- Daddy who killed his four year old son sentenced to 15 years in prisonPosted 2 days ago
- NGOCC disappointed the process to enact the new constitutionPosted 2 days ago
- President Lungu deserves support from all Zambians, says Bowman LusamboPosted 2 days ago
- Child marriage is a violation of children’s rights, says President LunguPosted 3 days ago
- President Lungu has no solutions to the Zambia’s economic problems, says FDDPosted 3 days ago
- GBV is both a health and a human rights concern, says Lucy JoycePosted 3 days ago
- 21 year old woman arrested for allegedly defiling a 15 year old boy in NakondePosted 3 days ago
- Zambian Actor Brings Hollywood to ZambiaPosted 3 days ago
- Drug Enforcement Commission arrests five people for money launderingPosted 4 days ago
- 162 cases of child sexual abuse survivors recorded at UTH in the month of OctoberPosted 4 days ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.