- K 1 billion released for 2014 Q 1 Public Investments and ProjectsPosted 5 hours ago
- Sandvik is platinum sponsor for upcoming Copperbelt Mining Trade Expo and Conference in Kitwe next weekPosted 11 hours ago
- Two Chipata Businessmen Arrested Over K40,000 counterfeit notesPosted 12 hours ago
- ZAWA Director General’s Contract Terminated by GovernmentPosted 12 hours ago
- Nevers Mumba maintains MMD NEC meeting is set for month endPosted 1 day ago
- We will continue yapping to demand for the release of the draft constitution says Fr. Leonard ChitiPosted 1 day ago
- Police launch manhunt for bandits who snatched K541,736.00 cash in LuanshyaPosted 1 day ago
- Unsafe Abortions in Zambia worry GovernmentPosted 1 day ago
- 35 people killed in Easter weekend accidentsPosted 1 day ago
- Dora and her team should leave MMD says Bowman LusamboPosted 2 days ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.