- Zambia records K283 million trade surplusPosted 1 week ago
- Parliament ratifies two Supreme Court Judges and Five High Court JudgesPosted 1 week ago
- Kwacha fails to recover before February endsPosted 1 week ago
- Opposition MPs’ conduct is disorderly and not permitted by our Constitution says SpeakerPosted 1 week ago
- PPAZ calls on Government increased budgetary allocation to family planning programmesPosted 1 week ago
- Dysentery breaks out at Kasama Girls’ Secondary SchoolPosted 1 week ago
- Sata urges Zambians living in DRC to work hardPosted 1 week ago
- Rupiah Banda leaves for Medical Review in South AfricaPosted 1 week ago
- Shakafuswa returns to parliamentPosted 1 week ago
- Gemfields Raises Record US$36.5m in Lusaka Higher Quality Emerald AuctionPosted 1 week ago
ZAMBIA ARMY HAS NOT COMMENCED RECRUITMENT OF SOLDIERS, OFFICERS – LT. COL. MUSONDA
- Updated: May 15, 2012
Lusaka, May 14, 2012, ZANIS —The Zambia Army has refuted media reports that it has commenced the recruitment exercise of soldiers and officers.
In a press statement made available to the Zambia News and Information Services (ZANIS) in Lusaka today, Zambia Army Spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Chris Musonda stated that the army will advertise the recruitment exercise in both print and electronic media.
Lt. Col. Musonda charged that the Zambia Army will follow all laid down qualification requirements for candidates and that no payments will be involved in the exercise.
He further called on all persons with information concerning bribery in the forthcoming recruitment exercise to report the matter either to the Zambia Police (ZP) or the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC) for further action. Lt. Col. Musonda has since warned that the Zambia Army will not entertain any illegal or underhand methods in the forthcoming soldier recruitment exercise.
Last week Zambia Army Commander Paul Mihova disclosed that the Army will start recruiting soldiers countrywide.