- Jubilee celebrations end tragically with suspected drowning of 21 pupils in ChomaPosted 6 hours ago
- Acting Republican President Lungu leads in celebrating golden jubileePosted 6 hours ago
- USA toasts Zambia’s Golden JubileePosted 7 hours ago
- Latest Vacancy: Country Legal Manager at BancABC ZambiaPosted 3 days ago
- Latest Vacancy: Administrative Assistant at the Embassy of Sweden in Lusaka, ZambiaPosted 3 days ago
- Latest Vacancy- Programme Coordinator -Adolescent Girls Initiative at the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) ZambiaPosted 3 days ago
- President Sata goes for medical check- up abroad says State HousePosted 5 days ago
- Three people arrested by Drug Enforcement Commission in Lusaka for trafficking in more than 300 kg of cannabisPosted 1 week ago
- Japan gives Zambia K10 m for expanding cold chainPosted 1 week ago
- Man, 26, commits suicide by hanging himself in Muchinga ProvincePosted 1 week ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.