainde HichilemaPosted 3 days ago
- Government cancels the registration Miles Sampa’s Democratic Front partyPosted 4 days ago
- Dotcom Zambia Breakfast club presents Dr Dennis MwansaPosted 4 days ago
- DEC arrests a Lusaka businessman for money laundering involving K87, 600Posted 4 days ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.